What AMP goes good with two Alpine Type R subs?

I have two Alpine Type R subwoofers and was wondering what is a good amp to make those baby's thump, nomatter what kind of music I am listening to (rock,rap,etc.) Let me know. and how much the amp costs. Thanks-

Hit me Back -1505-

Oh man, the boss rip 955 is good, even if their not bridged they are still getting 260w(rms) and it makes them thump man. its the 2000w model. you can get it at millionbuy.com for 188.00 dollars but the retail is 325.00 so thats a deal

yo ber you should get the american leagucy 800-899...those amps will power anythin..if you get anythin higher those anmps relly aernt givin you much more...peace

joshua vanseters
no way bert

you should either get a alpine mono class d amp like a mrd m300 one going to each to run themperfectly to the secifications.. or get a planet audio ps600s.. running them at 300 a piece.. it may not be mono d class but it will get the job done well.

Get an MTX 6500D if your type R's are single voice coil. If they're dual 4's then you'll need a 2 channel or 1 ohm stable mono amp to run them both in parallel. If they're dual 2's then you need 2 amps to get them both in parallel. A mono block amp will get you twice as far as a 2 channel. If you go with two amps, the MRD M300 is a great Amp and supposedly taylored for alpine subs, but its not as powerful as it should be. The MTX 6500D will do more than both of them together, but neither of these amps are 1 ohm stable.

Lazy E
Alpines got a new 1000w mono block it should run them pretty good or an alpine MRD-500 for each would work too.

i have 3 alpine type r 12s and my keenwood 1000w just caves your chest in thats all i got to say

do u guys know if the MRV-T757 2/1 channel is good for 2 type-r subs DVC 2+2 ohms?

DB
i have 2 typer 12s what kinda box is better band pass or none band pass i have 1000 wattt kenwood amp

i just bought 3 type r 12" 4 ohm subs and want to spend around 400 to 500 on an amp that will power all 3, what should i go with?

Anonymous
what about if i just have one Type R SWR-1241D subwoofer, not two?

what amp would be best for that?

installer
If you really want to pound a pair of alpine's get your self a good Kicker Amp! That cheap $#@* people are saying you should get thats just what it is. you get what you pay for in an amp. Shur that legacy amp will play them okay for a little bit but if you want something thats going to hit with force and acuracy I have yet to see an amp in the same price range that sounds as good as a Kicker. I have been installing stereo equipment for 12 years trust me I have heard just about every thing out there. If your amp is installed buy a licensed dealer you even get a 3 year warrnaty what more could you ask for.

is it better to get 1 good amps and 1 good sub or get 2 subs and a ordenary amp?

Anonymous
got a pair of alpine type r 12"ers (2 ohm + 2ohm), and with an alpine mrd-m1000. haven't made the enclosure yet. was wondering which box would be the most ideal....a ported enclosure or a sealed one with two seperate compartments?...

i have two bazooka rsw1224 subs and i was wondering how much power rms and max i should be running two them. each sub has two 4 ohm voice coils.

Hey all! I have a slight problem!!! I need to know how to fix my Type "R" subs! Blown! A guy at the repair shop told me to look and see if I can get a " cone kit ".

I just bought 2 type r 10's dual 2ohm and i have a kicker 550.3.......do you guys think that i am underpowering them.....the type r's are rate 100-300 rms and i figure i will be giving them 200 rms a peice......any feed back would be great....thanks......and Aaron i think if you can spend the money that mrv 1000 would be sweet........but i know i cant afford it......thanks

Anonymous said "was wondering which box would be the most ideal....a ported enclosure or a sealed one with two seperate compartments?..."

I like sealed boxes my self.....the reason is that they are universal to different types of music......for examplp you can listen to rap and rock and dance..ect....and as for the seperate compartments i would say that is the best way.....that way the subs don't fight each other....i have heard of this happening with different legnths of wire or running in stereo insted of mono.......as for bandpass boxes they are loud verry loud......i think they are sloppy when it comes to rock....but they are the best for hip hop....and more bass driven music.....also its harder to tell if you are running your subs to hard because you wont get any spiking sounds or anything......but i.m blabering....sorry

Anonymous
thanks INCUBUS for the inputs....guess will go for the sealed enclosure with seperate chambers. Got to be sure before I have one made,....though got the same feedbacks from others. According to most including yourself, this is the most flexible one in terms of listening preferences.... just wanted to get that-one-last final opinion. Just for the sake of saying, i listen quite a lot to live recordings, ;like blues and jazz......thanks!!

can't wait to start building the box...sure hope it would sound the way i expect it to...specially with that M1000...

