Shocker neo-sig, Atomic APXX

Bronze Member
Username: Sofakingcool2007

Post Number: 64
I hear a lot about these subwoofers called the shocker neo-sig and how it destroys its competition. I also heard that the atomic APX is better then the neo-sig. does anyone know about the atomic APXX? and how do they compare to the APX and neo-sig? this ones all you lilrob lol.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1353
hahah ok first the neo sig and atomic are the same sh1t, with same motor, and because the dude that makes the atomics apocalypsis wanted to beat the neo sig so he made apocalypsis x thats the apx and its proven in competition that the apx can outperfomr the neo sig,

the 12 inch model can take 25k at burps
15 28k
18 30 k

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1283
someone around here should be getting a couple APXXs soon...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
im gettin an APXX18 as long as its more practical than an APX18 ..again lilrob, which ones better? the APX or APXX?

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1355
the apx can have better sq but the apxx is one of the most efficient woofers on the market today thats why they use it on competitions but dude are u sure u can get them???

u have to be on competitions or have good money to get them?

i got a single 15 apxx its beffy as hell great woofer but i dont have the amp so its in the garage its rated at 2500 rms but can easily take 10k rms and give you easily 150 db in a right install the woofer alone, the thing i only have 2000rms available so i can play with that and i dont have a box rigth now

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
Jake do you mean around here as in around these forums or around stl (I also live in stl) because if so I have to hear them :-)
and BUMP! lol
which one APX or APXX? which is better louder more practical?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
well I have a grand and I got quoted the APXX18 is only $500. no I am not into competitions, I just like being louder than anyone else. period.. I have a 2850wrms amplifier.

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1357
like i said the regular apocalypsys is just like the neo sig but the apolaypsisxx can outperfomr the neo sig

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
what kind of a box would be good for it.. I am leaning toward building a box 35w 22h 20d and tuning it to 40hz

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1358
yes the apxx 18 is 400 yup the 15 are 360 if u got that amp get the regular apx not the apxx the apxx will need more power around6k to 10k rms

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1359
na because the apxx gets really loud its gonna be hard for daily driver its gonna get anoyin so tune it around 35hz to get good sq while gettin real loud

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
lol in my car which is a Jaguar.. there is no such thing as annoying or too loud.. my trunk is sealed off with steel panels on both sides of the gas tank which is inconviently located between my trunk and cabin (rear seats)so in short I lose like 10 dB (maybe not that much) but I guess from the looks of things I will go with 1 18" APX and tune it to 35hz

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1284
someone on the forum. i dont know of anyone in STL with an APX, APXX, or neo-sig.

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1360
the apx are hard to find i think there like 2 dealers in usa plus u can not buy from factory direct, some dude makes them a chinesse or japanesse dude

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2150
try a dd 99z

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 1135
do these have an SQ what so ever?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
from what I hear, they are deep have good SQ and are very loud! and charlie.. I have lookied into it and I am pretty sure the dd doesnt stand a chance.. I was thinking about dd at one point

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1361
the atomics apx or apxx have no competition, no dd can match the output of the apxx, the dd's can outperfomr the apx or apxx in sq only

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 1141
so they dont have SQ? how come you think you know everything about these subs?? do you work for them??

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1362
thea tomics have ok soundquility on the apxx on the apx is more than a regular single daily driver woofer, i didnt say that the atomics had no sq i just said that the dd can win in sq only

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2005
first off the neo-sig is not a daily driver sub it sounds like sh1t, its spl only, the dd 99z is pretty much the same spl wise as the neo-sig, just have fun finding one. i don't know much about atomic, but theres a vid on roe of a guy hooking one up to 220volt outlet and the atomic subs takes it like a champ so im pretty sure there badass subs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
go here
http://realmofexcursion.com/videos/Atomic/apocalypsex18.1.wmv
haha I love these Apocalypse X subwoofers

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1367
i know if u got atomics your not a regular guy with shitty subs, yeah the atomicsx or the apxx can take the a wall outlet like a piece of cake, i plug it on the wall outlet for 2.5 minutes and it didnt harm the speaker

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
thats the point. I wanna have a subwoofer that no one has ever seen or heard of before and wont believe there eyes/ears.. I know a few guys who have systems so loud you cant breathe and I'm hoping this APX will do the same :-) I'm sick of dealing with Type R Rockford T1 and JL

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1368
i bet u can do the trick with a single apxx but i suggest the apx because u have around 3k rms, make a good ported box just like the blazer or jimmy

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2151
i bet all of you guys except dustin have ever even heard of a 99z i bet u all think im talking bout the 9900 but guess what im not its dd's completley insane sub that will take whatever you throw at it only prob as dustin said near impossible to find just like the neo-sig and even when you find one it gonna cost you about 5 g's or more

