Fortecs are working...

Silver Member
Username: Mc_sunny

Post Number: 105
I saw it on spanish web site... is's true (ftatesters.org) They put a viewsat bin on Fortec and Lava 3200.

Username: Cricpower

Post Number: 6
If there are any Spanish people who can check out the website and see what's going on..

Silver Member

Post Number: 106
Fix for CLONES (with Conexiant Processor) Pansat 2500, Lavas 3200, Fortecs...

SO HERE I AM GONA TELL YOU THAT THIS IS NOT FIX FOR REAL PANSAT.THIS ONLY FOR THOSE RECIVERS THAT HAVE CONEXANT CHIP INSTALL IN IT(BIG CHIP AND IT
SHOULD BE RITTEN ON IT CONEXANT).IF YOU HAVE THE HEAT SINK INSTALL ON IT TRY TO REMOVE IT WITH THE HEAT GUN OR WITH SOLDER WITHOUT DAMMAGING THE CHIP OR TINY LEGS,THEN INSTALL BACK THE HEAT SINK.THEN CHECK IF IT SAYS CONEXANT THEN DO THE REST AS IN THE READ ME FILE .THIS THE WAY HOW YOU GONA TURN YOUR CLONE RECEIVERS TO VIEWSAT XTREAM..
GOOD LUCK

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 480
Yes, Fortec is a Pansat clone. No fix for Pansat, therefore no fix for its clones.

Bronze Member
Username: Asharfi

Post Number: 16
lol

Silver Member
Username: Johnner

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 484
Viewsat Boot Code 0000 ->Reboot Process
Remove the cover of the box, and switch the two jumpers from the left hand
side to the right hand side... (As shown in picture.)
Upload

1D Connect the power supply to receiver (but donft turn on the power of the
receiver), and connect the null modem cable (2-3, 3-2, 5-5) to the
computer.
2D Open the tool file STC-ISP V31.exe located in the gstc.rar
g directory/files, it will then look like this:

Silver Member

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 485
Upload

Silver Member

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 486
3D Click the button
Upload
Ctesting the series port
connection status and then click the below buttonC

Silver Member

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 487
Upload
Then turn on the power supply and get the below firmware.

Silver Member

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 488
Upload
3DChoose the correct MCU type, choose the MCU: STC12C1052 first, if
upgrading is not successful, then you can choose MCU: STC12C2052,
upgrade again, as follows:

Silver Member

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 489
Upload

And then click the button "Open File" to choose the boot file

Silver Member

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 490
Upload
And the file isFviewasm(boot)Cafter confirm it. And then turn off the power to
the receiverc.

Silver Member

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 491
Upload
Click the button gDownloadhCand then turn on power again to get the below
firmware:

Silver Member

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 493
Upload
If the above message window shows:
"Program OK", "Verify OK "that means reboot successful.

Silver Member

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 494
Upload
After reboot, turn off the power, and replace the jumpers to their normal left
hand side position. After you finish the above steps, the receiver can be
upgraded to the latest patch file release. IE: DBPSW_060607A_XTREME
We will continue to release updates/patch solutions as required. This is a FIRST! For the
Conexiant Processor Type Patches... per Wang.

Silver Member

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 495
http://www.hash hu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97223

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

#1 5 Days Ago
SLR2005
Registered User Join Date: Oct 2005

Fix for (CLONES with Conexiant Processor) Pansat 2500, Lavas 3200, Fortecs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS IS COPY AND PASTE FROM ANOTHER SITE AND UNTESTED BY ME.......

Fix for (CLONES with Conexiant Processor) Pansat 2500, Lavas 3200, Fortecs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awww....look who beat some of the big boys! lol

I understand this is working, however is untested by me.

Have fun.

CLONES ONLY!!!

Edit: It only works on the Viewsat Clones.

PanTecVE | MARK X.
---------------------------------------------
http://www.has hhu.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28312&d=1156231229

http://www.has hhu.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28313&d=1156231229

Silver Member
Username: Herb_toker

POTTSVILLE, GRASSLANDS GREEN--LAND

Post Number: 133
Johnner thanks for the posts some of the best info in months if it works.Heres a twist,Wish i had bought a clone.

