Archive through August 24, 2005

Unregistered guest
Holy crap, this is some funny ish. I thought they were legit until about ten minutes after they left, then i was convinced i bought stolen speakers. Green Pathfinder, guy said he was X-navy which wokrs good since i'm active duty. Maybe I'll give em to my sister or something. Friggin hilarious. Definitely needs to be on the news.

Unregistered guest
Holy crap, this is some funny ish. I thought they were legit until about ten minutes after they left, then i was convinced i bought stolen speakers. Green Pathfinder, guy said he was X-navy which wokrs good since i'm active duty. Maybe I'll give em to my sister or something. Friggin hilarious. Definitely needs to be on the news. Tacoma area, Washington, just in case any one was keepin track of their whereabouts.

Anonymous

I guess they are going around everywhere. They are in Montreal now coz I was screwed for $250 TR-1400 Theater Research. Oh well, I did send emails to our TV and Radio Stations. HEHE

Username: Stfo

Post Number: 8
i'm looking for speakermen in europe
stfo

Unregistered guest
MY BUDGET FOR HOME THEATRE IS $20000,MY ROOM SIZE IS 30"*25".PLEASE SUGGEST ME THE POWER WHICH SHOULD BE INSTALLED IN THE ROOM(WATTS,DECIBELS,RMS)

shawn3295
Unregistered guest
ok, where's the scam? i'm confused!
1. they had a product for sale.
2. they told you what you wanted to hear.
3. you bought it!
has anyone on this forum bought a new vehicle lately? if selling tactics are scams, dealerships are at the top of the list.
i just saw them on the internet/ e-bay and for the money they can't be that bad. not saying i'm going to buy them nor do i support them but let's face it, there's noone on this forum that has not sold something in our life that we did not {SOUP UP THE TRUTH} to get a little more money!!!! ever sold your used car? did you wash it? WHY? TO SELL IT!
and RAHUL JAIN- DID YOU WIN THE LOTTERY OR SOMETHING?

LDV
Unregistered guest
THESE GUYS SUCK! I got the same damn story as everyone else.....i cant believe i fell for that B.S. Im spendin my next weekend home, huntin these mofo's down!

getoverit
Unregistered guest
While the quality of the drivers may be poor, the boxes themselves are actually worth something. Ever try to build your own boxes? I've built several over the years....and this set of boxes is excellent. CNC machined, veneered, sealed and complete with hardware...the cost of building the system I have would be over $300 for the boxes alone. I already knew I would replace the drivers eventually. It ain't a scam if you paid willingly to some guy in a van. It's a scam if your money is taken from you and you didn't receive anything in return. Check out www.partsexpress.com and reload your boxes....you'll be happy then. Besides...you didn't pay so much anyway.

IGOTSCAMMED
Unregistered guest
THEY WERE IN ST CHARLES, MO AT THE HOME DEPOT YESTERDAY. I GOT THERE LISCENSE PLATE # AND DESCRIPTION WITH ONE OF MY COUSINS THAT IS A COP. ALSO FOUND OUT IT WAS A SCAM AND STOPPED PAYMENT ON THE CHECK I GAVE THEM. ONLY PROBLEM IS THEY FOLLOWED ME TO MY HOUSE. BY THE WAY IF YOU 2 ARE READING THIS I DARE YOU TO COME TO THE HOUSE AGAIN!!!!! I'LL BE WAITING. I WILL FIND THEM AND POST ALL THEIR INFO HERE. I DO KNOW THE CHECK WAS WRITTEN TO A WILLIAM BUTLER. WILL UPDATE AS SOON AS FIND THESES PIECES OF SH**.

sucker
Unregistered guest
Angelo got me in St. louis. driving the black chevy taho. I.D badge, cell phone #, magazine ad, and had 5 systems and only needed 3 for the drop off. Same story different sucker. he was a good salesmen. told me all the BS I wanted to hear. I feel like an a@@hole after reading all this. I havent even hooked them up yet but they might be ok. this site dosen't make me feel good about it but they might be ok if they work. misery loves company.

Deltaromeo
Unregistered guest
Ok, all

Here is an active number for Theater Research in California. I ran across this number after searching a few days. Got right to a real person the first time; sounded like they were not expecting calls on complaints.

Hurry before they change the number.

714-894-5888

Loleokao;fig;aosidhgMatt
Unregistered guest
Hmmm well same story as you all except... i got the vin number and great detail about the truck lol it was a red toyota tacoma extended cab and the LP number is H2G-6655 and they are here in Oklahoma City so if anyone wants to pursue that go for it i just dont have the time. I will say something thoe they gave me the same wanting to see ta tas story...bunch of lksdjg(P.U.S.S.I.E.S)aposihg I bet they are ghey i mean most of the stories here are always 2 guys in a white van except mine was 2 guys in a truck. Whatever thoe i bought them and it wasnt that much money.

Anonymous

The boys were in Canton, Michigan yesterday around dusk. They tried to con me in the parking lot in front of Marshall's. Man, they almost had me!! After about 10 minutes I walked away. These dudes are good. The new black Tahoe has graphics on the quarter window that match warranty paperwork and packing slips from a non-existent store in nearby Livonia (~5 miles away). Same story as the others...2 guys in their 20's, had these extra boxes by mistake and were in a hurry to just get cash and go to a bar in Ypsilanti. One guy said his name was James Michael Downs and he even signed the packing slip with that name. I wasn't sure if I missed out on a good deal, and it was bugging me, so I typed in Theatre Research on Yahoo and found this. I feel like I just won $400. Remember the Irish Rovers scam from 10-15 years ago...could these guys be them?

