FTAHQ, TOTALFTA, THETOTALFTA (very Long Post)

Silver Member
Username: Jurj1

Post Number: 497
Found some interesting information that everyone here should be made aware and confirms my suspicions and warnings to stay away from all these sites: Nalin is constantly recommending ftahq, but she does not have all of the facts.
First: (from an Admin at a very reputable site)
"I have talked to ALL parties involved personally
all the way to the very top i will mention NO NAMES so dont ask because after i make this post i forget who i talked too. but it seems
ftahq.c*om is the official 3rd party viewsat software release site i am not a member there, but will be after they finish getting dos ttacked
totalfta.c*om was according to the top brass, hijacked by Vincent Gold, and an attempt to ransom it to viewtech was met with: "we dont know what your talking about, goodbye" so the only other thing HE could do was to try to start totalfta.c*om up again hoping to bring the site back to it's formal glory days, with no help but himself. thetotalfta.c*om was left with most of the mods from the original totalfta.c*om site in an attempt to continue after the hijacking.
i was told it was a rag tag team of very confused mods/admins. this is not a bad thing.. in fact it is very natrual to do when all direction from up top is non existant. people do what they believe is the best thing to do, and at the time it was exactly what they did.
addition after being told how this post could be taken i find it my responsibility to make sure people understand my intention of this post.
i am not endorsing any site. i am simply relaying what the actual powers in charge state..
im not saying its right or its safe or its not right or not safe.. or anything else.
simply ending an arguement whereas 3 different sites claim officail status, when only one actually has it. i simply want people to know who that one is, and hope this ends that particular argument. it appears others know more about the goings on and history of these sites.. so i am not in a position to render any opinion without all the facts. so please dont think that i am."

Second: (A moderator at the same site)
Evaluation for Totalfta.c*om
We have been asked to evaluate totalfta at hxxp://xxx.totalfta.c*om/forums/ . Not only are we looking for any signs of scamming activity by the site owners themselves but we will be rateing the site on many points. It is our understanding and what WE believe is the bottom line is that the partners split and both are trying to keep the total fta name. I want to add
that the current owners were the first to have the name. We as a Team do not care about sponsors or political implications. Nor do we care about squabbles between ex partners. All that matters to us is that the members of the community can feel safe. whatever happened between the Partners is not our concern. Sounds like it just was a messy divorce.

Security
First I would like to start off on talking about security issues. The admins of totalfta have a very impressive server 2 quad core xeon processors , and 20gb's of ram. It is also updated daily. Impressive. The admins form totalfta.c*om choose not to use the old database (although they have it) due to the security holes it had. Also due to the fact the last owners still have it and are useing it to start their own site. Not to mention hackers also have it. We believe that this was the smartest move and all members are required to re-register to gain access to the new forums. The sites listed as being owned by an offshore company in Panama, This is a very good step in preserving the members safety and we like that move. We
believe that this server is advanced and secure. It is offshore. A must these days for an FTA forum of this nature. It looks as though totalfta.c*om has taken every step in assuring their members are as safe and secure as possible when they chose the server and its location ,
not to mention starting from scratch with an oft traded (misused) database and ensuring members will be safe. For this they recieve a score of nine out of ten on site security.
Security Score : Nine out of Ten