Drew
i have to type r 12" 1241D which is 4 ohm + 4 ohm so when looking for a mono amp should I look at the 600Wx1 @4 ohm or the 1200Wx1 @2 ohm. im looking at the jbl bp1200.1 let me know if that would work well

To ALL:

I have (2) Alpine Type R 12's for sale (1241D), they were installed and used for 4 months only, I want 110 each, they are in great shape. I also have (2) MRD-M500 Class D amps for sale as well, only 4 months old too. I want 275 each for those. I am an Alpine employee so don't worry about legitimacy here. I have a baby on the way and I have to unload my system! Email for pictures or with any questions. I can accept Paypal or we can do a private eBay auction if you feel safer. Hope to hear from you. Thanks, Brian bmmitche5@hotmail.com cell: 248-390-6114

Anonymous
Hey guys i am buying 2 type r's and a Hifonics BX1500D amp for the both of them. I can run them in 4 ohm mode and what kind of sound am i gonna get compared to systems you hear around town?
--First Gear

fish
the type R's are sick man there really awsome dunno why ur spending the money on the subs ... but then buying a hifonics amp who made that decision...lol u should stick with alpine , u really cant find a better car audio company ... that amp u have (or are getting) is good too but its a mono amp and u have 2 sub woofers ... u do the math, even tho u can bridge them at 2ohms to suposedly get "more" rms... its all bull tho cuz im assuming ur car only has one battery which only puts out 12V so companies can rate amps at 4,000w peak or even 1,500 watts peak all they want, u wont get it with a 12V battery. i have an all alpine system if thats any consolation for u, with the exception of a kenwood amp, i had an alpine but i got the kenwood from a friend anyway im not discouraging u from trying other compaines but its just a hell of alot cooler to say "yea, its ALL alpine"

fish
brian .... www.epinions.com/elec-Car_Stereo anyone dumb enough to buy those at 110 used for 4 months should see that u can get them online brand new for $109

fish
oh yea i even got an alpine logo sticker for my car at edecals.com for like 10 bucks its really kool i put it on the back window

teflondog
hey fish, i don't know what you're talking about but:
1.a mono amp could be hooked up to two subs with no problem. a mono amp is actually better than a two channel amp in most applications.
2.another thing, why is wiring speakers to 2 ohms bull? first of all, it's called parallel wiring, not bridging. get the terminology right. and you do get more power with 2 ohms as opposed to 4 ohms not because you're increasing the power, but because you are reducing the resistance of the speaker.
3.everybody already knows peak power is fake. rms is the true value. this is common knowledge.
I CAN TELL YOU'RE NOT A CAR AUDIO EXPERT AND YOU STILL HAVE A LOT TO LEARN.

Anonymous
Hey teflondog--so is the bx1500d a decent amp for those subs, are they really gonna hit, and when i get them could you possibly send me a diagram on how to hook them up if i cant figure it out myself? thanks a lot man, peace.
-First Gear

fish
very true dog, yea i never said u cant use a mono amp tho ...yea with the alpines he can wire them PARALELL (my bad man i couldent remember what it was called when i was typing the post...)once again i never said peak was the true value, so dont come on this disscussion telling me sumthing i already know ... that im not a car audio expert maybe u are but im not but i know enough and i was just providing a different opinion to hook up his system... now maybe u can get back to the task at hand here and tell him the best way ...like i tryed to before u came on and told me 3 things i already knew... by the way what do u mean reducing the resistance of the speaker? TRUCE

teflondog
ohms refers to the speaker resistance. the reason an amp will put out less power @ 4 ohms than at 2 ohms is because the 4 ohm speaker has more resistance and does not let as much current to pass. by reducing the ohms, you reduce the resistance to the power and that is why the amp is allowed to pump more watts. i didn't mean to offend you fish, i was just stating my thoughts. i respect your opinion and i'm sure everybody appreciates any help they can get.

teflondog
hey anonymous, that bx1500d amp will push those speakers well if you get type r's. make sure to get dual 4 ohm subs. wire each sub in series and then parallel to each other. this will reduce the load to 2 ohms. this is an almost perfect setup. i say "almost" because there is no such thing as a perfect sound system.

