No Sound after trasferring video from camcorder to PC via USB??

Username: Cmsurfer

Post Number: 1
Hery guys I'm new here and stumbled across this forum when searching for a fix to a problem I have.

I have a Sony DCR-TRV250 camcorder. I recently setup my brother-in-law with a DVD burner so he can make DVD's of some of his Mustang racing videos he taped with my camcorder.

He has a P4 machine w/ Windows 2000 and we are using Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 to capture the video via USB. After it has been captured, there is no sound?? Any ideas, on what could have happened?? Or how to fix it??

He does not currently have a firewire connection, but I see no reason why there wasn't any sound after we streamed it from the camcorder to the PC via USB. We are going to try it again tomorrow, but I'm looking for some ideas on what may have happened or what I can do to fix the problem.

Thanks,

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1446
Make sure you have a separate audio connection. Video and Audio signals ususally don't travel in the same conduit together. I have had success in using a firewire.

Post Number: 2
If I am using USB, am I supposed to use audio cables into the line in on the video card then??

I'm teaching my brother-in-law how to do this and he only has USB right now.

I know firewire is the way and I do capture via firewire on my PC, but it's not my machine.

Thanks for the reply. I'll take a look at audio cables.

Post Number: 3
If I am using USB, am I supposed to use audio cables into the line in on the sound card then??

I'm teaching my brother-in-law how to do this and he only has USB right now.

I know firewire is the way and I do capture via firewire on my PC, but it's not my machine.

Thanks for the reply. I'll take a look at audio cables.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1447
Yes, much like a regular recorder, the Auido and video are separate.

Post Number: 4
Thanks... I just found at work a Dazzle A/V pad I can use for the time being until he gets a firewire card.

Username: Stu1892

Newcastle, Tyne & Wear ENGLAND

Post Number: 1
I have the exact same problem, but i'm using a firewire cable.

If i transfer it while watching on my camcorder, i can hear the sound on the camcorder, but it doesn't transfer.

Any ideas?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1621
Even with firewire cable, the Audio is separate. You need an audio cable from the camera to the computer.

Post Number: 5
Berny, that is incorrect. I meant to post since I figured out my problem. There was a setting in my capture program that had the sound source set to the PC's sound card as the default. I had to change that from the sound card to the camcorder and everything captured perfectly with sound. There is no need to run a separate audio line to the PC. At least that was in my case.

Stuart - What program are you using to capture your video? Take a look in some of the settings to verify your audio source. Make sure it is set to your camcorder, not your PC's sound card.

I used two or three different programs while capturing and in each one I had to change the audio source. I used both USB and Firewire and I did not need to use a separate audio cable for anything.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1631
I stand corrected.

Unregistered guest
what the best program to capture the video and edit..??

John R Williams
Unregistered guest
I have the same problem, only when I go to change the audio source to the sony camcorder, it goes back to my sound card for some reason.

I do it in the main menu. (Roxio DVD Building)

I go to advance settings and then check the sony. Then it jumps back to my sound card (realtek)

Any ideas?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us