Sony DCR-TRV250 vs. JVC GR-D30 Mini Dv - comments please!

Anonymous
If you had a choice between a Sony DCR-TRV250 Digital 8 Camcorder and a JVC GR-D30 Mini Dv Camcorder... which way would you go? I am torn. I have had good luck with Sony products in the past. The features I like on the Sony are the light, the Steadyshot and the nightshot features. But JVC is Mini Dv which seems to be the way of the future. There are pleny of reviews on the Sony but none of the JVC. Has anyone used the JVC? Any comments much appreciated.
Please note that I do not want to hear about other cameras or better alternatives. These are my only two choices via a 'rewards' type program at work. It is one or the other - no alternatives. I want to make the best choice but have never owned a camcorder and am trying to research the best option of those 2. Thank you in advance for any helpful advice.

I just bought a JVC GR-D30 Mini Dv Cam, and i very happy with it, specially for the price that i paid for. I also have a Sony Hi-8 model, and i must say that the Sony it´s better in some aspects, for example : Shooting at night. With the Sony, you could shoot without light. It´s like a night vision device! I used it a lot in a trip to Canada, and i went there to the mountains at night. I still remember the quality of the shoots. Amazing! With the JVC one, it´s impossible to shoot at night. Even with the night feature on. The image is clear, but you could not shoot at normal speed. The images seems to be slower than in reality, and it takes a lot of time to get use to that. In the other hand, the JVC is the way of the future, like you said. The format is better, the images are clearer (only at day).You must understand that this camera is one of the cheapest in the market, and for a Mini Dv is very good price! Compare with Sony prices. For that kind of money, you could have a great camara to shoot with a lot of features, but forget about the night! The Sony is an instrument and the Jvc is a toy. It will give you a great times, but you could not expect a lot for the money that the JVC is on the market.

Tried both of these cameras. No comparison, the Sony's quality is way better. The only advantage t Mini DV that I see is the size, and the sony really isn't all that big. Sony has the light and the night shot , JVC is useless in the dark. When connected to the TV, there is a noticeable difference in quality between the two. I recommend the Sony.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us