8 Ohm Speakers 4 Ohm Amp

Anonymous

How can one connect 8 Ohms Speakers into a
4 Ohm Amplifier and would one require more
current(amps) to drive the amplifier or not?

Thanks

Username: Hunter567

London, Wembey England

Post Number: 2
what u need to is u can get a 4 ohms resistans which must be more then watts which is so cheap and easy (serial connection) the second way is u can get a transformators to balance the resistance whic is special just for amplifiers.
but what l can suggest u is just a resistans and connect it carefully (amplifier must be swiched off)and if u know how to connect one capasitor to u speakers just get one for filter...and if u wanna do proper thing use antena cable instead of normal installation one ...hope its all enough for u

Anonymous

Thanks For Your Post onur

But sadly it made no sense to me whatsoever ???????

Anyone care to explain resistans?? etc.. ?

Unregistered guest
When you connect two 8 ohm speakers together in parallel it brings it down to 4 ohms.. You take the positive wires from 2 diff speakers and connect them to 1 of the positive connections on your amp, then you take the 2 negative wires from your speakers and connect them to 1 negative connection on your amp. And then you do the same for the second channel. So with a 2 channel 4 ohm amp you can hook up 2 sets of 2 8ohm speakers.

Unregistered guest
I have never heard of a "resistans"

Unregistered guest
Check out this web site it explains it better then me.
Vern

http://www.bcae1.com/spkrmlti.htm

Noob56
Unregistered guest
Is it possible to connect two sets of four ohm speakers to one four ohm amp if the amp has plenty of power?

Thanks

Unregistered guest
i have a 12 inch 1200 watt 8ohm sub and a 350 watt 4ohm amp. will this work or do i need a new amp.

Unregistered guest
i have a 12 inch 1200 watt 8ohm sub and a 350 watt 4ohm amp. will this work or do i need a new amp.

Unregistered guest

Unregistered guest
"Resistans" is a mispronunciation of the word RESISTOR or Resistance. What I detect is a general lack of knowledge about basic electrical concepts. At the same time I sense that people wish to know what is going on except they do not have anybody who could take the time to teach them in simple ways. I suggest they go to Radio Shack or similar and get a hold of a book on Basic Electronic Principles. They are very simple and a small investment will go a long way. It will teach them to find the answers they are looking for, also to understand what is an "OHM", the basic fomulas for series and parallel circuits, the relations amongst wattage, voltage, current, and resistance, Ohm's basic laws, Direct current and alternate current, etc. It will be fun to learn and very helpful to prevent blowing up a set of speakers...maybe.

Anonymous

'''This section is not for Audio/Video related questions.'''

DID U NOT SEE ABOVE WRITTEN ON THIS SECTION ???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us