Sub help

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2264
hi guys. i think im in the process of being scammed at the moment......but prior to any accusations, posting bad feedback, getting paypal involved, etc....i wanted to see if you guys had any suggestions

i thought something was going on after a bit.

first off, i purchased it from someone on caraudio.com (his feedback thread seemed fine to me)

he was more than responsive when i was purchasing the sub, then after money sent - communication fell by the wayside

i sent him the money, and i sent him a shipping label as i can get discounts by putting it on my boss's account.

1) i received the package today and it was packed horribly. a couple of peices of styrofoam for padding under the motor. after bouncing around a bit - the motor destroyed the styrofoam and leaving zero protection whatsoever

2) even worse.....i pull out my dmm and i cant get a reading on the coils

even with the poor packaging - the sub appears to be in good condition.

any idea with the coils?

Gold Member

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2265
i dont think the coils are out of phase or anything like that

the cone seems to move just fine - no scratching noises, no bad smells, no discolorations, etc. feels very similiar to my old dd 9515G

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 950
don't know what to tell you.

Gold Member

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2266
anyone?

Silver Member
Username: Gutteer

Fort atkinson/Marshall, WI

Post Number: 123
i think you just got screwed

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23158
Sounds to me like he was hoping the poor packing would fool you into believing the sub was damaged in shipping. His fault BTW anyway. The fact that you say communication fell off after payment was received, to me, seals the deal that he knew it was trash before he sent it.

You can file a claim through the shipping company but they will just lean back on their policy of "if it was packed wrong, you're fucked".

Sorry dude. If you know his address Canaan can send him a nice gift for your troubles.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4853
Try testing it out? Use the dmm on another sub you have to see if your dmm is even working properly.

Gold Member

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2267
paul - i felt that way as well. he had mentioned he was moving this week, so i gave him the benefit of the doubt.

bern - thats the issue....all of my equipment is back in michigan. i moved to new jersey late may

i did test the dmm on various things around the house though.....it seems to be working fine

i just wanted to check with you guys to see if i was overlooking anything.........

whats even worse is that i sent him a PM on ca.com, a text message, and called and left a voicemail all within a couple of hours of the package received.......no response

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 967
suck tastic.

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 262
File the claim with PayPal. Worst case scenario they favor him, but if he isn't communicating with you then he there's a chance he won't respond to the claim. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15029
good suggestion

Gold Member

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2268
dispute filed.

Coty,

I am sorry that it has come to this. We could have resolved this in another fashion if you would have kept the lines of communication open. Since I have received the damaged Treo SSX 12.22, I have called you twice, left you one voicemail, sent you one text message, and sent you one personal message on caraudio.com. Since you have failed to reply to any of these forms of communication, I feel that I am forced to file a dispute.

Issues:

1) You were more than responsive when I was trying to purchase the subwoofer. You called promptly, and texted me back instantly. Once funding was sent, your communication fell by the wayside.

2) Shipping. You did not have to put forth much effort. I sent you a shipping label. All you had to do was properly package the item, and then drop it off to a UPS Store in a timely manner. You failed to do both. I sent you the shipping label on 7/5/2010. You did not drop off the package until 7/13/2010.

3) The item was not as described. In extreme anticipation of receiving this item, I was waiting for UPS to arrive. Once the package was delivered, I already had a bad feeling due to the condition of the box. Once I opened the package, I instantly tested the coils with my digital multi meter. THE COILS ARE BAD. PERIOD. This item is not in proper working order as stated. I have near 10 years of experience in electronics as well as residential/commercial electricity. You and I both know that this item is bad.

4) In your for sale thread, you stated that two of your four subwoofers had bad coils, and two were in perfect working order. The fact that you knew this item was bad and sent it anyway really bothers me. This really shows your true character. I was still willing to work with you after you had sent me a non working item. Your lack of communication has forced me to do this.

Best Regards,

Dan

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15039
good write up

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 970
sux that it had to go down like that, hope it turns out well for you.

Gold Member

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2269
thanks guys

Gold Member

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2270
should i contact a mod on ca.com?

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 971
may be worth it.

