Please help!! Samsung DLP image of-center!!

Username: Tarheelmx

Post Number: 1
After talking to Samsung support, they diagnosed a bad dmd module for my DLP HLN437W. Since i have no access to a tech person, i made the change myself. After i put everything back in place and turned on the TV, the picture is not centered. I have a huge space on the bottom and from the top i get a cut image. How can i fix this? Do i have to disasemble the TV and try to get it in a different position?

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 731
Are you sure that the sliding light engine tray is definitely in place? If so, the DMD doesn't come with universal parameters. Each DMD Control Module must be programmed for individual light engines. Access the (Service Mode) using the remote.

With set off, using the remote, press mute, 1, 8, 2, power. It comes on saying "Factory Loading". Use the up-down arrows to navigate. Use the center button (Enter) to select things. Use the left-right arrows to change values. Use the (Menu) button to return to a previous page.

Arrow down to "Service" and push "Enter". The next menu screen should have "Vertical" and "Horizontal" position selections at the top. Use up-down arrows to highlight the one you want in Red and push Enter. Change the picture position with left-right arrows. Push (Menu) to exit and return to previous menu screen. When you're done, Power off, then back on within 1 second to exit the Service Menu and avoid a lamp re-strike. This helps save the lamp life. There are other values in the SM that can be tweaked for your specific light engine. There's Gamma, Index Delay, CCA values, DNIE values, just to name a few. You might be able to call an authorized Samsung Service Center and obtain workable values for the DMD Control Module. Good Luck!
Best regards!

Username: Tarheelmx

Post Number: 2
thanks for your reply.
I just talked to a samsung tech guy over the phone and he said its a physical adjustment to the DMD. He said that i have to unscrew the 3 screws that hold the DMD and adjust it manually. He said that if my screen has no picture in the bottom, then i have to tilt the module up.
Does this sound right to you? Since i cant power up the TV with while i have everything disconected to get to the DMD board, i am sure it will be a trail and error procedure...any thoughts?

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 732
Oh....not the DMD Controller, but the actual Digital Micro-Mirror Device. Well...one would think those things should be precisely positioned and fixed, but I guess not. It's over my head. Good luck! Let me know how it turns out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us