Silver Member

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 496
LOL I know, I'm trying to get a friend to try it with out forcing him but, I guess everybody is a bit skeptical about it.
I use to own a 2500a if I still had it I would have tried it already.

Silver Member

Post Number: 134
Wont work on a 2500a only the CLONES with Conexiant Processor.Found all the files but there version 3.5 It looks the same as version 3.1.Said version 3.1 in the download but its v3.5.If i had one id be trying too.

Silver Member

Post Number: 135
http://www.mcu-memory.com/datasheet/stc/stc-isp-v3.5-setup/stc-isp-v3.5-setup.ex e

Link to the files

Bronze Member
Username: Djibo75

Post Number: 18
Hi Guys,

Have you any idea about Fortec classic ?

Regards

Silver Member

Post Number: 140
I got an idead of what id like to do with it but you might get offended if i told what i was thinking.

Bronze Member
Username: Djibo75

Post Number: 21
Hi Big_fat,

Not obliged to tell anymore, cause I understood what you want to say

Regards

Silver Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 343
Many people need the following simple lesson:
1. A BIN works on a particular CPU inside the receiver.
2. When a fix comes out, the fix is really for the CPU that is inside the receiver it is supposed to work on.
3. Fixes will be easy for other receivers with the same CPU.
4. For the fix designed for a particular CPU to work on another CPU is a major undertaking.

Bronze Member
Username: Lionking

Post Number: 24
Nalin you are saying that the above fix will not work

Silver Member

Post Number: 143
Were talking chipsets here.
A bios chip and a cpu.Conexiant chip sets only.

Want to try the above but dont have the receiver to work on.

The above is going to reprogram the bios chip its not the bin file.When you run STC-ISP V31.exe it changes the codes in bios like a motherboard bios update.Then you can run the loader for a viewsat on it,the bin file is like the os on your computer like xp or os2.Havent tried but thats my best guess.Wish i had one to try on.

Silver Member

Post Number: 144
Everything gets written to the bios chip.Like a computer the bios or built in operating system can be updated so newer stuff will work.

Example:My computer wouldn't run the processor i bought.Had to run a cpu code update which is different than a bios update and now it reconized the cpu.When i tried to install xp with sp2 it kept locking up during install. I found I had to updated bios as well on the motherboard and wallah.Standard stuff when you build your own.

Silver Member

Post Number: 344
Honking: Theoretically CLONES with Conexiant Processor should be able to run the Viewsat fix. The practical aspect of it is fairly difficult, except for the experienced. The conversion at source from a Buzz to a Sonicview has worked, because it was done by experienced people at source and they made it deliberately receptive to the new Viewsat BIN
For clones with other CPUs there have been suggestions of modifiying them, but in general the task is expremely difficult. If there is an emulator of the Conexiant Processor, it would be a step ahead, but speed suffers and the result might be disappointing. People with experience and knowledge of how to reawaken their receiver should attempt. Others should wait for more concrete expereince from the testers.

Silver Member

Post Number: 151
Its as simple as flashing bios on you computer.It was a year or so before an 10 years since i became brave enough to try for my first time on an old 500mhz p2.Now its standard for all the new ones i build.Dont recomend any one else try this unless your experienced at flashing bios and know exactly which chips you have.The programe being in chineese makes it that much tougher but if i had one a would definatly attempt to NOT fry it.

Silver Member

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 498
Big_Fat_J :

I don't get it what type of "Processor" does the Pansat 2500a and Lavas 3200 have?
Is it not a Conexiant Processor?

Silver Member

Post Number: 109
1) Download the files in connection...the connexial loader for most units. (The MCN setting will be determined by the chip in your stb, you may have to play with this feature, many different chips...read the file it tells you to play with the setting to get er done)

2) Do you remember in the beginning when you had to load a boot file??? hummm, maybe so you non-testers, instead of the BL 6.0 fortec/pansat try loading the boot file for the viewsat as indicated in the readme...

3) Now, once the boot file is loaded you can easily load the latest file that is existing for the stbs...in this case the file is the viewsat...first hackers and rulers this round of changes.

4) once you do that let 'er rip just like you used to in the days of coming to the alter of whatever file that may be...all you need to remember is the bootfile to support the hack...