Unregistered guest
I have a (L)tr-2900 that I want to sell, the speaker is new in the box, never been used before!!!
for "wanna buy" people only!!

benadato@yahoo.com

Jong
Unregistered guest
I got taken today in Wixom.... not totally sure if I really got ripped that bad. I paid $400 for the whole 5.1.

I probably got ripped. I knew the $2975 or whatever was a farse....but $400 doesnt seem all that bad. They sound good and its good enough for me.

Atlanta, got scammed
Unregistered guest
I got taken today in Atlanta, GA. (actually in the northern-Marietta area)
2 white guys, a van, one says he'll keep one set for himself b/c it was "so cheap"
I bought TR-602's for $250. damn it!
sub barely works..and same for the 4 tower speakers.. but yes, they do work.
so i'll say i got scammed by $200.

Scammed in Utah!
Unregistered guest
These guys are all over the place it seems. I got the 7170 for $200. I have yet to try them out. I am not expecting much from what I have read. I actually have the license plate for this black chevy truck at work right now, but it is from Oklahoma. They even showed me their work order for the rest of the ones they had. Yea right! They even had me call their "boss" which I am sure is a fraud as well!

Texas, just got scammed
Unregistered guest
Yeah I just bought one of the Tr-8010s from 2 white guys in a white, looked like a dodge, truck(one was named caleb). They had 2 towers and 2 of the tr8010s. I wish I would have known about this before I bought, but meh its my own fault. I actually got off pretty good though. they kept asking for 300, then I told them I only had 170 so as I was leaving they broke and took the 170. So what is wrong with them, are they stolen? do they break down? I guess Im gonna find out. I feel for you guys that payed a crapload though. Im gonna go link this site to my friends at another site to give them the info

Unregistered guest
Okay, well I didn't purchase the speakers mainly because no story that ends in a good deal starts with, "I met two guys in a white van..." My fiance on the other hand was not so smart. Unfotunately he called me after he bought them and told me of the "great deal" he had just gotten. Fortunately enough for us, he claims they sound alright and he only dropped $150. I overreacted and got really upset at first and it only got worse once my assumption that he'd been scammed was made a reality after finding this sight. I'm sure we aren't going to be the last to ever post on here and these guys really need to get caught. The thing is, I think that there are just too many different ones operating out there. I hope that at least some of them get the jailtime for this, because faud is definately illegal and that is just what they are committing. By the way, my fiance was had in Westland, Michigan. The guys even had the van advertising their supposed company. Don't be so gullible boys!! You dont see too many women posting on here!

Unregistered guest
Okay, well I didn't purchase the speakers mainly because no story that ends in a good deal starts with, "I met two guys in a white van..." My fiance on the other hand was not so smart. Unfotunately he called me after he bought them and told me of the "great deal" he had just gotten. Fortunately enough for us, he claims they sound alright and he only dropped $150. I overreacted and got really upset at first and it only got worse once my assumption that he'd been scammed was made a reality after finding this sight. I'm sure we aren't going to be the last to ever post on here and these guys really need to get caught. The thing is, I think that there are just too many different ones operating out there. I hope that at least some of them get the jailtime for this, because faud is definately illegal and that is just what they are committing. By the way, my fiance was had in Westland, Michigan. The guys even had the van advertising their supposed company. Don't be so gullible boys!! You dont see too many women posting on here!

Unregistered guest

Unregistered guest

Unregistered guest
sorry for posting four times but it kept prompting me to reload the page and i did....sorry guys

sarahs23189
Unregistered guest
friend of mine picked up a pair of these speakers a couple days ago in montreal. black lincoln navigator, two guys, seen him at a bank machine pulled up and told him they had something for him, struck up a conversation, even drove my friend to his hotel....where he called the cops on himself thinking he bought stolen goods....lol

Master J
Unregistered guest
Yesterday, I went to Best Buy to buy an external hard drive for my computer (been saving for months). Right when I got out of my pick-up this guy in a white SUV called me over. At first I was thinking that he needed directions. Instead, he wanted to sell speakers. Same old story. I was not listening. I just asked "how much." He would not tell me so his buddy told him to show me the goods. My first thought was that they were stolen speakers. I did not care I just wanted to know how much they were willing to get rid of them. I played dumb and said that I did not know anything about speakers. Trying to hustle the hustler. He said he had thirty minutes to get back to work. I said that I don't have a lot of money on me to get him to shut up. My first thought when he started talking was that it sounded too scripted. No one talks that way. Was he reading it off the van... He said that he would follow me to the ATM. I am thinking to myself f*** no! I don't even trust the strangers around me at the ATM let alone some hustler on the street following me to my ATM. I told him that I would pay $20 for the speakers and that was fair. He could not believe it. I said yeah $20 for these speakers. He immediately closed the back of the SUV and left. Good luck you piece of sh**!

