RD Audio...Buyer beware! Long read!

Bronze Member
Username: Ninobrn99

Honolulu, HI USA

Post Number: 29
Well Kevin at Low-Hz approched me on CAF.com about getting a good deal on some RD subs. I decided what the hell.
I did some research and found out that there were issues with Steve (owner of RD), but didn't think much of it because I was gettin my stuff from Low-Hz and not RD directly thinking Low Hz had them in stock. WRONG!
Low Hz placed th order through RD. I ordered them on the 17th of May not expecting the order to ship in until Monday or Tuesday.
Kevin told me that they shipped on Tuesday the 20th and that he would get me a tracking number. Well the following Tuesday came and I didnt have a tracking number or package. Wed the 25 still no tracking number or package. I call Steve at RD directly to see if I can get it. I get the "Ill get it for you either later tonight or by the morning" response. Well, I didnt get jack. I get at Kevin to find out what the hell is going on and why havent I gotten a tracking number or package yet? I did take the Memorial Day weekend into consideration, but still, it should've only taken 6 days at most to get here.
It takes about two days before I finally get my tracking number. I should be happy right? Nope! I was only even more furious than before. Here's what I saw

May 28, 2008
9:11 PM
Arrived at FedEx location
KENNESAW, GA

6:22 PM
Picked up
KENNESAW, GA

May 21, 2008 12:43 PM
Package data transmitted to FedEx
ACWORTH, GA

So my order that was shipped on the 20th didnt get a label until the 21st? :confused::wow: and wait, Steve you told me you knew for sure that you mailed it out the middle of last week, but wait..oh whats that I see?? It didnt get picked up until the 28th. :verymad::confused::crazy:

But Steve said it was sent out. Did Fedex just not pick it up? Lets find out. I called Fedex to find out exactly what happened. If you have an account, you can print a label, but that doesn't mean the package is automatically going to be picked up. The package wasnt picked up until the 28th because it wasnt ready (from RD) to be picked up until then.

Kevin was a middle man and could only relay what he was told. I tried to give RD the benefit of the doubt, but Steve was lying to me and Kevin the whole time!!

Unless you're in Georgia or buying used, DO NOT BUY RD Audio! If you decide to get it thorugh Low Hz, make sure he has them in stock otherwise, pass. Im sure RD will cower and not admit to it, but I've got plenty of emails and facts that prove otherwise.

A pist off RD buyer,
Nino

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2483
ive boughten through kevin and rd and never had an issue .. thats unfortunate .. ull get all the rd haters here ... but when it comes down to rd is a good company in my expierience

Username: Excursion

Post Number: 10
this is the problem with the smaller companies. 1 guy drops the ball and its screw the pooch time

Gold Member
Username: Mike11202

RE MT 15 VFL 200.1 , Sewell, NJ US

Post Number: 1742
i dont care what you lover fegs say if companies aren't consistant thats bad business

FYI

Bronze Member

Honolulu, HI USA

Post Number: 30
Mike,
I heard good things about Kevin. Im not blaming him at all. he's been as helpful as he could, but its Steve whos at fault. I read about him on CAF, but like I said, I figured Kevin had them on hand. Guess I just wasnt lucky this time around.

Username: Basher8621yahoocom

McConnell AFB, Ks USA

Post Number: 8
I know there's many guys on here who love RD. I've read through posts and it's very obvious. They make decent products, no doubt. But Steve has a track record and it's well known. He's the sole reason I couldn't possibly ever use an RD sub. Try selling an RD product on CA.com and see what happens...you'll get bashed to pieces. The guys over there have had lots of trouble with RD as a company. Something like this is nothing new. I have nothing against Low-Hz...simply RD. Next time..think more carefully before you buy from a manufacturer with a bad track record. It's like buying a product from eD. If you don't get burned in the sales process, you'll get burned in service or warranty. Though I'm new here on eCoustics, I've been around SoundDomain and CA.com quite a bit. So please don't dismiss what I have to say simply because you haven't seen me here. I'm well versed in the car audio industry as a whole.

Username: Trufe_tella

Post Number: 3
should have read more about steve over on roe,,,,,its not a hidden fact that steve is a bad business owner,,,,

Bronze Member

Honolulu, HI USA

Post Number: 31
i usually post good or bad. I just thought Id add to the bunch.

