I would trust Mark Potts to build my box before...

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5528
this JD dude. Yeah, I got my box today and hey, surprise, its not what was described or what I ordered. Not to mention his packing job was literally pieces of cardboard taped together as if that was safe. Take a look at the pics...

This is the most pathetic attempt at shipping something safely that I have ever seen, but somehow JD thought throwing together some cardboard scraps and a few styrofoam peanuts would brace a 100+ pound box safely...

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Alright, here's the front. Complete without the full double baffle I ordered and assumed I was charged for!

Upload

Some good looking shipping damage on the front baffle.

Upload

Hey what do you know some more damage.

Upload

Hey this guy really has carpeting skills!

Upload

Here's the SWEET gray baffle that I wanted facing the cabin of my car! Wait...

Upload

Here's the terminal cup that JD thought would work so well smashed against the side of my car.

Upload

I mean seriously? Is this guy f*cking for real? I asked for my design in all tan OEM carpet, double baffled, and with terminal on the back... I got that...

Should I file a paypal dispute? This is not what I ordered. The design? Maybe. The looks and craftsmanship? No. Did he deliver the box in his 7-10 day "turn time?" No. I really don't know what to do. I'm livid.

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 900
thats shi t
file it

Gold Member

Post Number: 5530
Tell me about it, man. I called him and, shockingly, I got no answer.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 1987
Yea if thats not what you ordered then I would try and fix it. WTF kind of a shipping job is that. wow.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20499
that is terrible. sorry to hear that reece. file a claim.

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1740
What the heck? It looks like he spent time on some parts of that box.... then went re-tarded on others... including shipping preparation.

I would file.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5531
I'm calling Paypal right now. Its ridiculous this lousy SOB does this for a living and can't even get it right.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5999
that sucks. and now i'm kinda nervous, my box finally came today, but when i was heading out the door to work, didn't even have time to open the box. god, hope i'm not in the same boat as you.

file a claim, but at least email the guy first. you never know.

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20500
does this guy have a website or a forum he goes to alot?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5532
I've called him twice now. Once irate and the second time I just said I'm going to need you to call me back because I'm seriously considering filing a claim with Paypal. This is not what I ordered.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 7964
Do not wait Reece. File the claim now before it's too late.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 6323
Just wondering, how much did you pay for that box?

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 2082
OMFG LMFAO HAHAHA this sh!t sucks and i really feel bad for you son but i can't help to laugh at the terminals on the side when he knew it would smashed agains the wall LMFAO hahahaha thats why i always build my own like they say "want something done right, you gotta do it yourself" file a paypal claim ASAP bro

Gold Member
Username: Mike11202

DD9515G VFL 200.1 = : , Sewell, NJ US

Post Number: 1678
hmm thats weird the boxes he made me were great

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7431
Fisher and woodlawn FTW. Always go with the people with good rep.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2632
Thats crazy reece. It honestly looks like that was the 1st box hes ever made. I would def file a complaint with ppal.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6231
wow two different color carpets

goodluck

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3828
wow, You have some bad luck latly.
Good luck with that reece.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 3484
he musta known you were a d!ck

hahahahahahha

the cisco kid

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4415
http://www.myspace.com/spkrman

His basic boxes are good, but they are just that, BASIC. I had him make one for me so I can use it as a temp/foam former and it did its job until my 5200 blew it apart, a fitting end to a POS. BTW Fisher built my new box, can't wait to get it in... Polo.

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 818
dude, tile that claim right now. thats some BS reece. i feel sorry for ya, especially since i got Chads 0awg power cables n you didnt...

lol jk man but in all seriousness, file that damn claim

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3887
Man that sucks. Is it possible that someone ordered and backed out on a box with that same width and he just sent you that one? Just saying, cuz it doesn't look like he did even one other thing right by your specs.

But.... to cheer you up a bit Reece, the 5200 in a box of that size/design is going to be ridiculous. You are going to be blown away.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1293
do seriously think that dowel rod in the corner of the box (like 1" from the wall) is at all necessary?

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 16223
So what did you pay? I'm curious as well.

Unless you want to keep that to yourself.