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8537
recently heard a single APX 12" in a slot ported box - sounded damn good

same day also heard a 15" E.L.E - really nice ! .....

http://www.atomicspeakers.com/

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2012
the dd 99z is one beast of a sub, it WILL hang with any sub ever made spl wise, go to j/designs forum and look at muddys pic under his name thats a 99z, its fuckiin huge, but you'll probally never find one and if you do have fun paying for it.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8106
i will just order 1,, if i want 1

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2154
lol if you call up dd i am pretty sure they will mnake you one for like 5 or 6 or you could just look around for someone that has 1 and then offer a ton for it lol but ya it is a beast of a sub i just love the way it looks i mean the motor and everything

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3952
N00bs and gentlemen....i present to you....a 10" DD 99z.:-):-):-)

Upload

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8540
Sweet pic !

do show some more pix of their 12 / 15 / 17" sizes ...

Gold Member

Post Number: 3960
haha i save the other pics for my own personal pleasure. HAHAHAHA

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2155
thats cause thats just about all you got stealing form the dd forum lol jk i know what you got

Gold Member

Post Number: 3965
:-O

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3484
"the atomics apx or apxx have no competition, no dd can match the output of the apxx, the dd's can outperfomr the apx or apxx in sq only"
Lilirob

I have to agree with him on this thread... lol
cause im gettin 2 XXs and CXTs just to play with... but im runing the APXXs for daily 2500 @ .7rms PER coil daily.... 18s... should be here next week... :-O
also the APXXs and X have nice SQ... the 18s have a lower fs than the 15s....
ohh a APXXX is coming soon...

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 2635
wow. people spend so much money on set-ups :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 4021
what happened to the Treo's B?????????????

you sold us out?????:-)

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8571
i'm wit Muddy ^^^ - wtf !

i too thought it was treo 4 life -lol

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1395
hey b u got the apxx???? i got the regular apx not the apocalypsis the apocalypsis x, yeah the treos cannot compare to the atomics, not even dd expect for the 99z i dont know about that , and yeah the apxxx its commin, its gonna cost around 800 and i can pretty much sure that it will outperfomr the 99z, and im gettin 4 apxx 15inch and 4 5000.1 atomics amps, yes 4 atomic 5000.1 cuz im startin a team so we are chippin in for the set up, the new 5000.1 are for the new apxxx, they are rated at 5000 watts at 1 ohm rms, they are .5 ohm stable too and im gonna run each apxx to .5ohm to each amp , plus the dude that makes them told me that the 5000.1 its very underated and probably its gonna do around 5500 rms at 1 ohm plus alot more at .5 ohm at burps

Silver Member
Username: Swisher

Marianna, FL

Post Number: 219
lilrob-the apx are hard to find i think there like 2 dealers in usa plus u can not buy from factory direct, some dude makes them a chinesse or japanesse dude

you can email a guy from the site and if there is not a dealer in the area you CAN buy factory direct because i am going to...

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1396
yes u right jb guess wat im doin that too and i said it before in an other treadt "if u need atomic speakers you have to email the dude that makes the", im gettin sponsored

Silver Member
Username: Swisher

Marianna, FL

Post Number: 220
im going to get the apx10 for a club cab truck you heard much about their 10s?

Silver Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 266
What happens if u get sponsered?

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3488
umm... were gonna be a atomic dealer... :-) so yeah, I know everything about the APXs...

Muddy TREO 4 LIFE is STILL alive... Im geting 2 CXT 18s also man.... dont forget... :-O
but yeah, the XX has a EVEN lower fs than the SSX.... and guess what manufaturer had FINALS on lock!! ?????? yep.. ATOMIC
2 18s with 4 2500ds = KILLER daily.... :-):-O

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8579
Atomic subs may be new news 2 ppl reading this thread but in my lil country we have a dealer here & its yrs now that ppl has been using these subs on a daily basis....

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1397
dude my apx its like 3 years ol man, nad its in my garage waitin for a powerful 5k rms amp and and a bigass box tuned to 45hz around my peak frequenzy

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 864
can i get a link to see the apx

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 865
nvm i found it

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 457
Chauncy, No, you wont just go out and buy one.
Those motors were a limited production and they dont have anymore left nor will DD be producing them any longer, they are not available.

However, he is working on a new and larger, yes larger, Z neo motor that should become available before finals if all goes well.

I for one have a standing order promising me 4 of these boys when they make it off the line.

Can't wait. And yes the price is steep but not quite 5 grand each, thier a bit cheaper than that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4040
i know we have argued this way and that.....but PLEEEEEAAAAAAASSSEEEE post pics of those when you ge them.:-O:-):-O:-):-O:-):-O:-):-O:-):-O:-):-O:-):-O:-):-O:-):-O:-):-O:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us