Gold Member
Username: Mike11202

RE MT 15 VFL 200.1 , Sewell, NJ US

Post Number: 1744
i was talking about RD Audio

bad business dont tell your customer some bullsh1t that its being shipped and print out a label and wait a week to ACTUALLY ship it

i can see 2-3 days handling for big companies due to large orders but this is a very small company

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1699
Sucks that you had a bad experience bot for me I've bought through Kevin and Low-Hz once and Steve from RD twice now and it has been smooth sailing, and I live in Canada.

I still chat up Kevin about RD stuff and sales...etc as so far, they are both great guys to talk to.

Steve can be very hard to get a hold of sometimes though, so I send like an e-mail a day...lol

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4038
"DO NOT BUY RD Audio!"

Oh trust me... I won't.

Bronze Member
Username: Gibsonguy

Post Number: 70
i am going to have to agree with a lot of the guys on here. RD's products look to be very nice. It's just too bad they aren't made available with less hassle. There is only so much companies like low-hz can do when the top guys aren't shipping things out when they're supposed to.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6190
""DO NOT BUY RD Audio!"

Oh trust me... I won't."

x2.

Bronze Member
Username: Fred_the_axe_murderer

Post Number: 27
i have heard nothing but bad things about RDs customer service, ok products but if something goes wrong you might as well buy something else because you will be old and grey by the time you get it fixed.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 16922
Wow. This is turning into a consensus.

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

USF, FL USA

Post Number: 777
Personally I have never thought much of RD. Too bad about your poor experience.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6193
i never said i wouldn't buy rd because of thier products. i was interested in running a single alpha awhile ago. also heard the classics series which are nice subs, especially for the price you can normally get them at. although they aren't as nice sq subs as the jl w6 (as i was told they were), still nice subs. it's for other reasons i refuse to ever buy an rd product.

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1337
just curious what subs you are getting. sorry to hear about your exp.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9775
Well, my only dealing with Steve Miller went pretty smooth. He was involved in the Ecoustics Secret Santa and I received from him and I got my present on time, we had good communication as well during the process of getting his info. The present he sent me was a very generous one at that.

I personally have no problems with Steve Miller and would do business with him if I ever decide to run an RD product. Same goes for Low-Hz and Kevin.

Bronze Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 77
From things i've read about RD, if all the transactions with the company itself were smooth i would like to run their products. I've looked over their specs, and gotten prices on their subs and things look real good to me. just wish companies like this would have better CS so more people would try them out. they probably would have decent potential.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1770
I've ordered from Kevin and RD a few times. Never really had a problem. I ordered another 1750.1 about the same time you ordered Nino and got mine on time.

Not every transaction can go smooth I guess.

Bronze Member

Honolulu, HI USA

Post Number: 32
scott s, I ordered 2 RD classics.

Mike, the crazy thing is, I could've bought two brand new w6v2's for the same price I paid for the RD's local. I went with RD classics because I heard they were louder and had better SQ than the w6.

Bronze Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 80
does anyone know what RD's B&M sales are like?

From my expieriance, sometimes companies that are real big into the physical shops don't do as well with online orders as companies that specialize in internet sales. When it comes down to either shipping out 50 subs to a store, or shipping out 2 random online orders, it's easy to forget about the little guys.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6195
"I went with RD classics because I heard they were louder and had better SQ than the w6."

j/w, but who told you that? i was told the same, but imo the w6 has it on sq.

Bronze Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 81
W6's are good sounding woofers. i haven't used a classic before, but from the specs i would assume the classics have a lot more potential in output than the w6's.

Based on owning a w6 in the past, and seeing specs i would give the edge to the w6 is sq most likely, and output to the classic. but i guess the classic could surprise me.

Bronze Member

Honolulu, HI USA

Post Number: 33
Kevin at Low Hz. Guess I should've stuck to my guns and got the damn JLs :-( Lesson learned the hard way. Worse thing is, Im sure Steve/RD are not going to do a d@mn thing about it.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9373
something i thought you might like to know Nino....from what I read on a write up the classic 12 did much better sq wise sealed over ported in the review against the mach 5 audio maw 12 driver

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9374
heres the link to the write up

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=240646

Bronze Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 82
i didn't read the entire writeup, but i would like to have seen a prolonged test. Many times a cheap driver can do alright for a shorter test, but after a couple months of playing it just falls apart compared to more expensive stronger built drivers. not saying this would be the case, but it sure seems like it would be a possibility based on the writeup and pictures of the build quality.