Brooklyn-In-Da-House
Unregistered guest
WOW~! I have to thank you guys. I saw this name speakers on ebay with an MSRP of $3000+ I decided to look it up and find out why it's so cheap ($170). I found you guys. Damn and to think I was gonna bid and I let a nice pair of Sony go, waiting on the TR-2810 auction.
I do not care what anyone else says, I do not think you guys are "b1tching" because you 'think' you were scammed. You were scammed. Once someone sells you something based on misleading information - it is fraud. Someone should report this to the IRS also - at the least - they can be charged for failure to collect state sales taxes. And then the cops can deal with them also.

I know the guys that pulls this off, read this forum - I can guarantee it. I am almost sure they post here too. Well I invite them to come to NY City and pull off this scheme. NY'ers have a bunch of people waiting for a 'great deal'. I am sure they will make good money here. But they won't be able to leave with their 'earnings' cause we would beat the sh1t outta them and plant drugs all over their vehicle and person, then call the cops. Hey, all's fair in love and war.

Thanks again. If anyone gets ahold of them, flatten their tires and come here and send an urgent post, I will be there :-)

With Love,
Elvis

Deltaromeo
Unregistered guest
All,

If you purchased your speakers online, and found them to be misrepresented after receiving them, go to the following link and file a complaint.

http://www.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp

Unregistered guest
I looked at these speakers and said jeez, "if it sounds to be true ....." I'm glad that I came across this forum. I have a very high end audio system here. And it cost me a fortune. But does it ever sound sweet. I'm a New Yorker and I encounter cons daily on the street here. But this one struck me as particularly odd. $3,000+ selling on eBay for a fraction of that. What's wrong with this picture?

Unregistered guest
Got screwed in the layton Ut area guys in a golden tahoe, got me at a gas pump the deal of a life time and i fell for it i looked at drivers liscences and felt ok about the whole thing, sure enough they dont work worth a crap

Unregistered guest
Hi, I've been scammed too...but at a cheap price...paid 250 can instead of 300 US like most of you.The same story, trunk of a van, the guy said there had been a mistake at the shop and had 4 sets to sell for the cheapest price I'll never see. I had never heard of that company but the speakers looked nice...Says on the box 800 watts total...and I tried them tonight one by one(I have no DVD receptor for it no amp. too) and the speakers look to work good, so my question is...why do people worry so much about being scammed if the merchandise works good for a price as cheap as 250 canadian dollars. I'm from a small town in Quebec and never thought these guys could come here so easily but any ways i got the licence plate number of the rent van....DOES ANY ONE KNOW IF THIS WILL HELP ME ????Is it a good idea to make a police report or I am losing my time??

Anonymous

I got hit for two 1620's yesterday at the Zeeb Rd. Meijer store around 5 pm. Two kids probably in their twenties . One was kind of an innocent looking kid ,thin , and he stayed pretty much quiet, while the other one was about six foot three, had a pierced tounge,red baseball cap, I'd guess 240 lbs. a goofy looking guy who did most all the talking. They were driving a new black chevy SUV that had white lettering on the side window near the back of the vehicle. It had a michigan licence plate reading ZUG 877 .

Anonymous

They were in San Antonio today too. They tried to get me to buy a TR 7010 surround sound system. I already have a surround sound system so I told them I wasn't interested. All of the details of their approach was exactly as everyone has described above. These guys were in a silver SUV though.

Anonymous

same story if u see a white GMC saffari cargo van whit Oregon plates #175-BKN call the cops!!!(portland OR area)

rockstar
Unregistered guest
first off, for the kid who didnt even hook 'em up, are u retarded? i've got them in my house and they're great. i'm sitting here laughing cuz everyone is so pissed that they just got a deal instead of a steal. you got sold because someone took advantage of ur greed.its capitalism at its finest, dorky white boys hustling the entire nation. its been going on all over the world for 30 years, you can't stop them, they're just too good. the cops cant do anything, noone can, its slam time b*tches.they've sold me more than once, and i didn't even know till now, but if i see the speakerguys, i'm gonna tell them sign me up, cuz ill Sell The F*ck Out.

I'm a speakerman
Unregistered guest
Hi, i'm a speakerman doing things the right way. Check out www.burckhards.com
peace,
Simon

Username: Superduty

Post Number: 1
RED DEER ALBERTA CANADA. ONE GUY SOME BRAUD, ABOUT 95 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE LIMITED. DARK IN COLOR. ANYONE FROM AROUND HERE LET ME KNOW. IF HES READIN THIS HE'S GETTN PHUCKED HES FERTILIZER.
stinkybullit@hotmail.com

kirby69
Unregistered guest
They are about town in Houston, TX as well. Just FYI, Tan colored Taho, same description - two mid-20s white males. Selling the same products with the same pitch and fake magazine. Did not buy though.

Anonymous

Got em in Montreal, Canada (Lachine area). Was approched in the mall parking and very not interested at first. Exact same story as everyone, overstock, fake receipt, fake catalog. Annoyed me during 30 minutes, asked for $700 CND for TR-1400, offered no more than $300 and they accepted. Once home, saw on eBay that these weren't selling as high as expected, lol! But they do sound way better than my previous ones so what the heck.

I was told by my brother than a friend of him got ripped too in the same Montreal area. Still asking for $700, offered $350 but load his car with only one box tellin him both speakers are in lol! He was so pissed.

Got approched again in the same mall many months later by 2 different guys driving a similar white 4X4 with a temp transit imatriculation. I was like, man, you guys already ripped me off once so you better just leave now. lol!

But anyway, definately not high end monitors but very good sound for low money...

