Can Akai DVPS760 DVD be reset to factory settings???

Username: Garryh

Canberra, Australian C... Australia

Post Number: 1
When I was living in the USA, I purchased an AKAI Region Free DVD player, Model DVPS-760. The machine functioned corrrectly in the US. When I returned to Australia and connected it to my Australian machine I could only generate a Black & White playback picture. Thinking there might have been something wrong with the settings on the DVD, I referred to the operators manual for the DVD Player, and I believed that I needed to make some changes via the SETUP facility. I made the necessary adjustment to the NTSC/Multi setting and I think I may have also adjusted the Progressive scan setting as well. Regardless, during the course of trying to correct the screen and receive a color output I must have inadvertenetly made a change to something I shouldn't have as I can not even receive a picture. I can receive audio but no picture. All I receive is the blue AV screen. I cannot even receive any on screen display of any type. Does anyone know how to fix this issue or even effect a reset to factory settings????(Noting of course that I can get nothing except the blue AV screen!!! Help and thanks.

Unregistered guest
I wish someone had the answer to this one - I've just run across the same problem.

Unregistered guest
If you have recived this information, so please send it to me too, I have the same problem.

Unregistered guest
Ditto

Anonymous

I found in the manual on page 13 bottom, that if you PRESS STOP buttom for 5 seconds of your remote controller then you can see the picture on the interlaced mode again on your TV.

Otherwise you have to connect you DVD to a unit that has progresiv scan, such as an HDTV, some computers if they have an input or to a projector .

I connected my DVD to a projector thru the VIDEO output and put eveything back to normal, and it is working fine now.

Unregistered guest
System Reset

Open CD disk tray. Press stop key and hold for 15 seconds, screen will appear.

Unregistered guest
Regional Free Codes/ and Regional Codes

Making AKAI DVPS 760 Region Free
1. Open the disc tray
2. Push SETUP on the remote control.
3. On the remote control, push the following buttons:
X 1 0 1 0 (where X = your choice of Regions 1 through 9; Region 9 = BYPASS/REGION-FREE)
STEP SHUFFLE NEXT
4. There will be nothing shown on the screen as you perform Step 3.
You MAY be able to verify whether the region actually was changed by doing the following:
a) Open the disc tray
b) Push the following buttons on the remote control:
SETUP SHUFFLE STEP >|<next>>|
This will reveal a "secret menu" screen.

5. Push the down-pointing arrow on the remote until the DEBUG menu appears.
6. If the check-mark on the right column matches the number you chose for "X" in Step 3 (your desired region choice), then you are done!
In the example illustrated above, "9" (Region 9) was chosen for "X" in Step 3.
THE DEBUG MENU DOES NOT ALLOW YOU TO CHANGE THE REGION SETTING. IT ONLY LETS YOU CHECK THE REGION SETTING. YOU MUST PERFORM STEP #3 ABOVE IN ORDER TO CHANGE THE REGION SETTING.
NOTE: The firmware should be "RCE-proof", so selecting Region 9 should play ALL DVDs without problems, including RCE-encoded discs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us