Bronze Member

Honolulu, HI USA

Post Number: 34
thanks, i read that link. unfortuneatly i read it too late. I had a box built 3.5cubes tuned to 35hz :-( Those are the specs Kevin recommended to me. I may try to build my own sealed box later to see which works best.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 2002
Nino,

As I stated to you, Steve said he had the subwoofers labeled and shipped on that Wednesday. I had 4 orders go out with yours, 2 on east/mid US, and 2 on west. Nick V's amp got there a tad late, Quentin's Alpha was a little behind as well, and Mike's Alpha in Cali got to him today. The holidays aren't the best time to ship and sometimes things do run late.

I told you I was sorry about the mix up and offered any set of components at dealer cost to help you out.

We can't help what shipping companies do after pick up. Why print label and not ship the product then? With DHL it happened a couple times, and since switched to FEDEX that week who knows what went on.

I just perfer you know 100% what happened rather than jump to a conclusion. I take Steve's word for the fact that the label was printed on the 21st, and I have ALWAYS had products shipped same day label was printed. There is nothing showing me that it did not leave his warehouse until the 28th, just when it scanned to leave the area.

I know you have a couple other issues with things not getting to you for over a month, but no need to release all your anger on one company. I am not mad and will help you if you need it, just always remember count backwards form 10 :-)

I had Classics and played with W6's side by side with a JL dealer. Classics were louder and sounded better in my eyes as well as the JL dealer's. Which this means nothing because I am me, but that's how the cookie crumbles.

Kevin

Bronze Member

Honolulu, HI USA

Post Number: 35
ive been counting
Im sure you believe Steve, but the fact is, I dont. Fedex made plenty of sense and Steve has yet to.

I told you already, its not your place to have to make up for RD. They messed up, not you. At cost isnt enough to fix being lied to the way I was.
Btw, it doesnt look like Ill be getting the damn replacement speaker until the end of July or beginning of August :mad:

Hope the box is done today after all.

Silver Member
Username: Exige

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 400
"We can't help what shipping companies do after pick up. Why print label and not ship the product then? With DHL it happened a couple times, and since switched to FEDEX that week who knows what went on."

I'm staying out of this for the most part..but I'm sorry this frankly sounds like a load of BS. I print labels all the time and products don't ship that day. Orders come in late at night after FedEx has left for the day...get it boxed up...print the label..box ships next day.

I have never once given a product to FedEx or UPS and had it SIT with them for 8 days before it moved...cause guess what...I'd be on the phone with them after a day if my customer's products weren't moving when they were in the shipping company's hands.

If this was a routine practice where shipping companies just sat on boxes, #1 you'd hear about (hmm..first time I've ever heard this and the manufacturer puts blame on the shipping company...) #2 those companies wouldn't be in business anymore. So on that note, from someone who ships plenty of products per day and NEVER had anything like this happen...that's a load of BS and I know it the same as you do.

Silver Member
Username: Teamrevolution

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 290
We switched from DHL to Fed ex on the 19th due to some issues with packages going missing.

Shipping as a whole was backed up due to the fact Fedex had our account messed up badly and was not making sheduled stop instead we had to carry shipments up to the fedex location. You were not the only person to get delayed on shipping.

I am sorry for your troubles if you want to call in tomarrow you can get compansated for these problems.

Our Fedex acct rep now has us on a correct pick up and pricing. It was messed up to were to ship a 80 pound package it was coming to 221.00 instead of 60.00.

We make no exuses and i am deeply sorry for this.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3777
"Why print label and not ship the product then?"

Not saying you are at fault at all Kevin. But I had Iraggi do this to me a time or two. He would send the shipping info to me even though he wasnt sending it out for days afterword.

Bronze Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 84
Exige...i think your first sentence was your smartest one. being a competing company you should stay out of this for sure. you brought up what are probably some very valid points, but without knowing for certain what happened, it's probably smartest to leave it alone.

not to mention it looks like you're affiliated with TC sounds. they have had their fair share of problems in the past;)

Silver Member

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 402
I'm not affiliated with TC Sounds in anyway. I'm affiliated with Parts Express. I have never had any relations with TC Sounds. Like Jake from Sundown has done before...I have no problem with as well. If I smell something iffy, I will call it out.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6196
exige has no affiliation with tc, fyi. since they went bankrupt, i doubt they have many dealers still around.