Mike
Hey guys, i really appreciate the way u helped me out wit all of this, and i am sure i can figure it out from here, so i couldnt have done it without u guys, cuz i am only 17 and i didnt completely understand how exactly "ohms" worked and what they did, so when i ordered the type r's last night i got 4+4 ohm just because i knew that they were the most common, and i usually cant go wrong when doing that. So when i get these hooked up (prob like a week or so cuz i still gotta get 50 more bucks for the amp, and then order it)I will be sure to holla at u guys and let you know how it sounds, thanks a million guys!! peace
--First Gear

Mike
Oh yea and guys guess what their goin in to, a 1988 honda accord HAHA yea this thing will prob fall apart from so much bass huh? Just figured you guys could use the laugh, peace.
--First Gear

fish
hey teflon, i have a that kenwood KAC-7285 amp and its sweet and right now (1)its on two channel i think around 2x100rms at 4 ohm ...its a little weak for the alpine type-s's that i have...i tryed it a different way and (2)paralelled it switched it to mono and it sounds pretty good, im gonna look for a (3)bridging diagram online but which will sound best option 1. 2. or 3.? tell me how to bridge it too.. i installed two sound systems the second being my car which turned out killer. my friends are getting it done by like circuit city ... but im a do it yourselfer plus its more rewarding installing it yourself ...i have:
-alpine head unit 50x4watts prolly like 24rms
-4xalpine 5x7's about 50 watts rms
-kenwood 2ch/mono amp and 2 12" alpine subs
-home made(took me 3 days) sub box specified to the alpines
its good enough for the time being, it cost me enough...tho

fish
u have to take into concideration the amps that your alternator can produce too thats what i meant by like having an amp but not being able to power it if the lights in your car dim to the music that's a pretty good sign that, that is the case...a capasitator will fix the problem most of the time... look on ur alternator and it will say maybe like 90amps etc. take 40% of that and what u have left is amps that u can use to power an amp IM OUT

fish
never mind i got confused on that upper post paralell wiring is the only way i can get more power... forget i said anything

Mike
**What u guys mean it will be a 2 OHM load? I bought the dual 4-OHM voice coil type r's, and if i wire them like this, is this what ur talkin about?

I take the POS of the amp 1 POS of each sub. Then the NEG of the amp to 1 NEG of each sub. Then on each sub, i take the NEG to the corresponding POS?? Like on http://www.precisionautosound.net/subwooferwiring.html Is that how i would do it?
And one last question....what if i were to hook them up strictly PARALLEL? The amp can handle it but can the subs? What is gonna be my best bet?? Thanks Guys
--First Gear

Anonymous
WATTS = AMPS x VOLTS volts(car battery(12V))
amps(alternator... to find your car's alternator amps, use car's manual)

Mike
Related Threads:

Mike, an 'ohm' is a measure of resistance...like a joule is a measure of work. Wiring loads (like speakers in this case) in series makes the electrons flow through one coil and then through the other...this means more resistance. Wiring loads in parallel allows the electrons to flow through two paths at once which lowers resistance.

Each of your subs (dual 4-ohm) are capable of being wired to be a single 2-ohm load OR a single 8-ohm load OR they can be run like they are as two separate 4-ohm loads per speaker.

To make each sub a 2-ohm load, take each sub and wire the positives together (use two jumper wires to connect the voice coils on each sub) and the negatives together...then hook your amp up to either side as usual. This is parallel wiring.

To make each sub a 4-ohm load, run a wire between the positive and negative posts (use one jumper wire to connect the voice coils on each sub) then hook your amp up to the remaining two posts (the two with no connections.) This is series wiring. Get a mental picture of it and it will make sense.