5) Don't shoot me I am only the messenger but, it works...hack on brothers...and don't be afraid to test...the only one that will be pissed is the dealer...long live FTA...

these are the files used

Viewsat clone boot patch.zip
includes the following:
Conexient-IC-Programmer_STC-4SPV31a.exe
viewasm(boot).hex

installing viewsat boot patch.zip
includes the following
installing viewsat boot patch.pdf

DBPSW_060814ES_PLATINUM.zip

Silver Member

Post Number: 157
Everyone get this straight.Pansat and fortec and most clones use the ST5518 processor.

The files and discusion are for Pantec ve and some clones that have a Conexiant Processor.You can see its a CONEXIANT.I says on the processor-CONEXIANT-.al7bar has the files necessary in the pantec download section.Along with a pdf instructions.Its the same as the pics Johnner posted.You can see the processor in the pdf Johnner kinda croped the first pick with the jumpers.

AGAIN THIS IS FOR CLONES THAT HAVE THE CONEXIANT PROCESSOR ONLY. IT WILL NOT WORK WITH ST5518.

Theres a receiver claiming its a VS clone on ebay with the correct chips for $79.00Free shipping.I may get one to try this.Hes got like 600 of them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 158
This thread was titled wrong.

IT SHOULD HAVE READ>
Some CLONE Fortecs are working ONLY with CONEXIANT PROCESSOR.

Silver Member

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 499
Now everything stats to make sense!
So that's provably the reason why
CaptiveWorks CW 600s
has the fix almost 2 weeks ago.

Feature List:
Full Onscreen TV Guide (EPG)
160 MHz Conexant Processor
16 Mb SDRAM for Fastest Channel Changing
Auto Smart Satellite Search
Auto DiSEqC setting
High Sensitivity QPSK Tuner
Brilliant On Screen Graphics
Small Picture in Graphic with Zoom
Multi Timer Function
S-Video Output
4:3, 16:9: Pan & Scan and Letter Box
Easy-to-use User Interface
4000 Channel Programmable
100 Satellite Programmable

CX Kround V11.19 CW600 Premiun
bin for captive works 600 :

http://www.dss central.net/files/uploads/CX_KroundV11.19CW600Premiun.zip

Silver Member

Post Number: 160
Heres the clone and specs.
Notice the simularity.

New skyview Rx600
Feature List:

- Full Onscreen TV Guide (EPG)
- 160 MHz Conexant Processor
- 16Mb Flash ROM for Fast Channel Changing
- Auto Smart Satellite Search
- Auto Diseqc setting.
- High Sensitivity QPSK Tuner
- Brilliant On Screen Graphics
- Small Picture in Graphic with Zoom
- Multi Timer Function
- S-Video Output
- 4:3, 16:9: Pan & Scan and Letter Box
- Easy-to-use User Interface
- 4000 Channel Programmable
- 100 Satellite Programmable
- 1 Year Warranty

US $79.99

immediate payment required
Best Offer
End time: Aug-27-06 10:00:00 PDT (2 days 21 hours)
Shipping costs:
FREE
Expedited Flat Rate Shipping Service
Ships to: United States
Item location:ca.
Quantity: 100 available

Silver Member

Post Number: 345
Honking: Read what Big_Fat_J said earlier.
"AGAIN THIS IS FOR CLONES THAT HAVE THE CONEXIANT PROCESSOR ONLY. IT WILL NOT WORK WITH ST5518."
The processor you have is most probably ST5518. So stay away from all these changes. Even if you had a CONEXIANT PROCESSOR the procedure is daunting.

Silver Member

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 502
Nalin Nyda:
Nobody is arguing that is just a simple way to look at the situation, the solution seems to be easier for CONEXIANT PROCESSOR than for the rest.

Silver Member

Post Number: 161
Only possible with the conexiant cause that whats in a VS and SV and cw600 rw600.Also pantec VE(viewsat extreme) some clones and all the new ones.Even pansats newest(5000hv something like that) has that chipset and thats why there working.Except pansats.

Silver Member

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 504
It has to be why, but I do not think Viewsat is working for all of them I believe that the chipsets being so alike it is relativity easier to retrofit them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 348
Johnner: You seem to minimize the difference between receivers with or without conexiant processor. I think the DIFFERENCE IS PROFOUND. This is what I said earlier and I will stand by that unless you can prove otehrwise.
"For clones with other CPUs there have been suggestions of modifiying them, but in general the task is expremely difficult."