Julio from Fla
Unregistered guest
Here in Jensen Beach/Stuart Fla, out in front of Best Buys, and across the street from Circuit City this week, a white Ford Explorer type with 2 guys approached me in the vehicle like they had overheard me in the store earlier asking about speakers. He pulled out a Real Magazine with Theater Research ads in it, and told they were just delivered extra pieces, and had to sell them before his father, the store owner of a shop all the way from West Palm would find out. He opened up a sealed box with the 6 piece 1995.00 set of home speakers in it. They looked cool and all, but I never heard of Theater Research before. (sounds like Accoustic Research if you didn,t know any better). So I looked and looked and had plenty of cash on me, but low and behold my trusty Nextel was on my hip, so I called around a bunch of people to ask if any of them had heard of these before, one contact said "yea" White Van Scam"
others never heard of them. These guys are listening to my conversation on direct connect.
But wait I have 19 yr. old son in New York who is in college up there, and he returned a page quickly. I told him to scour the internet and he came back with "overpriced garbage". He's also a normal 20 yr. old who likes electronics dearly..

So that was it, no return arrangements were available either, so I blew away his 400 then 300 dollar offer.. I went to Circuit City and told the Manager to called the cops, I gave them a description, then proceeded to buy a 350 dollar video card..
Thanks Nextel...
Julio

Unregistered guest
To the Atlanta, got scammed.

I got scammed too in Atlanta, down by the Emory Area. If you want to do something about it. I am leaving my real email.

The van was a Bluish SUV and Digital Research Speakers. I knew it was a scam. But, I didn't know how far these guys were going to go. No point in getting into a fight or worse over a couple hundred bucks. I was looking for License plates, but couldn't get a look at them.

What a scam. I didn't even open the speakers. I knew I was screwed.

vincetheprince
Unregistered guest
Montreal, Canada. Yup I got scammed as well. It sucks to have something happen to you where you feel tricked and you can't do anything about it no matter how insignificant it is huh? Well they are hear and tomorrow i am posting 3 big posters at a walmart near me, informing the local public about this scam. That is the best I can do, and for the rest of you whining about doing something about this or "filing class action lawsuits" do it or shut up. Start by posting warnings in areas of large consumer flow. As for the speakers I did hook everything up and everything seems to be working. Mine aren't "Theater Research" but "Theater Innovations" not that it matters lol. I paid 420$ CAD for them and it's funny because normally I tell my mom never to buy cheap or used electronic where to have no possibility for a refund or warranty. I have realized that my greed took the better of me and i have gotten over this -hahahahah. So people if you want to help prevent this and help others before they fall for this scam just do like me and post warnings up. It may not be much but it's better than whining and posting on this forum. PEOPLE ONLY COME HERE ONCED THEY ARE SCAMMED! Good luck to everyone and i hope you will be a smarter consumer due to this. i know i have.

Bronze Member
Username: Stfo

Post Number: 11
i have speakers for speakermen in europe

Unregistered guest
ok i'm one more of the victims i see there is a lot so i don't feel so bad but my question is does anyone knows how to hook them up if yes please let me know in the website.

Bronze Member
Username: Enmityjack

Newport Beach, CA USA

Post Number: 11
I sell under the ebay name jaxaudio. Are you serious. I'm one person. You said I employ criminals from prison? Make up a better lie than that atleast!!!

Unregistered guest
hi there is me again yester day i forgot to say which are the ones i got scam with TR-2830. like i said i did in my own free will so i can't complaim but i just want to know how the hell can you install this things i see some people have been able to use them can anyone tell me how.please respond here.

I Sell Speakers
Unregistered guest
I sell speakers on the street. Check out my site: www.burckhards.com
Your comments and critisism are welcome.
Simon Burckhard
speakerman since 1999

Anonymous

looking for some speakers on ebay THEATER RESEARCH 1620's. The guy has a 100 % positive feedback and each speaker gets the same discription that says made by www.trtheaterresearch.com. If he has been scamming people how in the heck is his feed back 100% positive?

ghdygtrf hfgdhfhf
Unregistered guest
So, my question is do these speakers sound good? becuase i have had bad luck with ACTUAL brands and i can get a pair of these for like $80, is it worth it? I mean as long as the system works and doesnt sound like crap it seems woth it to me.....

Username: Bmcdizzle

hey DEALOFTHECENTURY,

why dont you shut the fukc up you little bicth, it IS a scam. when someone lies to you about a product in order for you to be DECIEVED and purchase it, its a scam! now would you quit posting in this forum if your just going to tell everyone how stupid they are for falling into the scam.

your really doing a great job though, im sure all of us that have been scamed are learning our lesson from you. THANKS, NOW I KNOW NOT TO BUY SPEAKERS FROM SOME LITTLE BICTH IN THE PARKING LOT AGAIN! if it wasnt for you id probably have a dozen pairs now! you dumbass go get a life.

I Sell Speakers
Unregistered guest
www.burckhards.com

MISSION STATEMENT:

Burckhard's is a business committed to total honesty. The fraudulent and deceptive
sales techniques employed by many industry salesmen are not tolerated here. We
believe that these methods are shrewd and dishonest. Salesmen should channel
creativity and excitement in meaningful, productive and honest ways.

Many products sold on the street boast an MSRP value disproportionate to the actual
quality of the product. Burckhard's believes that bolstering an enormous MSRP is
unfair to the consumer. Straightforward, fair pricing is our alternative to MSRP hiking.