Silver Member
Username: Jemone

Tucker, Georgia United States

Post Number: 394
That dude is SSSoooo wrong. I hate it went down like that. That is also what makes me so apprehensive about person to person deals.Seems like some people just want your money, then do not give a darn, because you fulfilled your end. Worst case scenario, is that particular sub able to be re coned?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15043
I dont think he will have any problem winning the paypal dispute

Gold Member

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2272
ya it can be reconed.....but i didnt pay for a motor and a basket.........

i hope i get my money back......if not - this scumbag obviously needed it worse than i did

i sent a PM to denim on ca.com. i sent one to denim as i see him on here from time to time. hopefully he can shed some light on the subject

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 577
That is a raw deal man, hope the dirtbag gets what he deserves!

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 578

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15066
justice will be served watch

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23165
Does he still post over there? He's obviously turned his back on this.

Like I said, have Canaan send him a gift.

I have many scam stories and attempts myself online, some here. They have that poker face and line to back it up. In the end though they are just pathetic cowards and poachers living off other ppl's trust. They hop from one green island to the next, in this case for sale ads on car audio forums. When they've been spotted and tagged they move on or change names.

Fuggers them all.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15072
this kind of stuff is what makes me stay away from ca when it comes to buying stuff.....my brothers been scammed there too

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8163
Well damit..chalk another one up to the CA.com scammed list.
I got stuck by some non-shipping asshat a few years ago on an IA 20.1 and I was out $420.
Start a bad feedback thread on there if you haven't already.

And Paul...I guess my little Ecoustics secret santa gift will forever live in infamy.
I tried to live up it last year, but I just fell by the wayside compared to the original.

Gold Member

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2275
ya it sucks...but $200 isnt the worst thing that could happen. he will get boned harder than $200 worth some day

i would seriously be more satisfied if he came to me and said, "i scammed you." the fact that he too cowardly to answer any of my questions is what bothers me most

cyoung88 (coty young).......i hope you get a turd in your sandwich

Gold Member

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2277
paul - he hasnt signed in since july 10th

canaan - denim suggested that i start a thread asking for more contact information........so thats what i did

i will be posting a negative feedback thread in the near future

Silver Member
Username: Sleste8

Shelbyville, MI United States

Post Number: 327
that sucks dan, and honestly this is what i expected when i met up with you in read city. but thankfully you weren't a scammer. lol

but like you said, he'll have to pay more than he made off of you...

it's karma, she's always watching........

Gold Member

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2279
haha come on now steve. im a straight shooter

i wish i would have kept that 9515G and that fisher customs box......you got a steal at $250. oh well - i need more trunk space anyways

ive got my eye on something else now........that is if i get my refund and save a little bit. if not, i might send it to dave at psi and get something done to this nice paper weight

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=41001

these 10s sealed on 2-3K......i think it would sound nice

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23167

quote:

paul - he hasnt signed in since july 10th

Oh he may not have signed in but he is most surly reading and watching anonymously. There are scammers that have made their $$ here in the past that still scan threads looking for opportunities. It takes all of about 3 minutes to create a new account. Then you have some incredibly stupid ones who don't even change their names and still offer to sell. What they hope for is to fly in under the radar and make the kill.

I've suggested it in the past that if any transaction appears to have greater than normal risk to have a third party hold the funds. Someone they both trust and not some month old member. Once goods are received as described the money will be released. That forces the seller to not only properly pack the items but insure them as well. Spending an extra $5 to insure a $300 item isn't a deal breaker IMO.

Silver Member

Post Number: 331
those look pretty badazz for 10's!

and $250 was a steal for that sub and box, but i know what you mean about trunk space lol. theres none...

i kept the gains down so i didn't hurt it, it's out right now tho until i can get the proper electrical.

Gold Member

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2287
update: paypal isnt doing anything for me as it was not purchased through eGay

i filed a complaint through ic3.gov.............i doubt that will do anything

i contacted dave at Psi and i will be getting it reconed there.

i guess ill just have to cut my losses and get it reconed after i save up some money

Silver Member

Post Number: 363
damn dan, what a bi*ch... that sucks

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock

Michigan

Post Number: 591
id be pretty pissed.

Gold Member