Now you have to figure out what your amp wants to see as it's load. Typically, 2-channel sub amps love to have a mono 4-ohm load. You would get this by wiring each of your subs to be a 2-ohm load... then wire the two subs together in parallel which would give a 4-ohm load at the amp. You could also run the amp in 2-ohm stereo and get about the same power for about the same THD.

Let me know via email when you know which amp you want and I'll draw it up for you. It's really not that hard once you get the concept in your head. Peace~

James
EY guys, i have a few questions so please help me out.

1.) I just want 1 12" alpine type Rs, what amp should i get?

2.) How much would the amp and the sub be with instllation?

THX

WReckless Dryva
Here's what I say whoever has 2 Alpine Type R 2 ohm 12's.... They are rated around 300w RMS and 1kw max.....so get the new Alpine MRD-M1000, this is a badass amp, it is rated at 1800x1 max and around 800w RMS i believe, this amp is designed perfect for two Type R 12"s, it's RMS split between 2 subs is right around the optimum RMS of the subs, if you got that amp with those subs in a vented closure to alpine specs (1.75 cu ft w/ a 28.8"x12"x1.5" vent starting from the center of the box) your system will POUND! right now my friend has a 1000w Kenwood AMP running his 12" Type R's in a bandpass box...BANDPASS BOXES ARE SH*TTY!!!! definatly not meant for type R's...IF YOU WANT SQ go with a sealed box IF YOU WANT SPL go with the vented enclosure

James
HOW MUCH WILL EVERYTHING COST ME THEN? ENCLUDING THE 2 TYPE R'S, THE AMP, AND THE BOX?

Alpine CDA-7894
is it good to put two amps in a car, i mean is is hazordous for a cars electrical system???
my point is does it harm it in any way ???

'Cause i have a alpine Flex 5 (5 channels)thats powering mi front pioneer 180w 6'' speakers, back pioneer 6x9 250w and in the trunk mi 12'' pioneer 450 Subwoofer

HELP ME !!!

you get the best bass from alpine subs with seperated sealled enclosures and a amp that matches the rms and peak power.mono amps are best but costy.I recommend a bridgeble 4 channel amp with bass boost and low filter,a bridged 4 channel amp will produce more bass than a non- brigeable 2 channel.

Anonymous
I have two type r 12s and I was wondering would the 900 watt rockford fosgate be a good choice

hey, the best amp to get for these subs is the JBL BP600.1 which is a sub mono amp , when brought to a 2 ohm load it will deliver 600 watts rms(true power) and you can put 300 wrms on each sub making it a perfect match. the retail on this puppy is $400 but if you go to etronics.com it is $209.99 which is an awesome deal. now if you want an even better amp and higher quality with a bigger pocket book, take a look at the new JBL/CROWN series amps. i would go with the JBL PX600.2 which will put out
300W x 2 in a two ohm load. or you can run them 4 ohms bridged @ 600w x 1. this would be better if you didn't have DVC. this puppy retails at $474.95 but is well worth it. i would put the other to shame. i haven't found it at a much cheapier price but give it time they will come down.

T
Dude dont listen to all these morons talking about JBL 600 or lol legacy and boss. Thats all crap they might as well be made of paper. One guy was almost smart sais use MTX 6500D good amp not enough power. Your subs can handle 1000 watts each each. I have the big daddy of the 6500D I have the MTX 81000D its a monster puts out alot of power rated at 1200watts. Iam selling this guy brand new they are 600 bucks I need money selling my car and moving. Email me tikolx333@yahoo.com. I want to get at least 260 bucks for it thats very very cheap for this awsome amp at 2 ohm it out performes the JL 1000/1. Email me we can make this work you will get the perfect amp for those subs. Dont ever get legacy boss pyle that all crap no joke i mean its junk might as well get some bazooka subs if you are going to get legacy or boss cause you will get no bass from that shizt. Email me tikolx333@yahoo.com

Username: Tikolx333

Post Number: 1
I have the perfect amp for you. MTX 81000D this is MTX's monster amp will power your w7 easy the thing is rated at around 1225watts. I will make you hella of a deal I payed 600 bucks for it 2 mounths ago I can part with it for around 300 shipped I also will inclued all the wiring you need. Email me tikolx333@yahoo.com

Username: Peteyplaya04

Post Number: 2
i got a kenwood 1000 watt mono amp! i'm getting a 10 alpine type r. is that a good combo? my buddy got 1 12" alpine type R hooked up to a 800 watt kenwwod amp, and it can be heard a couple blocks away! any input would be great

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 260
Kenwoood amplifiers aren't that good.
stick with a real amplifier company.
kenwood has serious reliability issues, and their speakers and amps are poor performers.

