Hitachi 50V500 Ghost Fix

Username: Ontarff

Post Number: 6
I have a 9 month old Hitachi 50V500. Recently I noticed yhat I was getting pink ghosts on the left side of dark images on light backrounds while watching HDTV and DVDs. To fix the problem, the LCD has to be adjusted. To do this you must enter the service menu. This is done by

1. Changing the input to an unused input (i.e. Ant B). Turn off the set and wait for the fan to turn off.

2. Hold input and power buttons on set down simultaneously. When service menu appears, release both buttons (input button first).

3. Using remote control, use stick button to toggle down to "LCD Adjust".

4. Push stick button on remote to the right. A new menu will appear.

5. Push stick button again to the right. A black box will appear on a white backround. Push stick button to the left or right to eliminate ghost/shadow.

6. Press "exit" on remote twice to exit service menu.

7. Change input to normal input (i.e. VID1, VID2) Problem ghost has been ghostbusted!

Do not make any other changes on service menu unless you want to risk making things worse. Note any settings before you change them. I haven't challenged it but I have read online in the forums that entering the service menu may void your warranty. Service manuals are available online at ebay.

Ray L.
Unregistered guest
Danny,

You just saved me a lot of heartache and a service call. Took just one tick right and the ghost departed.

Many thanks!!!

Chris K.
Unregistered guest
Danny,

You rock!! I've had this problem for a while and have been avoiding the service call. You're post saved the day!

Thank you very much!

Username: Bobbyd

Post Number: 1
danny,
worked like a charm I have a 50v500 the company told me it was my hd receivr so it wasnt worth a service call, my ghost was green, its gone, I think you should run for president, thanks again, god I love the internet, all the knowledge in the world at your finger tips. HAVE A GREAT YEAR MAN!

Rob Kralowetz
Unregistered guest
Danny,
I'll add a "You rock" to the list. Simple fix to what I was sure was going to be an expensive service call. Thanks.

z712004
Unregistered guest
Anyone have a fix for the "set black side panel" on the Hitachi 50V500? From the default gray to black. The set does not remember black when turned off then back on.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us