Windows XP Help??

Username: Cld_canada

Post Number: 1
No login username comes up on the screen. Had setup windows XP without password but now unable to log on as it asks for the password.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3270
I can't answer that as it will involve 'hacking' the system to get around the password. For all I know, you're illegally attempting to get into a password protected computer. Furthermore, the info I would provide would help someone else in doing so, even if your situation is completely legitimate.

Sorry, you'll have to take it to a computer repair center so they can do it for you.

Post Number: 2
Thanks Jexx .. I can understand the problem ... Actually I could format my system too but I just do not want to lose the data I have it on computer..
So was just wondering if there is any way to save the data... There is no hacking involved ...I was reading on internet that some Service pack 2 has security features ..may be that is causing soem problem ... Any help would be gr8..

Post Number: 3
The actual problem is when I start computer it takes me to the screen where it says click your username though there is no username to click .. then on Alt Ctl+del it asks for password..

Username: Deliriium_trigger

WI US

Post Number: 5
ok, this is not "hacking the system" if its your own computer. No disrespect to Jexx, although my opinions differ from you thus my post will. And the information is free wether ethical or not, im sure no one here is going to give info on how to use third party programs to break into a system. I am a firm believer in open source information. So I will tell you what might help, use it how you may. Any real digging on the net will show you this anyway. And furthermore, I will tell you how to use your product to its fullest. What you or anyone else does with this information, take it up with microsoft. They coded it, not me.

Heres what you do, when you log into windows go into classic login mode by pressing ctl+alt+del, if your not already there. Then type in "administrator" as the user name. If you didn't set THE actual Admin password (as alot of people dont and set up there own account with admin rights) the password should be left blank. just hit enter and your in under the Admin account. Set up a password for that and any account your using with admin rights.

Secondly, if your in your computer and have admin rights. Select RUN type in CMD when the black CMD box appears type in "net user" (no quotes) this will give you a list of all accounts on your system, including the helpassist and support accounts. You might notice that there is an administrator account and other users. The great thing about this is you can change the passwords here without actually knowing them.
Re-type Net user followed by the account name listed and a *
example using soandso as the user name
C:\Documents and Settings\soandso>Net user soandso *
it then asks you to type in a password for the user. type carfully as you wont be able to see what you type,
Conferm that password and your done.
Again, this is free information and should be used responsably, don't screw with people because who knows what legal ramifications could arise. I can tell you legaly about Limewire but I cant advise you to download illegal music. Same concept applies here. The Command prompt is a legit tool for windows XP and any serious user should know how to use it. Also they should be aware that people lookin into getting in a system can learn this information just by diggin around the net anyway, so why not make more people aware so they can better protect themselves? No one is gonna do this to your system unless you let them sit in the chair, and theres always the BIOS passwords, then no one can touch windows. (unless i tell you that too) Just kidding. Be responsable.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3435
It really isn't my opinion that the above information should be shared, but rather in the board's 'Terms & Conditions':

"If you participate in any Forum within an eCoustics.com site,
you MUST NOT:

advocate illegal activity or discuss illegal activities with the intent to commit them;

post or distribute any material that infringes and/or violates any right of a third party or any law;
"

Anyway, both of the solutions posted really aren't that helpful...the first requires that an admin password not be set. The second requires you to already be in the system-of which doesn't help the original poster.

A bios password isn't bad, but it only locks the motherboard, the hard drive can still be accessed with no problems.

WI US

Post Number: 6
I agree with the Terms & conditions but I don't believe that this info is a violation, since it's my opinion that hes not going to use this info to commit a crime. Although, your right Jexx, if the board decideds it is a violation, I concede the point.

Secondly, I believe that the info would help if indeed he did not set the user password as he said in his original question. If there is a user password already there that means one of three things
1 He accedently set it on setup.
2 Someone else has set his password without his knowledge
3 He is indeed trying to hack someones system, which, if that is the case, my info wont help because its for empty Admin Passwords and the second part he would have to be in the system anyway.
The further information is for basicly "future refrance" because its in the same topic, windows password managment. And, It is sad that people would try to hack their friends and family members computer systems for whatever reason. I've had that happen to me back when I didn't even know what BIOS was or anything about computers but that it take me to the net lol. (yes, we have all been there) so for me this kind of knowledge has kept many eager roomates out of my computer, people who know all about the infamous empty Admin password and the three finger salute that brings you the whole PC without your knowing it. I guess its all a matter of opinion.
So people listen to Jexx, don't commit a crime with this.

Jexx is right in that the bios password only locks the motherboard, and they could rip out the hard drive and get any info off there too, but for the extra paranoid user, Bios passwords are a great addition to home PC security. I personaly don't use bios passwords because Im confident that no one that can get near my computer would be able to get into windows anyway, as they may be smart but since there trying to get in my computer they obviously dont have a way of getting a third party disk to get in. So for me, Bios passwords are a waste of time.

WI US

Post Number: 7
Also if it says click your user name, and there is no name to click, (assuming thats the blue welcome screen) press the three finger salute (ctl+alt+del) and enter the classic log on mode, type in your name as you set it up, leave the password feild blank and login. If you didn't set the password but set up a name then this should work unless one of the three things listed in my above post are true.

Silver Member
Username: Geeker

Post Number: 157
why not just use the password reset disk?
http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3571

quote:

It's VERY ALPHA yet, and relies heavily on undocumented structures and methods. You have been warned!

That's comforting. It's not even Beta.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us