Bronze Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 86
sounds fair enough. just be careful though man. i dont like to see other companies getting involved in others business. just doesnt seem professional to me. plus as a consumer i kind of take it as an insult like im not smart enough to see that there was a wrongdoing on my own.

but this time no harm no foul. just lets keep things clean here.

and where can i find out more info about you and the audiopulse drivers. i dont want things getting too off topic here, but i am interested to seeing how everything works there.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6197
beat me to it exige:-)

Gold Member

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1700
Totally forgot to mention this!

My order was delayed as Steve noted above because FedEx was trying to charge $255 to ship a set of Alphas to me when it should have been around $80. They also wanted to charge me $120 to ship out my 6.5" component speakers.

Crap happens once in a while and unless I get scammed out of my money (happened once on ebay) I am pretty happy if thing arrive a tad late.

H3ll, I just bought a $1,600 bed set from the Brick and it took ONE month, a whole MONTH for me to get my bed. The brick gave me no compensation whatsoever as they were late by 3 weeks and my girlfriend and I slept on the floor.

Bronze Member

Honolulu, HI USA

Post Number: 36
[quote=Steve Miller]We switched from DHL to Fed ex on the 19th due to some issues with packages going missing.

Shipping as a whole was backed up due to the fact Fedex had our account messed up badly and was not making sheduled stop instead we had to carry shipments up to the fedex location. You were not the only person to get delayed on shipping.

I am sorry for your troubles if you want to call in tomarrow you can get compansated for these problems.

Our Fedex acct rep now has us on a correct pick up and pricing. It was messed up to were to ship a 80 pound package it was coming to 221.00 instead of 60.00.

We make no exuses and i am deeply sorry for this.[/quote]
Steve,
I just dont know why you told me they were shipped instead of what really happened. I would've understood. You went about it the wrong way. There I was like a dumba$s waiting on a tracking number you said you would give me. I really did want to replace my CDT components with the Elites, but you know, I dont think there's anything you can do to make up for blatantly lying to me.
You can ask Kevin, I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, I really did. Oh well, two more days and Ill finally get my subs.

Bronze Member

Honolulu, HI USA

Post Number: 38
/\/\ike,
Oh, trust me, I know about things taking forever to get here. Ive been waiting a month for some gauges to come in that still arent here. they probably wont be for another 2-3 weeks. They're coming from Ohio I think. I've got a CDT replacement speaker that was shipped out Parcel post to me...guess what...its gonna take 6-8 weeks. This is all going on right now.

Silver Member

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 291
What your not understanding is we we under the impression that all of the stuff we were sending out was shipping.

Our shipments that were sent were just gathering at the hub. Until i ran your tracking number i had no idea that they were not moving in transit.

So there was no lie i was unaware that they sat indle for a week. If i knew i would have called the account rep that day and resolved it.

Like i said i am sorry this happened to you and the other customers that had this delay happen to them.

Bronze Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 88
i was just wondering steve...is RD mostly an online company or a B&M one? and if you have lots of dealers with shops, are there any in the CT area?

Bronze Member

Honolulu, HI USA

Post Number: 39
I guess it's just because I dont have a Fedex account that I dont understand how it works.

Can you tell me why it took till the 29th to get a tracking number instead of the same week it 'shipped out'?

Something just isnt making sense.

Silver Member

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 292
We are 98.9% B&M we decided a long time ago to never add another net dealer and just keep what we had.

We do not have any shops in CT. The North East is not one of out big areas.

Most of our shops are in the South East, Texas, Midwest, and a few in Cali.

We deal only dealer direct and do not use distributors.

Bronze Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 89
Thanks for the response, appreciate it. i hope to see some RD products up here in CT sometime so i can check them out.

And nino, i think i know what held up your woofers.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1p_d8Z2kaTU

Silver Member

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 293
Your telling me! We had 4% of our packages going missing with DHL and they are so slow to pay back sometimes 120 days.

So we switched to Fedex. We thought everything was setup. The trucks did not show up to pick up our boxes.

