Samsung SC-D103 "protection" screen message...

Username: Droogiex

Post Number: 1
Hi, I have this Samsung SC-D103 camcorder and suddenly I got this "protection" message always blinking on the screen when in tape mode so I can't record anything!, it used to work ok but suddenly that "protection" message appeared, In the manual it says it indicates "tape protection" but I have checked and tried different tapes and it doesn't matter if they have protection switch on or not the camcorder simply just don't identify them correctly, I don't know if it's a mechanical malfunction or just a bug cause I was reading on the net about several people with the same problem and no solution yet, everything else works ok, Samsumg support was no help 'cause they say they can't know until I send them the camcorder along with $150 to check it..., does someone has a similar problem or a solution for this?

If you found a solution please email me:

velvetrevolvergdl@hotmail.com

Thanks

Username: Ant97cobra

Post Number: 1
Same problem. Gonna try putting a memory stick in and switch modes to memory card, then in the menu you maybe able to take the camera out of the protection mode. Need to order a memory stick so let me know if that works out for you.

Username: Droogiex

Post Number: 2
No, that doesn't work, I finally decided to take it to repair, the problem was the transport mechanism, it needed to be replaced
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us