Layout and forum content
The Layout of totalfta.c*om consists of these forums
NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
ANNOUNCEMENTS
GENERAL SITE ANNOUNCEMENTS
FRONT PAGE NEWS
LATE BREAKING NEWS FROM THE WILD FREE TO AIR SATELLITE TELEVISION WORLD
PROMOTIONS
CONTESTS AND PRODUCT GIVEAWAYS - CHECK BACK OFTEN
GENERAL CHIT CHAT
WELCOME STATION
INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO EVERYONE - STOP IN AND SAY HELLO
VISITING STAFF FORUM
PRIVATE DISCUSSION FORUM FOR VISITING MODERATORS AND ADMINISTRATORS FROM OTHER SITES
LEGAL NEWS
LEGAL NEWS AND DISCUSSION AS IT HAPPENS - BUSTS, LAWSUITS, LETTERS, MONITORED SITES, ETC.
FREE TO AIR DISCUSSIONS
GETTING STARTED DISCUSSION
BEGIN YOUR FREE TO AIR EXPERIENCE BY READING HERE - GENERAL NEWBIE QUESTIONS BELONG HERE
VIEWSAT DISCUSSIONS
VIEWSAT FTA RECEIVER DISCUSSIONS
SONICVIEW DISCUSSIONS
SONICVIEW FTA RECEIVER DISCUSSIONS
ARIZA DISCUSSIONS
ARIZA FTA RECEIVER DISCUSSIONS
BUZZ DISCUSSIONS
BUZZ FTA RECEIVER DISCUSSIONS
CAPTIVEWORKS DISCUSSIONS
CAPTIVEWORKS FTA RECEIVER DISCUSSIONS
C00LSAT DISCUSSIONS
C00LSAT FTA RECEIVER DISCUSSIONS
CONAXSAT DISCUSSIONS
CONAXSAT FTA RECEIVER DISCUSSIONS
EXTREMEVIEW DISCUSSIONS
EXTREMEVIEW FTA RECEIVER DISCUSSIONS
FORTEC STAR DISCUSSIONS
FORTEC STAR FTA RECEIVER DISCUSSIONS
PANSAT DISCUSSIONS
PANSAT FTA RECEIVER DISCUSSIONS
DVB PCI CARD DISCUSSION
DISCUSS DVB PCI CARD RUNNING ON FTA
GENERAL DISCUSSION
TOPICS NOT COVERED IN OTHER SUBCATEGORIES GO HERE
ADVANCED DISCUSSION
HIGHLY TECHNICAL DISCUSSIONS ONLY - NO BASIC QUESTIONS
FREE TO AIR FILES - READ ONLY
as listed for all the ones above
TRUE FREE-TO-AIR FORUMS - NO "TESTING" MATERIAL
GENERAL FTA DISCUSSION
TRUE FREE TO AIR SATELLITE DISCUSSION
FTA WILD FEEDS
SHARE COOL FREE TO AIR FEEDS AND CHANNELS THAT YOU'VE DISCOVERED
FTA CHANNEL LISTS
CHANNEL LISTS FOR TRUE FREE TO AIR SATELLITE USERS
FOREIGN SATELLITE FORUMS
ARABIC SATELLITE TV
ARABIC FOREIGN SATELLITE DISCUSSION
ASIAN SATELLITE TV
ASIAN FOREIGN SATELLITE DISCUSSION
FRENCH SATELLITE TV
FRENCH FOREIGN SATELLITE DISCUSSION
INDIAN/PAKISTANI SATELLITE TV
INDIAN/PAKISTANI FOREIGN SATELLITE DISCUSSION
POLISH SATELLITE TV
POLISH FOREIGN SATELLITE DISCUSSION
PORTUGUESE SATELLITE TV
PORTUGUESE FOREIGN SATELLITE DISCUSSION
ROMANIAN SATELLITE TV
ROMANIAN FOREIGN SATELLITE DISCUSSION
RUSSIAN SATELLITE TV
RUSSIAN FOREIGN SATELLITE DISCUSSION
SPANISH SATELLITE TV
SPANISH FOREIGN SATELLITE DISCUSSION
GENERAL INTERNATIONAL DISCUSSION
TOPICS NOT COVERED IN OTHER SUBCATEGORIES GO HERE - INTERNATIONAL SATELLITE TV
SATELLITE EQUIPMENT DISCUSSIONs
SATELLITE INSTALLATION HELP
HAVING TROUBLE GETTING A SIGNAL? HAVE SIGNAL BUT IT IS VERY LOW? POST ALL YOUR SETUP RELATED QUESTIONS HERE
SATELLITE DISHES
DISCUSSION OF DIFFERENT TYPES OF SATELLITE DISHES
INSTALLATION TOOLS
DISCUSSION OF SATELLITE TV INSTALLATION TOOLS & ACCESSORIES
LNB (LOW NOISE BLOCK CONVERTER)
DISCUSSION ALL ABOUT SATELLITE LNBS
SATELLITE DISH MOTORS
SATELLITE MOTOR DISCUSSION
DISEQC SWITCHES
DISCUSSION OF DISEQC SWITCHES FOR SATELLITE TV
REMOTE CONTROLS
DISCUSS DIFFERENT TYPES OF REMOTE CONTROLS AND THEIR USES
GENERAL DISCUSSIONS
PRODUCT REVIEWS
POST YOUR REVIEWS ON A PRODUCT YOU RECENTLY PURCHASED