We called fedex they said the only person who can set regualar pick ups is my acct rep.

So i tryed to call him he was out of town for a week. So i left him a bunch of messages.

Fedex told me we could drop them at any fedex pick up place so we did.

The whole time from the 21rst to the 28th or 29th we dropped them off we thought they were shipping to there destination.

Come to find out the acct rep did not assign our account to the payment method of credit card so they held the packages since they did not know if they were getting paid for.

Once i ran your number and noticed the package was sitting idle i checked a couple more with the same issue. So i called fedex and told them i was canceling my acct since it was fu-ked. They got me on the phone with a acct supervisor and he fixed my problem and even gave me better rates.

Then my Overseas rates we set wrong and i had to sit on a phone a few times to get this corrected.

Shipping companies are a pain if there are problems. Nobody can fix anything only a few people can and they take a while to call you back.

I am just glad it is fixed and fedex has not stolen any of my shipments yet.

If you want me to explain it better pls call in tomarrow. It is 12:47 am here.

Silver Member
Username: Howtoeatapencil

Post Number: 127
My package had the exact same problem as nino..:-( but im supposed to get it tomorrow

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5984
"""DO NOT BUY RD Audio!"

Oh trust me... I won't."

x2."

x3.

Silver Member
Username: Howtoeatapencil

Post Number: 128
"I am sorry for your troubles if you want to call in tomarrow you can get compansated for these problems."

compensated ;) ooo maybe a free comp set haha, i wish :-)

Gold Member

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1701
I'm in the same boat for a set of Alpha 12's and Alpha Comps hopefully here Friday or next week sometime.

@Nino

I hear ya man as really there is not much we as buyers can do but wait. I have not once had a "good" shipping experience as 99% of the time they don't even contact me to let me know that I have something waiting for me for pick up. That's why I like the tracking numbers as I have to go down when it says I can pick them up.

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Post Number: 2208
Things like that happen did you always get A's in school did you never get in trouble at home or school

you were just the unlucky one to get hit with it

Bronze Member

Honolulu, HI USA

Post Number: 40
[quote= earl]"I am sorry for your troubles if you want to call in tomarrow you can get compansated for these problems."

compensated ;) ooo maybe a free comp set haha, i wish[/quote] yeah, that would be sweet! :D

Silver Member
Username: Visitor

Middleofnowhere, Minnesota USA

Post Number: 170
*sigh*
http://www.realmofexcursion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41203
I wrote this, and it still holds true. anyone who doubts there products is fairly foolish. its sja build, using many similar parts to atomic. (and of course amps zenon, etc.) but there customer service is HORRIBLE as is there net presence. the went to brick and mortar sales, yes (likely because there net sales were NOT going well, simply because of crap like this.) at any rate that is NOT an excuse for poor business ethics on the net. if you are going to sell over the net PERIOD you need better service than this. on this topic.. Steve- is this "Steve" or is this "Paul"?

Bronze Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 91
i haven't been around long enough to comment on the way many of these new companies are run, but one thing i have noticed is that people on the internet seem to have these predetermined expectations for companies. I was around all through the adire audio days when it was taking people 3 years to get recones back for their subwoofers, and i always understood why people were skeptical when buying from them.

So far the worst thing i have seen is that this RD company takes too long to ship sometimes, and with a new company switching shipping services i could see that happening. There also seems to be a general consensus that their products are well built, and are of very good value. Also, i have seen about a million comments made about RD that just plain aren't true. For example, the SJA comment you just made lol. Yes, they are made by them, but after talking with Steve on the phone it sounds like a LOT of the parts are custom tooled for their woofers. Also, I was informed that from day 1 their business plan was to be a B&M company. So your comment about switching over is incorrect and it's speculation like that that i think adds to the companies bad rep.

These are just things i've noticed from reading around the forums.

IMO RD could be an amazing company if that got a few things figured out over there, or they could end up being a terrible one if they continue to have problems in the future. I think they just need to decide which they want to be.