We sell primarily on the street. These types of sales are generally energetic, resulting
many times in an impulsive purchase. We do not, however, condone the use of high
pressure, manipulation, and/or brute force.

Our pricing is competitive. Low overhead expense allows us to compete with many of
the larger retail outlets. We do, however, leave room to haggle and we encourage our
customers to engage in the process of negotiation.

Above all, we want satisfied customers. We remain as available as is possible and we
challenge ourselves to find solutions to the problems that our customer's face.

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 333
Everyone knows that htr is a scam. You can buy better quality at Radio Shack.

Anonymous

Moscow, ID. Well, thank god I am not as naive and trusting as I once was or I too would likely have been taken. One Samoan looking guy in a forest green minivan pulls up to me in the mall parking lot and starts a spiel about how he has some extra speakers that are worth $1500 that he needs to unload, if he doesn't get rid of them some other employees will grab them, yadda yadda yadda... He actually wasn't that pushy and I just say "sorry, no thanks" and walked away but it was obvious to me that this was a scam. THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A FREE LUNCH, ESPECIALLY FROM STRANGERS! I decided to google "Theater Research" that evening and found this thread. If I was 5 years younger and less jaded I probably would have been taken. Humans can be very disappointing some times.

Anonymous

Well, I guess it is my turn. I too got played on the scam...but after reading this entire page of posts and the threads above, I do not feel so bad.

I purchased the TR-2830 speaker towers for a total of $200. I did the exact same thing as others...as soon as I could I jumped on the internet to do some research. So of course I was leary as to what I had just done when I purchased these speakers. Im just glad I did not spend 5, 6, or 700 bones (or even worse...more)...No offence to past or recent fellow suckers. But I am glad to hear/read...for what I paid...at least I got some ok towers. Sounds like worst case i can at least get my money back on E-BAY or now I have a set of towers for my bedroom.

But...yes I got realed in. I didnt even need the them. Thought I too could turn a quick buck on E-Bay and resale them. And thank god that was my intention. Cause I just low balled my sellers. Same as alway. Accept my two 20-something delivery boys were in a nice SUV. Dressed in kaki's and white shirts...had the name tags, etc. Had to make a store-to-store delivery w/only 30 mins to spare to be rid of extra equipment.

Well you know the rest. The most amusing thing to me...after reading the post above. These dudes did the exact same thing and asked me for my last $15 bucks for the bar...just like the post above. Almost like an urban legend...aye.

I would like to say...dont spend too much. But if you are here...you probably already did.

Anonymous

Does anyone have advice on how to start selling these things... without a white van? Sounds like a great idea to me. People like speakers... they don't want to spend to much money. Where there is a need, there is a place to sell. Can anyone give me some advice on selling? Thanks

Anonymous

Just to let you all know a little something: Sony, Panasonic, JVC, etc ... Theater Research, Digital Pro Audio, Theater Innovations- They are all made in China with the same materials. They simply have different boxes. It seems to me that the real scam is from well known Brand Names. But's that's business- It's all in the name, not the product. Welcome to Capitalism.

Gellar
Unregistered guest
wow ...i felt really dumb reading this forum cuz i just got scammed bout an hour ago. Paid 300 CDN, these guys had the exact same story as you guys, but at least they were really nice, so i mean, they didnt f**k me around like an a$$. But to be honest, ive got one of them hooked to my stereo right now, and the treble is crisp, the bass is shaking my floor, so i dont really feel that bad! Im going to give them to my brother as a late bday gift thats all, they're actually worth a bit of money i say

Anonymous

Waterford Michigan, 2 young guys in a newer explorer, blue in color. Their plate number is ZOZ 115, I believe, it was a michigan plate, blue in color also. They tried this bullshit on me, lucky for me, I wasn't fooled.

pissedoffsonbitch
Unregistered guest
hey deal of the century your just a lil bitc* thats probably just getting a part of the cut in the f*cked up doing this *hit who the fu*k knows but my buddy just got f*cked over for your sh*t and dont think you mother f*ckers are going make it far i will find you f*ck sticks

pissedoffsonbitch
Unregistered guest
hey get a clue F*CK YOU P*SSY

Anonymous

I am a victim too. Only $200 though. Get this after the kid was trying to put this in the trunk of my car he asked me if I could give him my Nike golf shoes as a tip!

AndreMan
Unregistered guest
I just got totally scammed a few hours ago for $500 for the junky TR 606 speakers and receiver set.

BUT- something amazing happened . . .

While the dude was scamming me, I asked him for his cell phone # and his name and told him I was noting his license plate #.

After I bought the junk, I called and told my buddy about my new purchase. He informed me I had just been taken.

About 30 minutes later I called the scammer since I had his name and #. The idiot answered the phone and I told him to give me a refund. The idiot met me 10 minutes later and gave me my money back!!! He is evidently stupider than I am!

Unregistered guest
Holy Crap. this JUST happened to me.these two guys in a white van pulled up to my HOUSE and sold me a bunch of home theater equiptment. I hopped online to see how much they were really worth and found this site. The stuff i got seems to be pretty good stuff- heavy and it sounds pretty good.i just hate being on the wrong end of the scam. I can't belive this happend in little KUNA IDAHO!