Username: Motoman22

Post Number: 13
Petey, if you already have the amp and it works then it will absolutely slam a single 10" type R. It's probably too much power so be gentle on the adjustments. I strongly suggest that you get more than just one 10" sub...you've got the power to back it.

Honestly though, Kenwood has tossed quality out the window over the last few years. Their older stuff is mucho better than the new stuff but that doesn't mean that you should not use what you have. When (not if) it breaks then consider another brand like Alpine or even MTX. Until then, just be careful with the tuning, it may last a long time.

Username: Peteyplaya04

Post Number: 3
ya i have heard some bad stuff about kenwood, but that all went out the door after i heard my friends system! i am going to look into an alpine amp... i havn't heard anything bad about them! thanks for the input mike!

makipsee
Unregistered guest
Hi everyone im looking for an alpine mrd-m1000 for sale for under 400. If anyone is selling one please email me at makipsee@aol.com

Unregistered guest
Hey bert I happen to have two mrd-m300's power one type s each. Man does it pound. These amps were design specifically to power their own subs, either the x, s, or r type, the r type being the best due to new enhancements in technology. If you use dynomat (which sells for about $120.00 Canadian at Best Buy for 20 ft sq, it will reduce rattling and direct the bass to where you want it most, the driver's seat. So if I were to recommend anything for ya there bud, get the mrd-m300's or mrd-m500, and get one for each sub. You have tons of fun with it man.

Good Luck,
Sean

Unregistered guest
Teflondog you are absolutely right. I have two mono amps myself but they are only powering one sub each. Paralelling the wires can do many things for you when it comes to amps, it could even save your A$$. It all comes down to what your amp can handle. When you buy the sub, don't wire it anyway the diagrams show, because a certain amp might need more or less resistance in the wire than another. Its a good thing you spotted that out because that guy might have bought a 2-channel for no reason. If you want bass go mono, not stereo.

Username: Motoman22

Post Number: 73
Teflondog, haven't seen him in a while... where'd you go? *laffs*

Username: Newb

Post Number: 80
2 chan r cheaper alternative than mono amp tho. bridging a 2 chan is ok as long as u dont go below 4ohm right?

Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 60
yes but mono channel amps are alwez the best way to go....
for example:

JBL BP300.1 is a very very good amp that will run 600w rms at 2 or 1 ohms so you can run 2 TYPE-Rs without a problem

Post Number: 912
class D mono amps are cheaper actually.
a 600wRMS mono amp is about $210.
If you want a good two channel amp that puts out 300 watts x 2 @ 2 Ohms, you're looking at about $500+ (JL, Kicker, Zapco, etc)
Class-AB amps, good ones anyway, have always been high price per watt.
My 125W x 2 @ 4 Ohm class-AB amp was about $750.

Post Number: 81
o really? $210 is that an ebay price glass? i know even the sony xplod monos run around $250(store price) and the mediocre ones like phoenix gold and crossfire r more than that. i found a us acoustics 2 chan 300w rms for $99 so i wen twith that for now. i know us acoustics aint great but itll work till i can get a better alarm:-)

Post Number: 928
not ebay.
www.etronics.com
JBL BP600.1
600wRMS x 1 @ 2 Ohms
$210

sony... *wretch* *shudder*

anyway those are smaller amps. You can't even find class-AB amps in the 1Kwatt+ range, like say 1200 watts and larger. That's all class-D these days for driving subs. Class-D are much more efficient, and produce a lot less heat so they are better suited to those large amounts out output.
The JBL BP1200.1 is about $300. You'd be hard pressed to find a class-AB amp that puts out half that much power reliably for less than twice that.

Post Number: 82
haha...cmon its 10000w...sony and pyramid rock! *waiting for 200 repsonses that say otherwise*

yeah maybe ill get a class-d amp and then use the 2 chan to drive my components. also gotta buy separates and kick pods too. this stuff can get expensive lol!

