Pioneer elite DV-47txi or DV-59avi

dave
Anyone have a idea if the 59 will be that much of a improvement over the 47? Is it worth the wait or should I just get the 47 or a denon 2200 right now?

Anonymous
dave,
i can't tell you if the pioneer dv59avi will be better than the dv47ai or not due to the fact i've never heard of a dv59txi only a dv57 which is a dvd player/ recorder. as far as the dvd2200 or dv47ai, the 47ai will offer you better video and audio for a bit more money. for a better comparison try the dvd2900 against the dv47ai.
dvd2900 has good audio and video
dv47ai has slightly better video and audio isn't quite as good

Anonymous
DV59-AVi is on www.pioneerelectronics.com

Anonymous
The dv59avi is significantly superior. It has a 14-bit, 216MHz video digital-to-analog converter (DAC)instead of 108MHz/12-bit video processing converter in the dv47ai. The biggest difference is that the 59avi has a Pixel Conversion IC that increases the pixel count from progressive 480 x 720 to high-definition progressive 1280 x 720, or 1920 x 1080i. This is really great as it converts DVDs to essentially HDTV resolution. Also the 59avi has a direct digital interface HD DIGITAL interface (HDMI). The 59avi will be pricey though, I think the MSRP is about $1,6000 with the MAP listed @ $1,300.

Big Adam
Hi,
Has the DV59-AVi been released in the States yet?
I'm in Houston on business next week. The cheapest I can pre-order the UK spec version is £800 (~£1300).
Will I be able to buy a US spec version in store?
Adam

rosebudd
Dave,

The dv59avi will ship mid december and will sell for $1200.00 to $1400.00 us dollars. The advancements between the dv47ai and dv59avi will be as listed . Video section uses 14bit, 216mhz dac with noise shaped video technology, and burr brown pcm1738eg3 audio chipsets, and slight chasis refinement; however, the dvd player will only upconvert it's video from 480x720 to 1280x720 or 1920x1080i when using the hdmi cable with an hdmi compatible tv. This will not pass thru the component video outputs, so output remains at 525p with an elite tv. The audio section has been divided from the video section with their own power supplies for each, this has improved audio & video quality over the dv47ai, also low jitter audio and video clocks have been employed for better performance. I would guess you may see gains of 25% or more (i'm comparing this to the the denon dvd5900 which does look better than the dv47ai in my recent video comparison, specs are pretty much the same for the 5900 and 59avi, denon smokes it on audio, also note no faroudja chipsets, may also be a setback) in video quality, how much is the question. Both are excellent players for under $1500.00. L8R

Anonymous
Dave,
Can you are anyone else out there recommend a reliable on-line source for the DV59-AVi? Thanks.

Anonymous
I bought Pioneer Elite products from SoundPros.com
with no problems. Saved money, and they sent product as described, shipping was fast. You may
want to consider the Pioneer Elite 2 year warranty
may be void if bought from a on-line source. SoudPros does cover their products they sell with
their own warranty.

Raoul Celestin
Unregistered guest
In terms of audio,Is the Pioneer DV59avi a superior product than the Denon DVD 2900?
Also, Is there anyone out there that can tell me if California Audiolab Icon II CD player sound better than the above mentioned players?

Anonymous

Is there any such thing as an HDMI splitter? I have a Sony XBR Grand Wega TV with HDMI input, a Sony HD/ Satellite Box with HDMI and a Pioneer DV59 AVi with HDMI. I would like to be able to take advantage of the HDMI on both the Sat box and DVD, but with out some sort of switch box or splitter, I have to manually change out the connections. Any ideas/ suggestions?

Username: Theatreinstallr

Post Number: 1
Dave If your Thinking of buying a Pioneer Elite your On the right track. Stay away from the denon, (It's a great reciever but the pioneer is much better). The 47 is a very good buy with a street price some were around 2500.00 . The 59 will set you back close to 4200.00 . The 59 has a 9 Channle EQ Were the 47 has a 7 Channle EQ.The 47 is being retired and will not be replaced. so the 59 will se the only THX Ultar 2 Reciever offered from Pioneer Elite. I hope This help's

Username: Gman

Post Number: 141
Walter--Dave mistakenly put the TXi ending on the 47 rather than the AVi which he meant. There never was a 47TXi--just a 47TX. There was a 49TXi with i-link (firewire)

Dave--If you have a Pioneer Elite receiver with i-link the 59AVi is a great choice as is the 47AVi. If you don't have a firewire equipped receiver I would get the Denon 2900 or 5900--or 2200 if that is your budget.

I have both the 2900 Denon and the 47AVi. The Denon is on a downstairs system without firewire and works great and the 47AVi works great with the 49TXi receiver with firewire. I sold the 47AVi and bought the 59AVi. It hasn't arrived yet--so I can't comment. I was able to get it with US warranty for $1100.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us