Silver Member

Post Number: 162
The program wont harm anyones box.It will only give you an error message on a box with STi5518 like failed to connect or like that.In japinease.But it will damage a conexiant if used incorrectly.

Silver Member

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 505
Nalin Nyda:
I agree with you, but I'm so desperate for TV right now that if I had A Fortec, Pansat 2500a or Lava 3200 I would have tried it already.

Silver Member

Post Number: 111
i am gonna open my box up and see if i have that CONEXIANT PROCESSOR...if it does i am gonna try my best to do it...if it dosn't work or it does work u guys will know about it as soon i am done with this shi*t..just say good luck to me lolz i dont care i am gonna buy viewsat..if i messed up my reciever

Silver Member

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 507
LOL Good luck!

Silver Member

Post Number: 163
Nalin Nyda your saying the same thing there saying on the other sites.It is testing and only repeating what others say.Its no harder than flashing a bin just different and takes about 3 min when you know what to click on.Everyone is so affraid there going to damage there box and probably would but some ppl have made this work.

The problem here is not enough true testers and to many free tvers.To many ppl that wouldnt know a cpu from a resistor.The program ,even if it was in english would be mind boggleing to most.Then too you have to run the VS loader program and theres another step someone would have to explane.

So in a sence your right.But like the rest of the nasayers its just over your head obviously.

Silver Member

Post Number: 350
Johnner: After reading a lot of threads, and unless you want to go for ROM 102 (I don't recommend that route), your best buy today seems to be a Sonicview SV1000. It will take a new Viewsat BIN comfortably, because the makers want it that way.
If you ALREADY have a receiver with a conexiant CPU AND you are comfortable with playing around with uploads and changes, you might try it, but read Big_Fat_J's caution above.

Silver Member

Post Number: 164
Mc Sunny it says in the back of the owners manual and on the processor if it doesnt have a heat sink .If its sti5518 which it probably is dont bother youll just be waisting your time.And you just may find a way to damage it.Notice too that there are no jumpers in the pansats or anything else running sti5518

Silver Member

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 509
Nalin Nyda:
If in a couple of weeks nothing has come up I'm going for a 102 but, still using my receiver a Pansat 3500sd.

Silver Member

Post Number: 352
Big_Fat_J : I fully appreciate and acknowledge your knowledge in this area. Unlike dsstester and other sites, this site is less for testers to come to and more for ordinary people to get going after the last ECM. Some of these people are getting desparate, and are likely to fry their one and only receiver. That is what I am trying to caution people about.

Silver Member

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 510
Big_Fat_J :
That has been a problem "not enough true testers and to many free tvers" but mainly Viewsat and Pansat are too be blain for it if more information in how to fix EMCs can reach more people a lot of different and more complete fixes would have been out.

Silver Member

Post Number: 112
well i am trying on fortec right now if it does work will try on my pansat too

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4116
c&p

Well, it is apparent that this file does work, as it was originally meant for the Pantec to be able to load a viewsat file. It is not a new file, it is an old file when Pantec could not take their finger out of the azz.

Now, we have a situation where only the viewsat file is working, as everyone can see. There will be many doubters because the normal free-tver is so worried about messin' up their boxx that they automatically bash.

The true tester will make this work and here are the steps to take...

as you can remember in the beginning of FTA, we had numerous boot files..you first have to load the boot file for the viewsat to be able to load the any viewsat file...why you may ask, because the .pgm will not load on a different boot file by any other code maker. The FLU had many bootfiles to load prior to making an initial load and they still changed.

.pgm, when I first saw the file I knew who the coder was, I didn't have to worry about clone kills, or any other aspect of loading a file. Why because have been a tester for many years. I knew the files were similiar and there are differences in the compremise each must make to defeat the ECM however, in keeping with tradition most hope to be a success by targeting each others defeat. In this circumstance many seemed to have vowed to let the dealer succeed. Well, the fix is in for everyone...do not worry about clones as everyone using a unit and loading the same file is a clone...Did you hear what I said,???, everyone loading a file is only cloning someone elses success. If charlie wanted to, he could kill every box as it sits and lock it up to see no tomorrow.

