Having problems with Toshiba SD2800 DVD player

Anonymous
The basic problem that I am having with this player (Toshiba SD2800) is when scenes cut from being very bright down to very dark, such as when there are flashes of lightning. I noticed the problem about 2 months ago, at first I thought it might be my TV but I tried other DVD players on it and they had no problems. It seems like the player is actually dropping the signal on the way to the TV because the video 1 indication will show up on the screen. It was very bad using component cables, I am now using S-Video and its not as bad, I figure it might go away completely if I use a composite cable, but I don't really want to use that kind of cable unless I have to. Has anyone else had this problem either with this player or another? Is there anything I can do to fix it? I have tried a lens cleaner but it did nothing to help. Any information would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!
JakeBoB

Anonymous
What does the display "ROM NG" mean? I watched a movie last night, and it was fine. Then this morning, I went to take the DVD out of the player, and that message showed up. Now none of the buttons will work, and I've even tried turning it off and back on again.

Anonymous
I'm having the same problem with my sd-2800. It also won't play some DVD's (like Enigma and Braveheart). Any solutions? I even returned it to the point of purchase, got a new one, and still have the same problems. I also thought it might be the TV.

I have a Toshiba DVD SD-2800 player connected to the TV using a S-Video cable. The player worked for about a year. I hit a couple of remote controls one morning and the picture started rolling like on an older TV. This TV is relatively new and there is no horizontal control.
I am unable to reverse the button sequence.

I have turned the player off and unplugged the unit hoping that some kind of reset would occur.

I hooked the DVD to another TV.

In both cases the picture continued to roll.

Buck
i recently started to have the picture flicker problem also. i can actually see flashes of what looks like the sides of a roll of film. i have been trying to find informational site such as this to see if anyone knows of a fix, or if the unit has to be scrapped. i had owned it for one year, almost to the day, when it started to happen. it is not a problem w/your TV! i am taking it in to the dealer this week, if any of you check this site, i will update w/their answer.

Anonymous
I have a SD 2800 which stoped working after a recent storm. The power light, doesnt even show up and I cant extract the DVD currently in the player. This is the only prodcut that I have that stopped working (while on a surge protector with other stereo products)after this storm. I have swithed out the fuse with no luck. What is the best thing to do or what could it be? And how do I get the DVD out of it?

Anonymous
I'm having the same message in my DVD player "ROM NG". If any one knows please post a answer. To the person who needs to get the DVD out: unscrew the four screws holding the metal case. Remove the metal case. Unscrew two golden screws holding a metal piece with the circle in the middle. Remove. You should have full access to the video now. Toshiba customer service is a nightmare to deal with!

Anonymous
Mine is in the garbage. Worked for 15 months. I got a panasonic dvd s55.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us