But I know i'm not just going to listen to a bunch of epunks bashing them for my opinion lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 171
are you an idiot? i said similar. not exact. they aren't exact by ANY means.
and believe it or not.. i have torn apart both atomic AND the corresponding rd.. as i said.. similar. not exact (i would love it if you would comprehend this, but i doubt you will:-()
now, lets try some reading comprehension, please? hmm? you were informed from day one that they would be b&m.. after the fact? surprise surprise.
fact of the matter.. i have been lied to, i have been attacked by Steve. i have had the simplest of questions ignored, and the subject changed. i have had 3 different price quotes on the same product. they are clowns plain and simple. the corresponding atomic driver is NOT much more (if at all). i fail to see why anyone wouldn't go that way. you believe what you want, i believe what i want. (only thing is.. my beliefs have fact behind em. yours is based off what a known liar says:-)) and fwiw- there prices are NOT fair. they are HIGH. very.

Bronze Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 92
"now, lets try some reading comprehension, please? hmm? you were informed from day one that they would be b&m.. after the fact? surprise surprise."

Yes, i was informed from day one.

good day lol.

and i dont care what you believe or what companies you like. i'm still willing to give them a try.

Gold Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 2006
Visitor(AKA: Parkave02), why not go back to ca.com and scam a few more folks. You want to talk about ethics, lets go then bud.

Kevin

Silver Member
Username: Imi4tth3w

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 160
nino,

how impatient can you be? everyone has some problems some time in their life. so ya im' sure you really want to get your subs and i would be upset about it too if it took a month but when you have the owner of RD and kevin over here apologizing for your mishap i find it hard for you and others to keep bashing. i've had my mind set on RD and this does not change it what so ever. as soon as graduation money rolls in i'll be giving kevin a message. thanks

-matt

Silver Member

Post Number: 172
kevin.. i would ask you to back that up? you ARE aware that all my issues ever have been cleared up.. with a nice kickback to teh people i have made wait on the side.. but you knew that, right? right? kevin, im SURE you were banned from every other damn forum on the net for your damn fine business practices.. right? right? lets play this game you inbred fuckup.:-)

hugs and kisses,
chad

Gold Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 2009
Oh, I see someone got touchy on that subject. We don't care for scammers around here, so go back where you came from.

Kevin

Silver Member

Post Number: 173
not touchy at all:-) as i said.. it was cleared up. trust me.. getting called a "scammer" from someone with your unprecedented reputation? i wont lose any sleep bud:-)just remember.. look in the mirror before you post:-) as for leaving? i rather like it here:, think i will stay. care to maybe send me some death threats like you did to the ssa guys now? or was that rd audio? i forget whos fuckup is whos:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
lol at this outdated forum software.. gives me error messages and still posts. NICE

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21084
we seriously need a mod on this forum.

both of you just let it go man. you guys are fighting like little school girls.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 4007
word

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SOCAL2 RE 15 XXX

Post Number: 2169
x3

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6202
i say let keep it going, finally getting good.

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3784
^^....instigator.

Bronze Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 93
"kevin, im SURE you were banned from every other damn forum on the net for your damn fine business practices.."

I could be wrong here, but isn't almost every other car audio forum run by competing companies? Perhaps that had something to do with the bannings?

and on a side note...i have to say i like the unmoderated forums better. it makes it easier to argue, but lets just make sure to keep the arguments on topic and not personal.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6203
instigator? no, just think it makes for a good read:-)

and kevin, i've always wondered, but are you affiliated with rd more than just a dealer? part owner or something?

Gold Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 2010
Thank you Gibson :-)

Ctmike, no I am not a part owner. I am the southeast sales rep but that is all I do.

Kevin

Gold Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9788
Kevin, you got mail here in a few minutes.

Gold Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1660
Exige Audio FTW

Silver Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 107
^^^still looking for more info on that guy/company/whatever he is.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6214
who? exige? pm him here or over on caraudio.com. very stand up guy who hooks people up with very nice deals. think he's an online dealer with no storefront (not 100% though). he has plenty of refs on several forums. but pm him, he'll tell you everything you need.

Gold Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1662
he also has a website exigeaudio.com.. or just aim him exigeaudio is his screen name very nice guy

Gold Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9791
We talked to Gibson in chat about Exige. I think he has a good understanding of who Exige is.

Silver Member

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 405
If you guys need anything, feel free to PM me. Gibson I actually PM'ed you last night when you were wondering. Yanks, check PM lol.