Now, I know I will be bashed here but, who really cares among a bunch of free-tvers who are afraid to test or make a difference between today or tomorrow. The problem with most of the non-existint hack is users continue to be breast feed by mama... put you mind in action and let the rest be itself.

Blacklist cannot make every hack for every ECM, sometimes help is needed, I know I have worked with the hack of an ECM before...here are the steps for getting you FLU up and running...

1) Download the files in connection...the connexial loader for most units. (The MCN setting will be determined by the chip in your stb, you may have to play with this feature, many different chips...read the file it tells you to play with the setting to get er done)

2) Do you remember in the beginning when you had to load a boot file??? hummm, maybe so you non-testers, instead of the BL 6.0 fortec/pansat try loading the boot file for the viewsat as indicated in the readme...

3) Now, once the boot file is loaded you can easily load the latest file that is existing for the stbs...in this case the file is the viewsat...first hackers and rulers this round of changes.

4) once you do that let 'er rip just like you used to in the days of coming to the alter of whatever file that may be...all you need to remember is the bootfile to support the hack...

5) Don't shoot me I am only the messenger but, it works...hack on brothers...and don't be afraid to test...the only one that will be pissed is the dealer...long live FTA...

btw, I got the FLU 2004/04 running all channels...get 'er done...

don't ask me know questions, it is as plain as day...read the readme, you free-tvers...I am not going to walk you through you on each step, read and succeed

these are the files they used

Viewsat clone boot patch.zip
includes the following:
Conexient-IC-Programmer_STC-4SPV31a.exe
viewasm(boot).hex

installing viewsat boot patch.zip
includes the following
installing viewsat boot patch.pdf

DBPSW_060814ES_PLATINUM.zip

Yes sir, those are the files which are originally meant for the pantec to convert to a viewsat. Their are numerous chip sets list with the program...you can test the compatibility prior to loading by selecting the Test Option in the lower right corner prior to loading...if you PC is not chinese compatible it will be the tab with the ??MCU?? this will tell you if you are compatible so you do not screw you bocx up

btw my box was the 5518 as well
what MCN setting did you use with the 5518?
I loaded with a 2052 setting the second choice and I have a slow computer to do it with a r232 cable

Silver Member

Post Number: 353
Lk has given detailed instructions in the C/P above. Sunday is nearly over. I hope whoever is going to try the change has said his prayers properly in Church or Temple today! You are going to need His help too.

Silver Member

Post Number: 165
Nalin Nyda your so right ppl will fry there chit.
You can see from the CP above why i said only repeating what others say.Youll see it doesnt say whether sti5518 works. Your first clue should be no jumpers.
Most are saying that there is no MCU # for the sti5518.If you could find that file then maybe?

Bronze Member
Username: Haxor

Post Number: 34
whats the big deal. it took longer to download the files than it did to apply to fix. this is not a tough hack by any means, especially if you can read chinese

Silver Member

Post Number: 166
Hank Trossy how about a little clairity there.What did you do?

Silver Member

Post Number: 354
He had kept his tongue in his cheek, when he posted.

Silver Member
Username: Birdwatcher

Post Number: 335
who gives a f.uck about whoretec

Bronze Member
Username: Zainmalik

Calgary, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 37
i have panasat 2500a but i dont know its clone or not

any help

Silver Member

Post Number: 167
Need to put a lock on this thread like they have at every other site cause its going nowhere like every other site.I think im just BS'N myself.Damn time for fat one and bed.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
As mentioned before there will be no detailed fix for the coksuckers in this forum. I'm suprised someone even posted it here. you guys aren't testers, you're free-loaders and bottom-feeders and in-breeders. I'll be singing the Hawk of Lebanon before I post the details.

Silver Member
Username: Morispastora

Thunder bay, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 140
Hank Trossy ,You just open your mouth,
If you are so smart... Go to sing the Hawk of Lebano there.
Everybody a genius now,nobody did something here that fixed was bough,

Silver Member

Post Number: 141
Hank Trossy ,You just open your mouth,
If you are so smart... Go to sing the Hawk of Lebanon there.
Everybody a genius now,nobody did something here that fixed was bough.......,

Silver Member

Post Number: 168
Yeah thats preaty much the answer at all sites.Lots of talk and no answers.Its like day one when you asked how to use gtools.Unless you figured it out for your self you where sool.But through me one more clue and i think ill have it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
alright its pretty easy and I was just looking for a fight.

hookup your fortec/clone via serial.
transfer the last known good bin over to verify everything is working.
get the mcu loader and viewsat hex and bin from dsstester.
open the mcu loader its all chinese.
select your STB chip.
open viewsathex and download to receiver.
download the latest viewsat fix to receiver.
you should know the rest.