Sucker
Unregistered guest
Yeah, buddy. They're in Austin/Fort Hood area. Same boss/beer/extra speakers bit. Blue SUV, Expedition, I think. Got a number, he called my phone, just don't know if he'll answer it. Leave a message here if you want to try the number and kick his *ss.

almost fucked
Unregistered guest
hey was about to buy these on ebay and did a search on google. just want to thank all you guys who got screwed for your contribution on this page you saved me about $200. to those of you who get off on this site fukc you b!tches and dotc you're an a$$hole

Username: Scamd_da_scam

Post Number: 2
I burned 240 for 6 speakers....yeah, its a big AZZ BURN, but hey, let me know if you find 6 speakers pumpig 800 watts for 240, and then I'll cry. My buddy see's these mofo's on the street all the time anyway, so I can always bust'em up

friend of a sucker
Unregistered guest
FYI - The speaker guys are here in Eugene, Oregon. Friend of mine bought some, don't think he paid too too much.

Username: Ladyshay

Toronto, ONTARIO CANADA

Got scammed tor $300CDN yesterday in Toronto,ON in front of a Fortinos grocery store. White Lincoln Navigator, 2 white guys, same scam story...

sucka
Unregistered guest
same deal. brand new champayne ford explorer, overstock, boss can't know, magazine ad, how much cash do you have? $600.00 4 TR-2800.
I could break their knees! Jacksonville florida on blanding and 295 at a hess station.

Anonymous

Yep me too today at IGA parking lot in brampton blue ford explorer plate number AWWR 527 guy said his name is waine from West Hamilton audio.
I paid $340.00 for TR 501 he had a magazine
with speakers in it listed for $2499.00

Username: Tdawg

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 3
I can't believe I just came across this post. These guys approached me twice in University, sometime between 6-8 years ago, here in Ontario. No Joke! Same story. Two guys in a van were shipped too many speakers. I almost went for it. Thank god I was a poor student who couldn't even afford the "deal of the century" at the time.

Anonymous

I hate saying it, but I was suckered to. Salem, Oregon. $400.00. White Lincoln Navigator. There here until Friday, be careful.

e man
Unregistered guest
hey guys, same s--t diff city i am a truck driver passing thru ft. worth tx. ran into a guy selling theather research home entertainment system out of his suv {grey}same story about being at an electronics convention and they put 1 set too many in his van. he showed me a professional catalog complete with price list listing the value of this system at over $3000.00
and explained that the quaility was two steps above bose.I did'nt have money on me at the time and told i would later on that nite.i got the $300 he was asking and called him {yes he gave his cell phone #} i asked him to meet me in a walmart parking lot in ft. worth. he said he was comming from dallas and would be there in about 45 min.in the mean time (skeptical) i looked up the make on my lap top computer in my truck and found this web site. I just wanted to thank all you guys for your postings if not for all of you i would have been scammed to. but believe me i will give his phone # (stupid) to the police and you can bet at least one of these guys will be off the streets.
P.S i think whats going on here is this company makes these guys actually buy these products as part of a get rich quick scam and then have them sell it for whatever they can get. but what evers going on here let me leave you with these words of wisdom, "No matter how low the value of the dollar drops,it will never drop as low as some people are willing to stoop for it.
Stay safe.

Jim_Bob_
Unregistered guest
yes

Username: Joeyc1080

Hey guys i have the info on the Scam in AUSTIN, TX. I know the place they are at every morning to load the stuff to go try to sell and they come back in the evening around 6. I am tryign to get some people that have been scammed to get together to do something about this. Not violent but maybe like follow them around for an hour or so and tell every person the truth that they try to talk to. Email me at JoeyC1080@hotmail.com to get the info.

Bug
Unregistered guest
I just got taken. I'm in Corvallis, OR and was at my ATM yesterday, when these guys pulled up. I first said $20, then $50, then I said, "Come to my house and install them, then we'll see." They did! And they seemed to work pretty well. Even the sub sounded decent. So I thought for sure it was really what they were saying, "buy this or our boss will take it for himself" and didn't see it as wrong.

I'm ashamed to say how much I paid. I think it's more than anyone else on here.

One of the 2 guys was named Ryan, and his cell# is (405) 323-6442. I've been calling him ever since. I'm hoping to get as lucky as AndreMan, who got a refund, but that's probably not going to happen.

Now that these crooks know where I live, I lock my doors and have set up a web-enabled security camera. But I don't think they'll be back, since they probably make an a$$load with this scam.

Geen Woolf AMSTERDAM
Unregistered guest
@ Bug, you can chill out, they wont come to you again. At least these guys arent out there mugging at gunpoint, as they have a bit more brain mass. Anyway, sorry about your predicament, I hope this deal hasnt set you too far back. Cheers.

Anonymous

I hear you guys

Anonymous

I just got hit today. I live in ga and these two guys came up to me with a story about speakers. i almost kept going but stopped for some reason. they had a book with the prices in them and the price was listed on the box as 1999 each. they got me for 200. i guess i don't feel too bad since they are large speakers and if you purchase just the stands for any speakers you are going to pay around 100 for the pair. i have not hooked them up yet but i am assumeing that they work and if they do then they should be worth at least 50 dollars. mine dont look bad or anything. does anyone know the actual sound quality of the speakers. if they sound good then i am not mad. i just wish i had kept on driving and i would not have this funny feeling in the pit of my stomach.

qualified speakerman opportunity
Unregistered guest
Are you looking to get in to this business in an honest and legitimate way?