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 428
"Wise men never argue with fools, because people from a distance can't tell who is who"--Jay Z

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4063
"Never enter a debate with a moron. They will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 429
touche'

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4065
So let's recap the entire story. Steve Miller is basically a good guy who cares about his customers. That means props to him. I truly believe he means well, but...... he hires douchebags to sell his stuff and names his company Revolution Design when there is nothing "Revolutionary" at all about his products and there is no "Design" involved. All they do is copy everyone else's designs. Yes they will get loud, and they have succeeded on that at least. But there are many companies who can claim that distinction. With me so far?. OK.

Add in morons like Kevin Holden and all the others who pawn RD stuff on every forum without a care in the world other than sheer profit, of which E is the last of by the way, since they have been banned on all the other forums because guess what, they have admins and moderators who actually watch for these things. Cool huh? Then you add in the inconsistencies in which they blame on FedEx and the stories from CA and other major sites where they have either lied or worn out their welcome... and have been banned... and you have a pretty accurate picture as to how these guys operate. I mean --- Steve Miller is the owner, yet this guy can't even spell or write a comprehensible paragraph. He types "your" instead of "you're" in every other sentence. He also cannot answer simple questions by members of CA that are asked of him. Like for instance: what is your training? What degrees in audio or any experience at all do you have? No answers. Does this not raise a red flag or two?

Bottom line is this..... RD products can indeed break the 150dB plateau and make you a studly car audio God.... but is it really worth dealing with the stigma attached to the name? I leave that up to you guys. I personally would be embarrassed to own any of their crap. RD aka Réctal Douchefags FTL.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6217
damn.

Silver Member
Username: Tiki89

Post Number: 266
ROFL

and x4 on never buying rd

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3807
Upload

Somebody just got raped....raped in the butt.

Gold Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9792
"Yanks, check PM lol."

Got it bud. I sent a reply back to the email in your profile :-) .

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21109
some harsh words by some of you.

i personally would love to run rd again. i am just not in the car audio mood right now.

to the original poster, i know what you went through can be frustrating but it was shipped out. after a week but you will get it. if you were to buy other company subs like re, dd, and atomics you would wait about that much too.

steve made a mistake of telling you the subs were shipped. he should of waited until he had confirmation from his shipping company before he told you the sub was on its way.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6218
i don't think anyone is bashing the actual product chad. i've heard a classic and liked it, worth the money you can get them for. i think most people are saying the way rd is represented online as a company is what makes alot of people not want to buy rd (at least that is the case for me now, and why i wont buy the alpha i had wanted to awhile ago).

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 678
Ohhhh, the drama of it all.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21116
lol i edited mike.

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

Lincoln, NE TEAM RD U.S.A

Post Number: 977
well can we just all get a long!!! all what matters is i got my BEAUTIFUL ALPHA thank you Kevin!!!! and who all say other wise can bit me

Gold Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 2012
Brad, if I only cared about profits, I would sell at MSRP and not care to help folks period.

Bringing up the ban thing is getting kinda old, and it seems a few folks on here that actually have brains understand that SSA does run and mod every other forum out there. They spam CA.com and ROE ALL the time, but of course it is ok. Ben created some real bad blood with them and denim just straight up pi$$es me off. And you sir need to act your age and not your shoe size. Calling people names over the internet makes you look.....well...... I will leave it there.

And on another note, when have you heard or ever played with a RD sub? Exactly, so how owuld you know what they are about? I know, you will come back with some smartass immature answer, so oh well.

I have always helped folks when needed rather they buy from me or not. Have I ever scammed anyone? Have I ever did anything wrong to anyone? NO! So what is the issue?

As for RD products, if you want to see how they perform USE IT! Obviously RD is doing something right when most of the top USACi competitors are now using us and breaking records left and right. They are not tha same as ANYTHING on the market. We have guys who have used DD, Atomic, RE, Fi and a few others but put out best numbers with RD equipment. Guess that kicks the whole same as Atomic out the window huh? Cause if they were the same, there is no way you would gain 3+ db from one to the other in a drop in test, right? Guess that ruins your theory there.

Well, I'm leaving this alone from now on. Respond or don't. People who know me, know what I am about. People who know RD, know what they are about. People who don't, well they just talk.