Username: Amplifierhelp

Post Number: 7
if i have a 300rms amp at 2ohms, and i run two 4ohm subs parallel to make 2ohms will it give 300rms to each sub or only 150rms?

Username: Jigga57

i just got 2 type r's. i had two kicker cvr's and am now looking for sound quality over volume. but i've heard that the type r's aren't too well made. they seem to break pretty easily. any comments?

Post Number: 2
is jbl supposed to be a good brand for car audio? my friend has 4 jbl subs in his car and sufficient power and my two kicker cvrs and rockford amp kicked his a$$.

Silver Member

Post Number: 154
the best matchup for 2 type r's is a JBL bp600.1 amp, it supplies 600w rms at 1 or 2 ohms, and if you run the type rs in paralell, youll end up with a 1 ohm load which will be a perfect matchup for them....great amp too btw

does anyone have any comments on the construction quality on the type r's? i've heard that they are pretty easy to break. any comments?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1207
the Type-Rs are good subs.. just not my favorites in their price range.

Silver Member

Post Number: 111
no man for 2 type rs you want alot more power then the jbl 600. I have a kicker 1200 for sale puts out around 1400 watts thats a perfect amp. Let me know retails for 700 I want alot less for it email me at tikolx333@yahoo.com

Silver Member

Post Number: 162
are you stupid tiggy? type-rs can only handle 300w rms each, maybe a bit more...600w rms each will blow them in a heartbeat

he just wants to get rid of his amp hehe

Gold Member

Post Number: 1288
good amp
just not for those subs
good for a pair of 12" adire shivas though

Username: Stumpsbmwm3

Hey Yall
I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who is an evening pharmacists. This pharmacist has much desposable income. He swears by Rockford Fosgate competition amps. Says the ones one can by at BestBuy are a different line of amps. What do you folks think of Rockford Fosgate amps? Including the Best Buy line?

Silver Member

Post Number: 112
Rockford licks my nut. And bacon for the price iam seeling my amp its perfecf and way better then the JBL I want 350 for it its 600w at 2 ohm and 1200w at 1ohm so if you want wire them at 2ohm run 600w and if you want hook up 4 of them down to 1 ohm and you can still run them with this amp and it will be better then the JBL especialy if you put them in a ported box which you should.

Silver Member

Post Number: 113
And dont call people stupid the Type R's can handle up to 1000 watts so you want to be underpowering them want to run over the RMS to get everything out of the amp.

sebastian m
Unregistered guest
i want to buy two alpine type-r subs and i don't know what should i buy: two 1221d or two 1241d, in order to hook them to a jbl bp1200.1 at 2ohm.

Silver Member

Post Number: 115
Aight buddy you want the 1241. I think those are the dual 4 ohm. You want the dual 4 to wire it down to the 2ohm jbl. But if you havent bought the amp yet I have an amp that will power that alot better. I have a kicker 1200 which puts out around 1400 watts at 1ohm. You can but the 1221 the dual 2 ohm and wire down to 1 ohm hook them up the the kicker and they will sound alot better then the jbl. Also my kicker amp has a remote bass knob jbl you can even plug one in and the kicker has subsonic filter for ported box's which is what you wnat for the type r's. Let me know if you are interested in the amp its like new and I have everything that it came with for half the price. let me know tikolx333@yahoo.com

FragTek
Unregistered guest
I run my two 1221's with 2 RF Power 351M amps and it kiiiiiiiiicks. I love the RF Power series, they really push the power and are a perfect match for the Type-R dual 2ohm subs.