We furnish tax identification numbers, seller's permits, solicitation licenses, receipts, warranties, business cards, company shirts and vehicles.

We practice an honest pitch and sell a quality product at a fair price. No hype.

1st month: salary + commission + bonus.

Read our mission statement prior to responding.

Go to:
www.burckhards.com

Username: Ifeelbetter420

I got took about two years ago by this scam and someone try to scam me again today. I acted inttrested but then smashed his face against the car it might not replace my 200 bucks but I do feel better.

Nickyfrmvegas
Unregistered guest
dude u are full of sh it . i heard that u are the one that got your a s s kicked you should of got palermo va 5.1 www.ptswoffers.com

Anonymous

got screwed today 2, here in canada some guy sold me 2 tr-2830's for 300$, god i feel stupid.

Anonymous

Add me to the list of suckers. I don't know why I fell for this scam, as I'm pretty "street smart," but I paid $200 for a TR-8200 surround sound system (the box had a price of $2,499.00).

I left the speakers in the box after visually inspecting them, because I was going to install them as part of my remodeling project. However, after reading the posts on this board, I decided to hook them up.

The speakers looked and sounded great! I thought they sounded better the the BOSE Acoustimax set that they were supposed to replace. I didn't know what the fuss was about and thought I had gotten a really good deal. But two days later, the woofer blew a fuse. Then, the replacement fuse blew immediately when I turned the woofer on!

I've tried to contact TR, but their website appears bogus and there is no phone number for customer support nor warranty service. What a scam!

FZTRDNU
Unregistered guest
Well all, there I was sitting in a bank lot when a nice Buick Ranier pulled up with two young kids in it...shirts, badges...UPS packages...invoices...the whole thing. They opened the back of the Buick and gave me the speil...luckily...I had heard about this on a local radio station...
I get out my check book, saying this is the only thing I have...how much? They say $1000 for two big speakers and 5.1 theater. I say great! Load them in the back! They do as I start writing the check. halfway through, I go..oh darn...outa ink! hang on I have another in the car! I get in, hit the door locks and drive off!
Then I called the cops...who were just down the street it seemed...both kids were driving on suspended licenses. Fun Fun Fun. So now I'm waiting for a friend to hook everything up! If they sound crappy, well hey...they were free!!! Try my scam on the scammers! It works great!

Username: Sam2005

For those of you who already lost your $$$s, maybe not all is lost. If the electronics goes just search for a DIY unit to replace it with. Drives should be ok. To be honest and looking at the face value of the package it might not be so bad if you consider the cost of assembling a kit yourself. Folks feel bad probably because they were lead to believe the package was worth a lot more but in reality they are paying the going rate.

I live in Oz, that island off the coast of Antartica. Been thinking about buying an unknown brand of Subwoofer through eBay. Seems exactly the same as the brand "Pure Acoustics" from the US. Anyone know anything about Pure Acoustics? This brand is retailed in one of the decent high street retail HiFi stores. The unknown is labeled Dream Acoustics, XP10 and XP12 etc...

speakermanUS
Unregistered guest
hey guy!....look i bet you all heard that but for real the price you all are paying is what there worth!...no there not worth 2500 but f*** in most cases you get what you pay for...its not a scam its a unique way of selling. so chill out and watch some movie or listenm to some music cuz ive heard them and there def worth at least 3 bills

PUNKED THOSE B'TCHES
Unregistered guest
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!
TODAY I GOT THESE PUNK MUTHA F'ERS. THEY TRIED TO SCAM MY BEST BROS MOM. NOT HAPPENIN'. AFTER I BROKE THEM DOWN, ASKED THEM MORE QUESTIONS AND INVITED THE SCAMMERS INTO MY OFFICE TO LOOK UP THEIR PRODUCT ONLINE. THEY WERE SUPRISED BY THE FACT THAT I DIDNT WANT TO SEE THEIR WEBSITE, BUT RATHER DID A GENERIC SEARCH OF THEIR BULLSHIT PRODUCT. THEY LEFT WITH THEIR THUMBS IN THEIR MOUTHS LIKE A COUPLE OF DISCRACED JUVENILES. I NOW JUST WISH I WOULD OF GRABBED THEM BY THE THROATS AND THROWN THEM OUT. OH WELL, SO SORRY FOR ALL YOU WHO DID GET SCAMMED. GO OUT FIND THESE SONS OF B'TCHES AND KICK THEIR F'IN TEETH IN. HAPPILY NOT SCAMMED.

Anonymous

My husband is generally pretty good about not splurging on stuff like this - but I hate to say it - he got suckered. I started installing the speakers, but god...they look cheap. I just think about the boat we are saving for and how easily we all get duped sometimes. He was worried I'd be totally pissed off. I just told him he played his 'joker' and we all do dumb stuff...sigh...lets hope this makes our sound system at least a little better than it was....

NYCfriends
Unregistered guest
same situation happen to a couple of friends here in NYC with a TR-606 system. The guys where two a white and puerto rican and a Jeep they had five system all my friend bought all five. They started at $600 and ask how much money you have so me friends gather together and came with a plan to pay $200 each. The guy said that he could do $350 then ended $225. So my friend end up paying $1125 for all 5-System. I was checking on the web to see what was the real price of the TR-606 so I went to the web that was at the box. Then I was ooooh my god they got a deal, But I didn't finish there. I'm a computer programer so I started to look closely at the web so I started seeing a few mistake then I wonder if is a company the don't have mistake so often so then I had to tell the bad news to my friends.....but I would like to know what it is really the value of this system....