As for closing comments, if anyone needs anything or any help I will still be here :-)

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com

Silver Member

Post Number: 177
ah.. another person who cannot understand taht (and this applies only if you were talking to me about "same as atomic") i said similiar:-) and i have owned a few rd woofers:-) bought used, i liked the products. i didnt like the people that sell them, and own the brand. as for "ssa running the other forums" caj is not ran by ssa, and yet.. ben managed to get low-hz banned from there as well. and ecoustics.. well, no one pretends that this is the pinnicle of car audio information:-) its understandable that you would flourish here

Bronze Member

Honolulu, HI USA

Post Number: 44
Well the subs came in at 6 this moring (early!!! i was on my way out the door for work) I wont be able to pick up the box until this weekend though.

Kevin,
Thanks for all your help in this matter! You know I dont have any problems with you. Id buy from you again, just as long as you have items on hand.

As for Steve, I called and got the machine. I emailed him and no reply, so Ill consider my dealings with RD done and let everyone take it for what it is and make their own conclusions. I just hope nothing goes wrong with the subs cause I dont feel Ill be able to get the warranty taken care of promptly.

Nino

Gold Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 2016
Visitor, I was not replying to you. You are not worth my finger movements.

No problem Nino. Did you get box done?

Kevin

Bronze Member

Honolulu, HI USA

Post Number: 45
we'll see. If I tell this dude I wanna go pick it up and its not ready, Im telling him he's sh1t outta luck and im building my own!

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6223
j/w nino but what kind of compensation did steve give you?

Bronze Member

Honolulu, HI USA

Post Number: 46
nothing. I called and got the machine. I emailed and havent received a reply yet. Honestly, I'm not expecting anything. I mean, I dont have money to spend on anything else, so giving me a discount on something isnt gonna really help ya know? Oh well, the subs are finally here. I hope they perform like I expect!

Gold Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 2018
Nino, Steve tried to call you back twice today and couldn't get ya. I know your on totally different time zones than we are, but he left you a message as well. He looked through caller ID and answering machine but no call or message from ya. He did get your email but went to bulk mail. I guess it goes to bulk when you email from the base, I got a few in bulk from you myself. Just a heads up for ya.

Kevin

Bronze Member

Honolulu, HI USA

Post Number: 48
Okay. Same happend with a couple of your emails. They went into my spam folder. I called from my work number because I work in a secure area and cell's arent allowed, so I keep it off and in my locker.

Maybe I called when someone else was because it rang once and went to VM. Im just anxious to get this d@mn box so I can hear the subs!

Bronze Member

Honolulu, HI USA

Post Number: 50
he was looking for my cell's area code, not my hawaii number

Gold Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 2019
Ah, probably. Well, hit me up when you get to the house or out of restricted area. I will see if he can get in touch with you after hours.

Kevin

Bronze Member

Honolulu, HI USA

Post Number: 51
Well, I spoke with Steve and we resolved what issues there were. I got his side of the story and he got mine, so Im not advising one way or the other, but as of now, Im being taken care of.

Kevin,
He said to give him a call when you get a chance.

Nino

Gold Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1646
Alright,

Brad Warren, I agree with much of what you had to say although some of it was a little harsh.
Also, RD will more than break the 150 mark though, they're pretty bad azz subs.

Kevin Holden, I agree with much of what you said as well, but, I don't know of anybody who did drop in testing and gain anything. In fact, a few of the WR holders in USACi are good friends of mine and they lost DB's when first dropped in, but after retuning they were able to do huge numbers.
RD subs aren't any better than DD. However, Steve is giving HUGE competitor discounts which is very attractive to those of us who've been spending thousands on DD where there are no discounts.

I appreciate the determination Steve has put forth in the competition scene to attract new blood.
His company seems very young, mishaps are bound to take place.
As for his aptitude or training?, well I'm sure he'd agree that there's plenty of knowledge out there he'd be willing to soak in. With an open mind and willingness to learn I'd bet he'll do well, as long as he understands the mishaps must stop.

Kevin, you and I got off on a bad note last year... I tried cleaning up the forum from spammers and you were one of the guys I got into it because of your pushing of product in general discussion sections.
But since then none of us were able to make that stick so I guess other than that I don't have any problems with you, or Steve, or RD.

I have respect for equipment my fellow competitors utilize to attain WR's, RD has be added to the long list :D

....btw guys, the sittin at fedex for 8days story sounds a little thin...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us