The baffle looks, well, dumb.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6001
god, the mmore i look at this thread makes me scared to even look at my box when i get home. i better not open the box it came in to see something like that.

and reese, you should post these pics in his thread over on caraudioforum. that's where he hangs out at.

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 216
Wow Reese .... Be be pissed!

File A.s.a.p.!!

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4416
Hey Reece, curious why is that box so big? If indeed you plan on putting the 5200 in it you will not be able to fully power it due to the size of both the box and port, remember the BL on this sub is insane not to mention the spiders aren't forgiving at all. Polo..

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1477
damn dude that double baffle looks bootleg....file a claim on his azz.

"Fisher and woodlawn FTW. Always go with the people with good rep."

x2

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

New quote coming soon, North carolina

Post Number: 1066
Sorry to hear this Reece. I hope this stuff gets worked out.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9394
File it.

That sucks Reece. I would be irate as well man.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5534
its supposed to be a t-line.

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1144
that does blow man , i'd file it and have filed claims for alot less faults. i am lmao how even your dogs dumbfounded like wtf is that?

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3579
lol i could have built you that reece! LOL i love the front baffle. lol. looks cheesy. i dont know what id do if some dude sent me that box. just burn the box...do it a favor

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3580
loh btw that is the stupidest looking bracing ive ever seen. wtf? bracing 45 is a joke. doesnt nothing. bracing the bottom like that isnt realy effect either, and slows down the box.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2435
"bracing 45 is a joke."

Transmission line, dude.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.1DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 13617
dont want to say bad stuff but i cant understand whats that part double bafffle thing is about !? ...

Silver Member
Username: Mesodumm

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 465
Okay Who the H3ll is Mark Potts?? how does JD Dude come into this??? Yes your box looks messed up! file with paypal asap!!! Who is JD??

Gold Member

Post Number: 6325
Mark Potts was a guy selling boxes on all the forums. A few people jumped on his c()ck and said his boxes were the best ever.

He got a bunch of order at one time and couldn't make em all. Some people had to wait 3-5months to get boxes, some never did. He supposeably made good on all that but about 6-8months later the same thing happened. Some of his fan-boys still backed him until he dropped off the face of the earth (forums) and didn't respond to customers. Again, paid orders ended up taking 3-6months to fill.

Since then, I have yet to see him on the forums.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6326
Also...

HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY???

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2464
potts is the guy that ripped a bunch of people off.

JD is obviously just a really bad box builder/person.

Sorry reece. File a claim man. If you need someone to build you a box, I can. Hopefully sh!t gets straight man

Gold Member

Post Number: 5535
i filed a claim and i don't really wanna share how much i paid, but it was reasonable and the cheapest i found.

Silver Member
Username: Bjfish11

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 415
I find this very surprising. I have known JD for a little while, and have talked to him over different things. All the work I have seen from him was very nice, and have never ready anything negative about him...

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3582
maybe reece got the wrong jd???
or j.d. drinking j.d???

oh and still what would bracing 45s help? i think he put that piece to let the glue dry and just didnt take it out...

Silver Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 416
Those arent braces for the 45's. JD uses very extensive bracing all throughout his enclosures. Those braces you are talking about are actually bracing the side panel, to help from potential flex. They just happen to tie into the 45's.

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 853
i have talked to him and seen his work he seems like a great guy and knows what he is doin. btw bj i did the contact you on your page for a quote is it easier to email ya?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5536
"Reece
I am sorry it did not come out right, the chamber and tuning is on the money, but I thought I would do a little twist to the baffle board and make it look different, you are right, I should have checked with you first. For the most part, clients like what I do, but I think on this build I really messed up. I will get you the refund with my deepest apologies for not doing the build to the standard that I am known for doing. Not withstanding any excuses, I have had a bit of a rough few weeks with injury and an imediate family issue which knocked me off my A game, and all I can say is please except my apologies, I just do not know what I was thinking. My clients are so important to me and I would never intentionally do something to upset anyone. I will get the funds transferred to refund you and if you would, would you allow me to send you another enclosure, of course at no charge, to show you that I can follow your needs, that I do do good work, and this will be my way to say I am sorry for making such a rookie blunder. The Lord teaches us to honor our mistakes and to make good on our promises, I let you down, I will make it right ten fold!
I hope you except my apologies and allow me to make it right.
Humbly, JD"

I received that e-mail this morning and I feel worlds better about this. I don't know about his personal issue and, obviously, I don't think he should have let it hinder his job, but the guy has always been nice and minus being sketchy to get ahold of I haven't had that much of a problem with him. I respect him for coming outright instead of being an azzhole about the claim and I really appreciate a free box. I will definitely make sure everyone sees his new box and hopefully this was just a hiccup.