Mikho
Unregistered guest
I've got My R type's (Only 2 10" dual 4ohms) Running off of a MTX 942 briged the sound is great and type 's r so hard to blow im tellin u man i can make the em pop out a good 3 in" if id like to (but i am still think about ruming the 2 alpine 300rms amp what do u think)

Diamond M6
Unregistered guest
Wow, I found this site by accident doing a search on google...Anyone that has read this post is that much dumber having seen it... I noticed several flaws and retarded ideas just glancing. I pitty any of you that have fully read it. First off Alpine Type R's are a rip off. For the same money go buy a Kicker Comp VR.. it will out perform it in every situation. Just watch for tinsel lead slapping during high SPL test tones. Second of all.. to the idiot that said buying two dual 4 ohm subs would be optimal with an amp that puts out its big power at 2 ohms... if you dont know what your talking about, dont say anything.. you're confusing the poor boy that asked a question. explain to me why two dual 2 ohm would not be better... Voice coils in series so you have (2 x 4) ohm loads.. do each woofer in parallel to give you a final resistance of TWO ohms... or buy two SVC 4 ohm woofers.. Next.. the JBL PB 600.1 is a POS made in some foreign land by children younger then you. I am not insulting all of JBL as the JBL/Crown PX series is an amazing amp. I have first hand experience with the PX2200.1 which is a REAL amp.. second of all entry level kenwoods, and mtx are garbage.. Dont buy anything entry from them as its trash.. Mid-high end is still good though. hmm what else can I say... uhmm... how about just go buy a Diamond CM3 and an amp such as the alpine T757 or T420 which are both amazing for the $. oh yeah.. and why are you tools buying two subs when if you spent the combined money on one half decent one and a good amp it would outperform it AND leave more room for future expansion...And to anyone that suggested Legacy, Pyle, Bazooka, or whatever.. I have three easy steps for you First: Turn on the bathtub faucet Second: Plug in your toaster and hold it Three: Jump into the tub.... I'm sorry to knock anyone here.. but uhh.. dont give opinions if you are un-sure of the proper answer or dont have direct first hand experience...

Silver Member

Post Number: 126
My mistake I ment to write singe 4 ohm and wire it down to 2. Sorry about that Diamond did mean to offend you. But you should really look into some therapy you sound very angry. I dont know if its your tinny pen1s or your dad touched you but take it easy dont need to be so angry.

squidy56
Unregistered guest
hey any one see the type x subs from alpine they r hella raw they r made with carbon fiber and aluminum they r at lightav.com

Unregistered guest
I have 3 Alpine Type R's along with 3 Alpine MRD-M500 Amps. I am starting to design my fiberglass enclosure for my 98 Mitsubishi Eclipse. Should I port the sub box or just have a sealed one? Are these the amps that I should have? I want to stay with all Alpine products.

candy
Unregistered guest
what would be the best JL audio amp for two 10" JL W6 or two JL W3? also how many channels ? two or mono?

candy
Unregistered guest
also i'm working with about $700, the most $850

Silver Member

Post Number: 138
mono block jl 500/1 go to ebay u can get it for 300 bucks give or take

Unregistered guest
This might be a silly question. Looking for subs, have 4 kenwood speakers (2 6x9's) and do I need an amp? if yes, what kind of subs would you recommend and with which amp? I am looking at the Sony XS-L101P5 subs, or the RFP4410 or even Sony Xplod (XS-L1036). Any suggestions?

Psycho
Unregistered guest
Whats better with a MRD-M1000, 2,3, or 4 12R's?

fred
Unregistered guest
ok people i got 2 jl 13w7s with 2 kicker 600w mono amp mpumping each one and they are hitting at there peak all i gotta say is if u want tho alpine type r 12s to hit get 2 600w kick comp amps and u will feel the real bass

Username: Goatz

is this a good amp? PYLE 2004 1600 WATT 2 CH. AMP AMPLIFIER
for 2 10" pioneer 4ohm 600w 120w/rms subs???

Unregistered guest
Hey sup everyone.. i got Two Type R 12's for my 94 ford probe GT hatchback, i got a custom dual ported box made from 3/4 inch MDF, what is your advice on the type of amp to buy to power these subs??? i heard these subs are supposed to hold 1000 watts each is that true??? holla me back

Silver Member

Post Number: 398
a bp600.1 is a perfect match for 2 single or dual 4 ohm type-r's

Unregistered guest
im looking to buy some alpine 10 inch type r's...i want 2 of them and i dont like necesarilly listening to rap so clarity is what im looking for not overal peak loudness...so 4+4 ohms would probably be the best way to go right?