Silver Member

Post Number: 144
I don't have a fortec clone .How come spend 75 dll?.
Solution buy a viewsat if are so desperate.
Evereybody is playing hardball.
I will wait for a more viable test..
The fix was made for VS and all its clones..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
well don't spend the 75 dll
I wouldn't either
My pansat didn't work but had other tuners lying around that belong to friends.
fixed only one out of 4
NO CONEXIANT = NO FIX
PASTORA = Watching all my children and days of our lives

Username: Jerry711

Throop, Pa. U.s.

Post Number: 1
what kind of prosseser in nov.2004 fortec ultra??

Silver Member
Username: Bazuka2020

Post Number: 462
What is the conclusion:

Did any one get the TV back after doing all the above. Please post your results

Throop, Pa. U.s.

Post Number: 2
cmon first time i posted here i been litening to u people for a long time esp lk

Silver Member

Post Number: 169
MUST HAVE CONEXIANT.
And jumpers.

Throop, Pa. U.s.

Post Number: 4
thanks but dont know what type of prosseser i got first conversation i have had on comp. besides e mail this topic got me exicited

Silver Member

Post Number: 148
Hanh Trossy;
There are many soap writers at every forums.
They write like this; I tried with my friend's receiver and that worked. I didn't on my because I don't have one.nothing in concrete.

Silver Member

Post Number: 464
gerald,
open the box try reading whats written on the processor

Throop, Pa. U.s.

Post Number: 6
silver cover on processor

Throop, Pa. U.s.

Post Number: 7
i did silver cover on it thanks cant get it off y does this stuff work

Silver Member

Post Number: 356
Guys. You should know that this Hank Trossy is lying to you all. On 19th August he posted the following:
'Well the solution is don't buy a pansat. I had luck with them for a while but managed to trade and sell them a few months back when it looked like viewsats were a better choice. Now I'm only stuck with one Pansat clone 3500SD. I use it for true FTA and locals.'
Now he is trying to tell you that he converted his not so loved Pansat clone 3500SD to work with a Viewsat BIN.
Most of his other posts are trash or profanity.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
r u stoned. did you read what I said nadya you troll. It said I fixed one out of 4 from ones I had around. I have a viewsat, works fine, have a 3500 SD in the basement, however I have 4-5 other recivers from friend/relatives/customers that are sitting here waiting for the pansat fix. one of those was a conexiant. why the hell would I give bad info. that was your job. this honestly took under 5 minutes.

AND MORINS OPEN YOUR DAMN MANUAL. THE CPU IS ON THE LAST PAGE !!! NOBODY TOLD YOU TO OPEN IT OR PULL THE HEATSINK. THAT WOULD BE INFO YOU GET FROM LOSER NYDA. IF IT SAYS ST8815 OR SOMETHING YOUR JUST LIKE NALIN AND STUCK WITH A SILVER BOX!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
just as predicted nalin nadya crawled back inside his mothers hole and shut the fock up.

next time you cut and paste my posts make sure you read the hole thing you trash troll

Username: Tabbas

Post Number: 8
guys, i am not an expert on the stuff you talking about, but i have couple questions, i hope somebody can answer them for me.. and thanks in advance,
1- i have Fortec reciever, and i tried all the keys in the world non of them are working. so how can i get the new bin for it and how i install it.
2 looks like some recievers are working and some not, can somebody tell me which one is working now, and does work for all international and american channels, or just local ones..

