Jensen VM9311

Username: Evol

Post Number: 1
Ok so I just purchased this stereo yesterday.
Works fine, sounds great
but I cant play DVD's while driving.
I tried just grounding the wire to metal, Nothing.
I tried grounding it with the stereo ground. Nada
( Has Pink Wire )

I dont want to do the whole Parking Brake method so I was thinking of trying the Toggle Switch method later when I get a chance.

My question is,
How to hook up the Toggle Switch and does it work?
dont really wana waste my time.
Im talking about the VM9311 model, not sure if the 9411 & 9511tm require a toggle switch too.
Any help would be appreciated

Post Number: 2
I forgot to add another question to my previous post..

I found the E-brake wire.......
Can I tie the pink wire into the E-brake wire
pull up the hand brake one click and have it work.
or would I have to pull it up and down several times, then just leave it up ?

Bronze Member
Username: Jayce2000

Post Number: 17
There is a sequence actually for all of the 06 Jensen radios..I found a link on EBAY that has a NO PARTS needed fix for like 20 bux and it worked perfectly...

Username: Mattyb777

Post Number: 8
Why dont you tell everyone the "no part needed fix" that worked perfectly and save them $20?

Post Number: 5
Ok so I finally got it working people.
I am using the Toggle Switch method.
I didnt have to go on Ebay for anything
I only spent like 9 bucks at my local auto parts store for the few things I needed. ( toggle switch/wire )

If anyone needs any help let me know, I know how frustrating it can be.

Username: Sandykv

I was told by someone who had installed a Jensen 9311 that there is a code you can enter into your remote that will let you bypass the emergency brake grounding, he said he did not remember the code but had gotten it off the internet. Does anyone know what this is?

Username: Atl_galant

ATL HOE!, GA US

Jay Rock -

Could you tell me how you wired it up? Did you ground it to a ground in the car or just to the wireing?

Thanks...

Username: Robalan10

Post Number: 3
Hey Jay Rock,

You should try the toggle switch I just installed mine yesterday and it looks fantastic I love this stereo and it's very easy to install just make sure to ground it to a metal.

good luck!!

Username: Cjkeeme

I have the 9311TS. How is this different the the 9311? The toggle switch is not working for me.

I have wired the toggle to a ground and to the pink wire from the deck. What am I doing wrong?

Username: Robalan10

Post Number: 6
C.J. Keeme

the toggle switch works with my estereo just make sure that you're groundind it well to a metal piece in your car and the pink wire to the other end of the toggle switch once you got it connected turn on the switch for two seconds then turn it off for another two seconds and finally turn it back on that should works

good luck.

Post Number: 3
I got it to work and all pretty good. I don't really mind having to flip the switch all the time, but I saw an ebay auction that talks of some factory code to bypass this. Does anyone know of this and is it permanent?

If this is real it would be great, but it really seems like someone trying to rip people off.

Here is the link to the ebay auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/JENSEN-PARKING-BRAKE-BYPASS-VM9311-9411-9511TS-9021TS_W0QQit emZ120040621900QQihZ002QQcategoryZ32825QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Username: Beaugm

The Ebay auction is legit. I broke down and paid the $20. It worked flawlessly and cheaper than the relay module that must be wired in also selling on eBay. If you are interested in absorbing a SMALL amount of my expense, I would be happy to share the procedure. Are there 3 people willing to Paypal $5.00 each?

beaugm@sccoast.net

Bronze Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

Post Number: 30
can anyone tell me on the jensen 9311TS can you hook up your car audio system to it and can you hook up an xbox and how?

Post Number: 4
I'm willing to Paypal $5 for the info.

Username: Jacksap83

I will sell the factory code for the Jensen Brake Override for $10.00 just paypal jacksap83@verizon.net or email me. I will then send the code through to your email address just please provide it so i can send asap. It beats hookin up a switch and you only have to enter it in once. Thank You everyone.

Username: Jacksap83

Yes u can hook up an xbox or ps2 and yes and you hook up a sub. It has all the Inputs and Outputs to do so. If you understand RCA wires then you can hook it up easily. If you want to hook up a game system you have to buy a power converter so your game system can turn on.

Username: Psychedelic_feta

Post Number: 4
DO NOT PAY FOR ANYTHING AT ALL!

Don't buy a toggle switch
Don't buy a pulse box
Don't ground anything

Just look up the !!!FREE!!!! factory code for Jensen '06 Units which I have posted thorughout this site.

Username: Jaithecutie

Eglin AFB, FL USA

Thanks Psychedelic for providing the code for FREE. I used your info while browsing the forums before I even saw the ebay link, which is totally a rip-off.

Username: Lajoe

LAKE ELSINORE, CALIFORNIA USA

This will work with out haveing to do anything to the pink wire just tape it and leave it alone. But the next time you unhook ur battery cable you will have to put the code in again.
Put in DVD
right when the blue screen comes up
hit STOP twice
punch in 1,2,6, and 4
hit DOWN 1 time not 2
hit PLAY/ENTER
**at this point the display became visible and i could now see the menu which made it much easier.
hit DOWN one more time to change macrovision
hit PLAY/ENTER
hit SYS SETUP twice to save and exit menu
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us