Connecting computer DVI to Zenith monitor: need help!

Username: Paxus

Post Number: 1
hello.
I recently purchaced a Zenith HDTV monitor (model c27v36) and it came with a DVI connector. I've been trying to hook it up to my computer (geforce4 ti4200, winXP, 512ram, amd+2600) via DVI but the computer won't recogise it and I get a really bad rolling screen. Any help as to how I would get this to work?

Computer Guy
Unregistered guest
It sounds like either your resolution or refresh rate on your video card is set to something not supported by your TV. You may want to check the TV manual for supported resolutions/refresh rates, but you can also start by hooking it up to a monitor, set it to 1024 x 768 @ 60Hz and see if you then get an image on the TV. Then start to raise the resolution to 1280 x 720 or 1920 x 1080 (if your TV supports that).

On my Samsung DLP TV, I have the resolution set to 1280 x 720 @60Hz, which is the native resolution of the TV. If I try to go to 1920 x 1080, I get the rolling picture you describe.

dubz
Unregistered guest
Nope, the dvi port on your graphic car is different than the DVI found on home theater tv's. they look the same, plug in fine, but don't work. i believe the zenith you have has a RGB input, that should work.

only graphic card i know of that uses a dvi that works with tv's is the radeon 9800 pro, maybe geforce's latest and greatest will work, but last i checked it was just the top of the line radeon
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us