SCAM BUSTERS
HAVING A TRANSACTION RELATED ISSUE WITH A WEBSITE OR ANOTHER INDIVIDUAL? SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES HERE
BUY AND SELL
BUY/SELL/TRADE WITH YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS
FORUM SUGGESTIONS & FEEDBACK
DIRECT ALL YOUR QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS SITE AND FORUM HERE
SPECIALTY FORUMS
LATEST NEWS IN DIGITAL PIRACY AND HACKING
THE LATEST NEWS RELATING TO DIGITAL PIRACY AND ANTI PIRACY AND HACKING COUNTERMEASURES
APPZ & CRACKS
LOOKING TO CRACK SOMETHING? MAYBE WE CAN HELP
GENERAL HACKING GUIDES
IF IT CAN BE HACKED, YOU WILL FIND A GUIDE ON IT HERE
MUSIC & MOVIE TRADING
SHARE THE LATEST ALBUMS AND MOVIES HERE
SATELLITE RADIO DISCUSSIONS
XM AND SIRIUS TERRESTRIAL RADIO DISCUSSIONS
COMPUTER DISCUSSIONS
COMPUTER HARDWARE & SOFTWARE DISCUSSIONS, TROUBLESHOOTING AND TECH. SUPPORT
AUDIOVISUAL DISCUSSIONS
DISCUSS ANYTHING TO DO WITH AUDIO VISUAL EQUIPMENT
WIRELESS DISCUSSIONS
DISCUSS ANYTHING WIRELESS - FROM MOBILE PHONES TO WIFI NETWORKING
MOVIES/TV SHOWS
SEEN ANY GOOD/BAD MOVIES LATELY? LET US KNOW WHAT YOUR IMPRESSIONS WERE. WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN NEXT ON YOUR FAVOURITE TV SERIES?
SPORTING DISCUSSIONS
DISCUSS ANYTHING TO DO WITH SPORTS AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
CONSOLE GAMING
DISCUSS SYSTEMS AND GAMES FROM XBOX, PLAYSTATION, NINTENDO, OR SEGA
MULTIMEDIA DESIGN
GRAPHIC AND WEB SITE DESIGN RELATED DISCUSSIONS
GENERAL CHAT
NON PIRACY RELATED DISCUSSION - KEEP IT CIVIL!
ADULTS ONLY - MUST BE 18 YEARS OR OLDER
GENTLEMAN'S CLUB
POST THE HOTTEST P0RNOGRAPHIC PICTURES HERE - STRAIGHT P0RN ONLY PLEASE
XXX PASSWORDS
GET THE LATEST 0 DAY HACKED XXX PASSWORDS FOR THE BEST P0RN SITES
COMEDY NEST
MAKE US ALL LAUGH OUT LOUD
LADIES ONLY
SPECIAL SECTION FOR OUR CHERISHED FEMALE MEMBERS
CRAZY/FREAKY STUFF
POST ALL YOUR OUTRAGEOUS INSANITY IN HERE
Ok theres the layout. Now the admin has told us that this is evolveing every day to meet the needs. It covers a whole lot for FTA. We where told that they will not be hosting forums on plastic. They do have contests and giveaways Pluss the all important scammers section They file section and help files are current. Even though this virtualy brand new site has had little help the are current. So they recieve a seven out of ten.
Layout and forum content : Seven out of ten.
General attitude/mods/admins
Threads: 1,865, Posts: 5,086, Members: 35,786
Now one has to note that this site has been up for about a week and has this many new members. Thats staggering. They did not import
any members from the old DB (see security above) The mods have their hands full and totalfta.c*om IS recruiting for mods. The immediate
growth they are experiencing is the cause for the admin contacting as many as he knows. He is a bit swamped and we understand why.
We do give them credit for a site being so short staffed and still staying current. We would like to see them get the mods that they need
so they might have more time to socialize with thier members. We forsee this in the future. They are as friendly as they can be for being so
overwhelmed and for this we give them a seven out of ten.