Bronze Member
Username: Maxtrep2

Post Number: 18
Fortec Lifetime Ultra Specs
Specification Value
DIGITAL TUNER & DEMODULATOR
Input Connector F-type, IEC169-24, Female
Input Frequency Range 950 MHz to 2150 MHz
Loop Throughput 950 MHz to 2150 MHz
Input Impedance 75 ohm
Signal Level -25 to -65dBm
LNB Power 13/18 V DC, 500mA Max.
22 KHz Tone Frequency: 22 ± 2 KHz Amplitude: 0.6 ± 0.2 V
DiSEqC Control Version 1.0 & 1.2
Demodulation QPSK
Input Symbol Rate 2-45 Ms/s, SCPC/MCPC
FEC Decoder Convolution Code Rate 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6, and 7/8
DiSEqC USALS Compatible

SYSTEM MEMORY
Main Processor Sti 5518ST20 32 bit
CPU Clock 81MHz
Flash Memory 1 Mbytes
SDRAM 8 Mbytes
EEPROM 32 Kbytes
Channel memory Digital channels: 3,000
Multi-Language Menu
(Varies by Region) English / Spanish / French / German / Portuguese / Russian / Arabic / Turkish
Remote Control IR remote control (carrier Freq: 38 KHz)
MPEG TRANSPORT STREAM & A/V DECODING
Transport stream MPEG-2 ISO/IEC 13818 Transport Stream Specification
Profile Level MPEG-2 MP@ML
Input Stream Max. 90Mbits/s
Aspect Ratio 4:3, 16:9
Frame Rate 25 Hz for PAL, 30 Hz for NTSC
Video Resolution 720 x 576(PAL) 720 x 480(NTSC)
Teletext Through VBI / OSD
Audio Decoding MPEG Layer I & II
Audio Mode Single channel / Dual channel / Joint stereo / Stereo
Sampling Rate 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, and 48 KHz
A/V & DATA IN/OUT
RCA Output Video, Audio L/R, 0/12V or S/PDIF on N.A. model
IF Input F-type Connector
Loop-through Output F-type Connector
TV SCART (If avail.) CVBS, L, R Output with volume control
VCR SCART (If avail.) RGB, CVBS, L, R
Data Interface RS-232, Connector: 9-pin D-sub type
RF MODULATOR
RF-Connector 75ohm IEC169-2, Male/Female
Frequency 470MHz to 860MHz
Output Channel CH 21-69 or Ch 3-4
TV Standard PAL D/K/I/M, NTSC
Preset Channel Ch 3, or CH 38 Software changeable by Menu screen
POWER SUPPLY
Input Voltage AC 90 to 250 VAC (SMPS), 50Hz/60Hz
Power Consumption Max 25W
Stand-by Power < 5 Watts
Protection Separate internal fuse
PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Size (W x H x D) 290 x 200 x 65 mm
Weight 2.3 Kg
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Operating temperature 0 ~ 40 C
Storage temperature -10 C ~ + 80 C
Operating humidity range 10 ~ 85% RH, Non-condensing
Storage humidity range 5 ~ 90% RH, Non-condensing

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
no conexat in fortec but may try usin a different processor in loader like lk said but who knows.

Silver Member

Post Number: 183
manuel did you get that from the manuel?or did you type it manuel.

not for"conexat" either.

Silver Member
Username: Birdwatcher

Post Number: 339
Who the fu.ck is looking for "Spanish People". What the f.uck is this statment supposed to mean. your such an idiot cricpower. You need to get your head out of your asz and start being politically correct in these rooms. Oh yeah are there any white people in here?

Silver Member

Post Number: 358
I have just been to 4 sites and am unable to give any more information or any more successes with any clones and Viewsat BIN. That leaves you to rely on the expertise of Hank to fix yours. Anyway, I am watching TV, so don't have much time. He certainly has more time to deal with the problems. I would think that Big_Fat_J is more relaible.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
big fat
i forgot to type copy/paste i used google to find fortec`s specifications. look thru them and all fortec found use Sti 5518ST20 processor . info is copied but true. i misspelled conexiant sorry. both messages wrote by same manuel. please read LK post up there

Silver Member
Username: Etorres4u

Post Number: 129
Damn, this is REAL testing. For once we are testing instead of whining and b*tching. BTW anyone know if it will work on a pantec ultra? I was going through my closet and lo and behold a Pantec ultra I totally forgot about. Anyone know the specs?