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20511
at least pay him a little for the new box. after all he is letting you keep the current box, refunding you the money, and building you a new box. i know he made a mistake but you're a nice guy reece and you should at least compensate him if he builds you a new box.

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 854
im happy to here that that is above and beyond

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6234
good to hear. ctmike hows your box?

but like chad said it only seems right to pay him

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 1998
Thats nice of him to build a box at no charge. Everyone screws up I guess. Good thing he came thru.

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Mid town, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 865
sooo...what are you gonna do with the old box? :-)

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4327
I would say wait till the new box comes check it out then def i would pay him he still made you a box so i would pay him regardless. remember it is still costing him something to make/ ship

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1478
glad it worked out good for u bro.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5537
I know this, but I will definitely not pay him until I see the results of this next box. I don't know what I'm going to do with this other box. I doubt anyone else could use it, and I'm certainly not using it. But what would JD do with the other box anyways? Its 49" wide so it wouldn't fit many applications.

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20514
of course you wouldn't. i wouldn't either. still a chance he might not even build you a new box. he might just refund you the money and say forget it. if he does build you a new one and ship it, then he has proven he is a classy guy and you would reward him by compensating him. that is if the box came out like you wanted.

Silver Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 417
I knew JD would take care of you... ;)

P. Rick, the quote through my site hasnt been working correctly, and I havent gotten it fixed yet, so if you would, send me an email.

Thanks,

B.J.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5538
Of course, Chadly. As long as he transfers the money back all is good.

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1628
Just stumbled on this and glad it turned out for the best Reese.

Fisher did my box and it's fantastic, going to wire up the subs tomorrow! Just have to drill some holes for my bolt terminals as the ones that came are to small for what I need..lol

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1741
Wow very generous of him. Thats alot of apology.

Great respect for that type of Customer service... Refund + new box free of charge!?

Straight up classy guy. Glad its worked out.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5542
Yeah, I think he is going above and beyond as well. I really appreciate it, though.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2636
Personally Reece i would just get my money and run. Why even deal with this guy again?

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 457
^^ agreed. Don't waste his time.

Silver Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 418
Why would you take your money and run? Its a free enclosure....

The worst thing that could happen is he gets another crappy box. He wont be out anymore money.

However, I have seen a lot of JD's work. I guarantee you wont be disappointed.

...This coming from a competitor of JD's

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20519
bj is always a classy guy. mad props man.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2637
BJ, the box above is my only reference to his work and haveing a rough idea to what Reece paid its a complete joke. It really wouldnt be worth the waiting time to get another crappy box, unless Reece really feels the next one will be a night and day difference.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 5800
karmas a b!tch...try being nicer brASSler

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4420
^^^^^^

Coming from a non-5200 owner..

BTW- Driving, don't make me bust out the pics of your pieced together boxes! :-O Polo..

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6002
finally got around to checking my box, and from a quick inspection it's really nice. i'll do a little more review of my own experience possibly, but so far i'm happy. pics maybe to.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5544
karma's a b1tch? i'm getting 300 dollars back and a free box. how you just try not being a tool, dave, maybe, just maybe, someone will like you. :-)

as for taking my money and running, that would be dumb. i trust that JD will put conscious time and effort into this other box because he knows that i will make sure people don't think he's garbage at building. i have seen other people with his boxes that look and perform great, we'll see. if the next box doesn't work out then be ready for an e-mail BJ.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 5802
^^^ do it !!! like i care..

Gold Member

Post Number: 5549
gtfo then. :-)

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2439
Man, I'm glad for ya. Hopefully he pulls through. I can't wait for a review.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us