Wiring Problems

Username: Beng

Post Number: 1
Hi All, I need some advice from u experts, The Bose's AM10 speakers system comes with special cable to connect the module/bass to the receiver, (and not the speakers directly to the receiver) besides the Subwoofer's cable which is RCA the rest will come splited to +/- , while the Yamaha's RX V-1000 receiver instructs that in case of external decorder (can the module be considered as such?) to connect the cables to "PreOut" connectors which are all RCA, and not to the speakers connectors.
Can some1 please advice what's the best way to connect between the two?
BTW. Is the AM10's sub ActiveSub?

Thanks,

Silver Member
Username: Daedilus

Post Number: 121
Negative.

Bose speakers are proprietary, they are 3 ohms which is much too low for any HT receiver.

The Bose AM 10 system has a specialty plug it comes with that plugs into a DB-15 (15 pin D-shaped computer style connector with set screws on either side.)

This plug should be used to input speaker level out of your Yammie receiver into the bose bass module.

You will find each cable is individually labled on this specialty wiring plug.

Please note that this cable also has a RCA line level for the lfe input to the sub in addition to the speaker leads.

I dont like Bose, personaly, for a number of reasons, and this is one, but since you are stuck with them you will just have to deal with the added distortion and loss of definition that comes with sending speaker level out to your Bose amps input. ~sorry.

Upload

Post Number: 2
Hi Michael,
Thanks for the prompt answer, like all things in life one should be ready for some compromises, and this time with my wife that insisted that the speakers wont take much space... :-))
Can you please help me with the connections on the yamaha's side?

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Daedilus

Post Number: 124
Sure Np.

consult figure 6 on page 11 of this manual:

www.bose.com/pdf/customer_service/owners/og_am6_10.pdf

Be sure to use digital inputs from DVD (and tv if available) to your amp so you have true 5 channel DTS sound going out.

Upload

Post Number: 3
Thanks,

just wasn't sure cause as you probably know Yamaha's guide instructs to connect the speakers to the "pre out" (next to the sub at your pic.) so I wasn't sure if I can connect the speakers as u showed in the pic without harming them

Thank again....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us