Throop, Pa. U.s.

pantec is viewsat clone is it not?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
TUNER & DEMODULATOR
Input Connector F-Type female IEC169-24
Frequency Range 950 - 2150 MHz
Demodulation QPSK
Symbol Rate 2-45 Msps
Input Level -65 dBm ~ 25dBm
Input Impedance 75 ohms
LNB Power 13/18 V DC, Max. 500 mA
DiSEqC Control Version 1.3 Compartible
Band Switching 22 KHz Tone
Viterbi Decoding Rate 1, 2/3, 3/4,5/6,7/8
MPEG TRANSPORT STREAM & A/V DECODING
Transport Stream MPEG-2 ISO/IEC 138-18-1
Input Rate Max. 90 Mbit/s
Video MPEG-2 MP@ML
Video Resolution Max. 720 x 480
Aspect Ratio 4:3 - Normal TV, 16:9 Wide TV
Audio Decoding MPEG-1/2 Audio Layer I & II
Audio Mode Single/Dual Channel, Stereo, Joint Stereo
MICROPROCESSOR & MEMORIES
Main Processor STi5518 (ST2D 32 bit, 81 MHz)
Flash Memory 2 Mbyte
SDRAM 8 Mbyte
CPU Clock 81 MHz
EEPROM 32 Kbit
RF MODULATOR
PLL type Ch 21-69 for the modulation
RF Connector 75 Ohm, 169 - 2, Male/ Female
TV Standard PAL B/G, I, SECAM L, NTSC M selectable
Frequency Range UHF:470~860 MHz
A/V & Data OUTPUT/INPUT
IF Input IEC1692 Male/Female
IF Loop-through Output 1 x F type
RCA Jack CVBS Audio L, R 0/12 DC out
Serial Port RS-232C Bound Rate 115200, 9 Pin D-Sub
POWER SUPPLY/MECHANICAL POLARIZER
Input AC 80 - 260V, 50/60 Hz
Power Consumption Max. 25W
GENERAL DATA
Unit Dimension(mm) 290 x 200 x 65
Unit Weight 2.3 Kg
Upload
same processor as ultra and pansat. if works with pantec probably will with oters, seems hard
but it might handle it. if it is not a big deal with your pantec th we can test it. that is what is all about. may not work but what if it works. at least we will know.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
it looks like they all have the same circuitboard probably different boot.sys inside probably they only change the shell

Silver Member

Post Number: 152
Davidvandiesel.
No, there aren't. they are looking for the
chinese to clone VS and for the korean to do the code.

Throop, Pa. U.s.

Post Number: 9
if processor first letters are STI THEN U R OUT OF LUCKmust start with stc then this will work

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
why

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
it isn't my fix. are you guys all stupid or something. there is a PDF in this post. read it ask yourself if you think its still a fake.

Silver Member

Post Number: 363
THREAD
"Fortecs are working.."
You are hearby renamed
"Fortecs are NOT working..". AMEN

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
I think nalin is the dumbass paki who works for DN or just can't get his box up. mussawell under a new name ? all you do is tell people it doesn't work or don't try it. get lost you troll you're a skeptical fool and you belong in the trash

Silver Member

Post Number: 472
Is this chip going to work
OMEGA
Sti55188VC
Thanks Fortec Lifetime Ultra

Silver Member

Post Number: 157
LK;
I know by reading your posts that you know more than many here think about pansats fortecs and pantec clones.'Now you are talking again about clones the way you did in sep.07 2005.This topic no is new to you. You have some years of expertise in this topic about clones.

Silver Member

Post Number: 158
Re LK:;
1) That is C&P.
2) No more post.
3) Was really him?
4) Registered jan06?
5) 171.5 post dayly?

Username: Mickeym

Miami beach, Fl Usa

not getting all the channels viewsat
need lbn power,lbn type,freq, etc
can someone help

Silver Member

Post Number: 159
Re LK .posted 17.15.dayly.
a point mistake.
try and do are a matters of differents kind.

Silver Member

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 517
OK... Nothing from Mc Sunny.
If by Monday there is nothing I'm buying a VS!

Silver Member

Post Number: 125
it didn't work

Gold Member

Post Number: 4168
All I can say is that I haven't seen 1 person who has been sucessful with this..

Silver Member

Post Number: 373
An appropriate epitaph by LK

Silver Member

Post Number: 486
Game over

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
chulum

Silver Member

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 535
Well couple of hours left.... if no hope is found I'm buying VS.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4202
Anybody who believes these Pansat timelines are naive!...and BTW, all sites now have declared that Fortec to Viewsat conversion as a hoax and BOGUS!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us