General attitude/mods/admins : seven out of ten.
We want people to know that I have full access to all of the sites forums public and private. We will continue to have access and will monitor
this site and re-evaluate on a monthly basis. My over all thoughts are as such. The site is free of fram scammer activity and secure.
I also know for a fact that this site has no affiliation with Nagrastar. The server is safe and the database is secure. Three of us will constantly monitor this site and will be the first to blow the horn if there is any sign of anything that might be considered shady. We have also taken the position that we don't really care what has transpired between the two partners that used to run this site. Its thier business and its obvious to us that quite possibly both intensions are good. WE DONT CARE ANYMORE. What we can say is total fta.c*om has let us in and allowed us to check out every inch of this site. We spent hours talking to the admins and looking for any reason to say that this site is unsafe to members of the dss community. Therefore we deem that totalfta.c*om IS safe for its members and we want to thank the owners for allowing us to walk freely and take the steps to prove to our community that they are safe. They didnt have to do this but they wanted to. This should speak volumes. For this reason we WILL fly thier banner and they will fly ours.

Now This guy Vince seems to be a shady character which brings to question his site:
I have a question. Vince has gone from a hacker of msn to get contacts and addies for the purpose of wooing site owners and staff to work for him to a good guy that has allowed full access of his site in order to prove he is on the up and up? Never heard that name before in this biz, but I haven't heard them all. So what's Vince's background. What username did he go by before?
(admin)
thats the million dollar question!
and a question no one but vince knows,, or cares to share woowing site owners and staff to work for him is also a big red flag the fact that any site owner would give "full access" to a TOTAL stranger is about the biggest security flaw there is! just because the site db has been hacked in the past doesnt make the site bad or bad security.. the site owner can simply force all users to confirm there pass via forum email.. security flaw closed. i heard that vince had asked a certain hacker to hack thetotal to get its db.. but if hes already got it then??? way too many questions that remain unaswered.
(Mod)
Well hes always been the owner of the domain he was just in the backround. From what I have been hearing is that he originaly started the site. He then took on a partner and collected revenues from the site. There was some sort of disagreameant and the partners split. Bad blood. Now they both want to use the totalfta name because alot of members. But I will say the db that ftahq is useing is public now and not safe.
(Admin)
this is where i have a different view of things
you dont know hes always been the owner,, your taking his word for that. I know the guy who started the site... and thats not him!
i have yet to hear ANY confirmation of any of this from the people i should be hearing about this from..and another thing,,. i know pretty much everyone there is to know, and have known them for a long time..---why dont i know vince?

Now my personal research has the following which is strange and why I strongly recommend all stay away from all of these sites.

the front page of ftahq.c*om resolves to (190.34.160.187)
190.0.0.0 - 190.255.255.255
Latin American and Caribbean IP address Regional Registry
Rambla Republica de Mexico 6125
Montevideo,
UY

the forums: forums.ftahq.c*om resolves to(74.52.184.211)
74.52.0.0 - 74.54.255.255
ThePlanet.com Internet Services, Inc.
1333 North Stemmons Freeway
Suite 110
Dallas, TX
US

Technical Support
admins@theplanet.com
+1-214-782-7800
WOW LOOK AT THAT IN DALLAS now who would go through the trouble of haveing the front page offshore and haveing the rest of the forums easily accsesable in the states!!!!!! to me it's enough proof Why would they diliberatly try to make you think its out of the country when its not... why??? Who would do such a thing???? could it beeee. N A G R A Only the home page is on the offshore server, everything else including files are located on the server in the states. Why???

Conversely if you compare that information with a known legit site like future-fta, their site forums and all are located in France.

totalfta.co*m is also located in France, but I am very untrustworthy of the person who owns the site and therefore would not recommend either

Silver Member

Post Number: 498
Some more info on this: Not sure if this is true, but it gives a timeline of events

1, Vince does own totalfta, he is also the one posting all the files on his site (fact, vince gold's msn is totalfta@live.ca, the FTA Insider admin at his site also has same msn, hmmmmmm

2, Vince always owned totalfta, his boss didnt want to be too close to site so HIRED him to get sitwe and look after it

3, Vince then wanted more and more and more money, his boss got fed up and fired him

4, Vince still had totalfta site in his name, tried again for more money, this time through extorsion

5, negotiations with vince and ex boss continued for months, till vince redirect trafficx to new server where he began making a new total

6, vince' ex boss started got new name and reset up the forum ( vince did not have database anymore)

7, Vince still had access to ex boss' email (ya not swift there) got huge chunk of info, how much is not entirely known.

8, vince recruiting members through email and msn

9, Vince' ex boss, owner of now ftahq get in contact with Thirdparty coders to get banner added, linking coders to site (not viewsat)

Silver Member

Post Number: 501
bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us