Samsung HLP5063WX Video issues and color stripes.

Username: Hect7369

Post Number: 1
Upload

Hope to see the attached pic.

I think color wheel and lamp,are working.Set runs quiet.No matter which inputs I used,same thing.A faulty DMD board or engine?

Any ideas,will be appreciated.

I'll try to fix it,myself..

Thanks for your time.

Post Number: 3
Also,I forgot..Pic.looks like a wet colors into the video...Have you guys seen this before?

Gold Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 1059
Try a different source...like a DVD.
(just need to rule out a cable or sat box)
If a DVD looks the same it's most likely the digital board.

That's some weird stuff going on at her forehead!

Post Number: 4
Thanks for your reply,FYI

I tried all inputs,as well,not good.

Is digital board same as DMD board,as you mentioned??

Thanks,for your time..

Gold Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 1060
They're two different boards.
The digital board tells the DMD what to display.
The DMD (digital micromirror device) is on the light engine.

My apologies for having stated the two together.

Username: Jscott75

I have the same problems with my 3 month old 50" Samsung. I contacted the service group today. I will let you know what I find out.

Post Number: 6
Scott,thanks for the input.

Post Number: 2
I spoke with Samsung again today. I couldn't explain the problem so I emailed them your picture. The service tech said she has never seen this problem before. The nearest approved technician is 70 miles away so I have to wait 7-10 more business days before someone comes out. I will keep you informed.

Username: Big_o

i got the same problem,i have green stripes coming from the left side of the screen,i notice when i change the screen size from wide to 4:3 it stops try that for a temp fix

Post Number: 7
OC,thanks for your reply..hope Scott,bring us good news.

Post Number: 4
The service guys called me yesterday evening around 6:30pm and asked if they could come out and take a look at my tv.

Two guys showed up about 10:15pm. One of the guys was 60ish walking with a cane and the other guy was about 30 and wearing a Haverty's furniture shirt. I really think they thought they could simply change the lamp and be on their way. When I showed them the problem, the older guy mumbled something and told me he would call me next week to let me know what he found out. They were in and out of my house within 10 minutes and didn't even attempt to fix anything.

Summary: these guys knew less about the tv than I did.

I will keep you posted with further developments. I probably will wait until a few days into next week and call Samsung back if noone has called me back.

Post Number: 8
thank soo you Scott..to upsdate us, regarding this issue..This is going to be as reference to new post member.

Username: Samsungblues

Post Number: 3
I purchased a HLP 5663w 8-04. Set had problems from the start. Took approx. 4 weeks to repair after having the thing only 2 months or so. Vertical white lines appeared on the screen. Had to replace board 3 times to repair.

Now the light engine has gone out....this was a $2400 set and they expect $1200 to repair?!?! Have talked with Samsung repeatedly and they refuse to stand behind their product.

Username: Rayrobinson

Richmond, VA USA

My Samsung 61" DLP HL-P6163W has experienced the same problems described in this forum. I first experienced a problem after one year from purchase. The set would shut-off or the picture would go Black with no sound; weird noises from electronics and fan surging. It took four weeks to fix. Less then a year later it failed again; this time it shut-off and never came on again; prior to shutting off the display became pixilated, lost color and blinked out; I had no control using remote or power button on the set. The service center tried repeatedly to fix it over a four MONTH period before Best Buy Warranty would replace it. I don't think I want to invest in this DLP technology again, for the size and cost it was a good buy but the length of service is awful.

Post Number: 5
Bad news for those who were looking for a resolution to this problem. 3 months after I reported the issues to Samsung, they have decided to do a direct exchange. They did not diagnose the problem.

I can exchange my TV for any TV in Best Buy. I will have to pay the difference in costs if there is one.

I checked the floor model in Best Buy of the exact same tv except this year's model. The very same problems were beginning to appear on this floor model. I pointed it out to the salseman. He claimed he's never noticed it before and that it was probably a random and uncommon problem that had someting to do with the graphics processor. The problem isn't random and uncommon enough for me to take another chance on Samsung.

FYI...I did not notice this issue on any of the 1080p Samsung machines.

Username: Neno09

Edmonton, Alberta Canada

My 4 years old 50" Samsung DLP HL-N5065WAA has experienced the same problems described in this forum. I already replaced the color wheel and a lamp. Now this problem arouses, which points to a faulty Digital board.

Does anyone know the product code for this Digital board in my TV, so that I can do a search and find out how much it's going to cost me. I live in Canada.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us