The Price Is Right
Unregistered guest
it's a steal at $50....

Anonymous

I bought some of these the other day, the TR-7010 5.1 system for $200. To be honest I'm not pissed off at all. If I spent the $1000 the guy was trying to pitch me I would definitly be, however for around $200 the system is fine. I needed a surround sound system for my new plasma and at that price you aren't going to find too much better. Anyhow if you thought you were going to get rich on this you ****ed up. If you just want an affordable surround sound system and pay less than $200 for it, I say go for it.

MobJustice
Unregistered guest
This is Cleveland, OH, August 12 on Mayfield road at 6:30.

Two Guys, one by the name of TJ - Early to Mid 20s, white, kind of short maybe 5-5, Bald with a Goatee. Whit shirt with a trible design. The other guy was maybe 5-8, looked like a 'stoner, dressed casual normal 20ish.

My Brother was sold because of the VAN it was sold in, which said 'DREAM AUDIO' on it.

Plus there was the ol' Catalog, and price on the box.

Cell phone # of the 'Warranty Department' - 216-643-1254. It's some 'Distributor' who is just a guy in his 20s who will kinda F''k with you on the phone. The TR Theatre Research website I believe is based on CA, and also had a cell phone # for customer service.

If any one has additional information, please E-mail ProverbialFunk@Gmail.com . Maybe together we can find these guys, since I doubt the cops will do anything. Are these always the same two guys or are there different crews working every city? Any one have Cleveland Plate information?

Not Pissed
Unregistered guest
Tulsa, OK, Im a Tech I was outside running cat5 just moved into a new house and was wiring, they pull up in a gray van, They tell me $200.00 for a set of TR-2830's, My first thought was that their hot, I didnt really care though to be honest, I told him I'd trade him a PC, gave him a 466 Celeron machine with 128mb of ram and a 4gb hard drive, keyboard and mouse no monitor, total cost for me, nothing all stuff I've accumliated over the years, on top of that I already had a 6.1 setup with a Panisonic 600watt reciver, even if I had paid some money for these speakers I really think thier damn good speakers, thier not amazing but my reciever pushes them well bass sounds great and the trebel is clear and they look awesome next to my 52" TV, anyways my thoughts are dont feel too bad if you paid under 300$ if you have a decent amp to push em thier good speakers.

Username: Dude3556

Montreal, QC

I got scammed... but you know what? It's been two years since i got them, they have kicked enough sound for all the parties we've had, and even were so loud that the cops were called once.

I have no complaints about the TR-1110 at all. I paid 100$ CDN each, and if you think that they cost 50$ to make (someone posted earlier) that's only a 100% mark up....WAY LESS than JVC, SONY, anything!

I got taken, but I got taken for a ride, cause these things are still freakin' kickin today!!

Sign me up for the next scam!

Nickyfrmvegas
Unregistered guest
IF they were $50 ea I would own a 911 twin and a 2000 caddy and 04 jeep and a 00 boxter and my wife would drive a jag, but thats only if they were $50 ea. lol
should of bought the PALermo va 6.1 i only pay $35 ea. out of china lol Oh...... u do have to buy 42,000 units a yr to get that price! CAN u count that high? NO? let me help......cant spell,but boy can i count .. $1,470,000 a year in just cost..some of you wont see that in a lifetime.Now you really want to get mad? 42,000 units at $20 a unit Net.That is $840,000 gross a yr! u do the math,becuse we just some (ebijected:-)) fools arnt we lol S.T.F.O PITCH THEM HI' LOOK THEM IN THE EYE AND WATCH THEM BUY!

Nickyfrmvegas
Unregistered guest
and THE MANUFACTORS have a team of atterneys (3 law firms) so watch out! i attacked 1 of these speaker punks and got 120 days and 3 yr probation and i have to pay him $5,000 restatution. man i got screwed 2 times mannnnnnnnnnnnnn this sucks .........should of just gave him the $20 for beer he was asking 4 and the cops gave him back the speakers i payed for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

redmond washington
Unregistered guest
wow I feel stupid, I was just talking to one of my friends telling his about the great deal I got, I was only out 200$ for the 1620 towers, man I felt like an idiot. He was cracking up for 5 minutes. I feel stupid.....but they do sound good

scammed canadian
Unregistered guest
yeah i just picked up a pair of TR2830's yesterday... i really wouldn't have minded getting scammed so much if it wasn't for the fact taht it was actually a buddy of mine from high school, not just an aquintence either... a friend... he might still be on my msn list... i'll see if any of my other friends know where he lives now... should be interesting... i honestly would have never bought them from some dude in a SUV but cause it was an old friend i trusted him. just goes to show you how selfish people in this world can be, o well i'll hookem up some day and see how they sound if i can't get back at this guy soon...

i just found out i've still got his email i need to know CAN the cops do anything about this? cause if i can sting the little bugger i will

Atlanta Pays too Much
Unregistered guest
Scammed in Atlanta. One of them wanted me to find some work for him. He's a designer named Tanner Wilson. Good thing he let his friend do the talking, I called him up and he denied everything (and his story changed before the end of it).

Call him up:
Tanner Wilson
615-830-0740
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us