my real question comes in about how i would want to run my amps...i want to use alpine amps since i already have an alpine 4 channel to my door speakers i want it all the same...so to keep the subs at 4+4 ohms what would be the best way to run things?
thank you if you decide to help because ive been reading a whole lot but im still unsure of what i want to do

Unregistered guest
i have 4 alpine type r 12s
i have the first two (dual 4s) hooked up via a rockford fosgate 601s.. this amp retails for about 360... ebay has these for 230... the second set(dual 2's) are powered by a Kicker 600.1 mono block this retails for about 420.. ebay has for like 250.. i sub outta control and never had a problem

Anonymous

i have 2 alpine type r 12's (2 ohm). What amp would be perfect for these. I heard so many different ideas for amps. Can sombody please help me...

Unregistered guest
Yeah, seriously i would really like to now that too.
I'm looking to purchase one or two 12" Alpine Type R's but i dont have a freaking clue on what kind of amp to get.

Also,
There's always two sides too every story... I heard that one sub putting out a lot of power is better than two putting out the same power split between the two. Then again i heard the exact opposite.

What should i do???

Guys i really need some help with this... AHHG

Cameron
Unregistered guest
Hey True_life,
man i had two alpine type r 12's that i have traded in for two alpine type r 10's and to tell you the truth man the 10's kill the twelves, they pound alot harder.... id say get two 10" subs with two alpine digital amps... the 10" subs run at 300 rms (1000watts)... if ya go with that system man you cant go wrong... i have two alpine digital 1000s on my 10's, runnin 4 gauge wire, and i got no worries... seriously take it into consideration...
ps: i got 2ohm subs aswell...

Anonymous

cameron, i hope you know your only running 500 watts, instead of 1000, since you could only run a 2ohm DVC sub as a 4 ohm load to that amp, since its not stable to one ohm. better off getting 2 MRD-501's and 2 4 ohm DVC subs, or using only 1 of the 1000's to wire the subs in series-parallel in order to get a 2 ohm load, and sell the other amp. either way your putting 500 watts to each sub. pointless to have 2 1000 watt amps when your only using 500 from each.

Gforce
Unregistered guest
Hey dudes and dudettes,

I have one Kappa Perfect 10" in a sealed box and a dead Coustic 400se amp. The amp pushed the sub for about 2 years before melting down a week ago. I had freakin' smoke comin' out my trunk...nice!
Will someone please recommend me a good amp to push this single sub. It has never sounded as good or hit as hard as I expected since I hooked it up to the Coustic. Do you think I can plan on hearing a noticable difference with a better/diff amp? Also, could the lack of performance have anything to do with my wiring. I had the amp connected to the pos bat term with 8 gauge and the neg to the body of the car back in the trunk. Oh, yeah, I roll in a 94 Sentra - giddyup!

h g
Unregistered guest
what amp do you think i should run to 12 in Audiobahns?
Interfire 600watt or a Rockford Fosgate 401 with 1200 Watts

Anonymous

trash the audiobahns and get some real subs and then get a rockford.

Shep
Unregistered guest
Sup folks, debating on wether to get 2 SoloBaric L7's 10's or 1 15inch sub. Also what amp do any of you recommend for these subs. Thanks...

Anonymous

start a new thread no one is going to help you here cause it is over 100 opinions

its_baconl2
Unregistered guest
i think a sony amp would be just right for these sprakers

Silver Member

Post Number: 556
hahahahahahhaha

stupid kids back at it again....

btw, learn for to spell speakers....lol...sprakers..

steph
Unregistered guest
waaa haa ha, its_bacon12! ROFL..ROFL..ROFL..LOL...LOL.....LOL....! I KNOW WHO YOU ARE I LIVE JUST ROUND THE BLOCK, honestly man you look to places like dis to gain respect when the rest of your hood disses you, you shy my brother you get some bass soon.

Silver Member

Post Number: 557

really steph?
qhat street do u live on?

btw im not looking to gain respect, im here to help little uns like you who dont know JL audio from audiobahn or pyle

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
lol thats funny ihavent been to this site in such a long time.

kerhg
Unregistered guest
Hey im gettin two alpine r-type subs, what amp should i get, i want one that will really power them

kerhg
Unregistered guest
o, to added to this one posted above, there 12"
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us