Error message "H07" with Panasonic RV-32

Username: Icemanwpg

Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Post Number: 1
I bought a DVD player (RV-32) 13 months ago and while watching a movie, it froze on me then I saw the "H07" message on the display. And that was it, it has not work since.

I've tried to get in touch or get some support from Panasonic but they won't acknowledge or admit that there may be a problem with one of their "products".

Panasonic SUCKS!! Don't buy any Panasonic products because they won't provide you with any support.

But anyway, does anyone have the same problem? Has anyone found a solution to this "H07" message on the display? Let me know via e-mail.

Thanks

Unregistered guest
i have sane problem today!!

Did u find a solution?

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 553
It probably has a bad spindle motor, Panasonic is famous for them going bad. Open it and see if the disc spins, if not give it a little turn by hand, if it starts spinning the motor is defective.

foreman202
Unregistered guest
Panasonic sucks they break

bmccooey
Unregistered guest
Actually, there is a fix for this. It is the spindle. Add a little oil to the spindle and let it sink in. You may want to do a little manual turn to work the oil in.

You may have to remove some pieces to get at the spindle, but once you do, fixing it should be a snap.

Can't guarantee how long the fix will last though. Just did this myself last night.

Post Number: 2
Thanks bmccoey!

I'll try your trick and see how it goes. I might use a Teflon based lubricant for the job. That stuff makes miracles.

Lamchop
Unregistered guest
My sister just told me she got the h07 error on her panasonic r62 dvd player. How do I physically/mechanically get to the spindle? I want to try to do the oil trick this weekend.
Maybe we can milk a few more months out of the system. Thanks in advance.

Anonymous

I purchased a RR-US360 Panasonic voice recorder (nice features, reasonable price $69) that died in my brief case 45 days after purchase. Staples, where I bought it, wouldn't take it back. Sent it in on warranty. After two transshipments it ended at Skokie TV, who decided it was water damaged, not covered by warranty, and wanted $55 to send it back ($40 check out fee, $15 shipping) broken! It was not water damaged when I sent it. Panasonic said too bad, you lose! Skokie TV said it didn't seem right, but offered no relief.
DO NOT BUY ANY PANASONIC PRODUCT! Panasonic does not honor their warranties, could not care less about their customers, and literally stole $69 dollars from me. DON'T REWARD THIEVES!!!

richie
Unregistered guest
My panasonic RV32 dvd player just gave me the death signal "H07" error mesage. Going to try fix it myself now using the oil idea (thanks for the tip btw). Also last week the display on my panasonic VCR died also! If anyone i know is thinking of buying any eletronic product i will now just have to stear them clear of panasonic...

felice
Unregistered guest
CASPITA!!! anche a me e capitato sto cazz! d'errore H07. Provero anch'io a mettre una goccia d'olio nell'alberino del motore e vedremo se potro riutilizzarlo o BUTTARLO!!!

Grazie, thanks per il suggerimento.
Fix

Dunks
Unregistered guest
My Panasonic SA-DK20 stopped playing DVD's last night and the error message H07 appeared, guess i will try and consult a Panasonic repairer if it does not cost more than a new unit.
Regards Dunks, Australia

Anonymous

I found this site with instructions on how to fix the H07 error by oiling the motor. Instructions and pics. http://www.ledcar.com/pdvdh07/

Where's the Beef?
Unregistered guest
What Panasonic Service? As of 2005 Panasonic no longer fixes their own products. They closed their factory service center. If it breaks, they give you a phone number to some local fix-it dweeb or mass repair joint. Expect expensive repairs as the dweebs can't fix the stuff without factory know-how, they just replace whole circuit boards and assemblies until they get the damn thing to work (at your expense of course). Sucks!

Username: Semajrick

Thanks for the tip. I got the dreaded H07 error while watching the Ray Charles movie. Went to this site and fixed it in 10 minutes. Old WD40 fixed the problem.

Anonymous

The oil trick isn't a real solution because it will fail later in the future. The solution is to replace the spindle motor.

Silver Member

Post Number: 615
When doing all that the motor gets turned off the flat spot and works again, when it hits that spot again it will fail again.

Sango
Unregistered guest
David:

Long time no see. Just curious reguaring the spindle motor assmeblies and since you've worked on the motors.

What is the specs of both the transverse the the spindle (ie. voltage, resistance, rpms, etc...)? I also, when you worked on the spindle, did pop the top off? - I couldn't get it off.

Thanks

Post Number: 3
Well, I've tried the "oil the spindle motor" trick to no success. I guess the next step is to change the darn motor. Now, I need to find a place that sell the thing. Anyone had any idea of what brand, model, part-number is needed to get the right one and where?

Sango
Unregistered guest
Jean:

It's best if you call Panasonic Canada, they can tell you an authorized dealer who can get the part for you. The part number is RXQ1218KIT.

I oringally was going to post the Panaosnic Parts website but they only deal within the US.

Sango

Silver Member

Post Number: 617
I don't know the specs of the motors. The spindle can be pried off with a screwdriver, I did it at the shaft to keep from warping the spindle. Once the motor is out it can be repaired, have to be very careful with the brushes though, they are small and delicate. They have to be moved out of the way or when the back is removed the plastic washer on the shaft will ruin the brushes. I stuck toothpicks in the slots, moved the brushes then pulled the back off. Then the copper where the brushes rub can be cleaned and the motor will work again. I never had to calibrate anything, the same motor goes back in so nothing has changed.

Sango
Unregistered guest
I didn't plan to actually open the actual motor. I wanted to get it out of the the assembly but the black part is just in the way. By the sounds of it, must of pulled really hard since I still didn't mine off yet.

The unit may not need toe be calibrated but if you checked the the jitter values, chances are they won't be the same as they were originally unless you got the black part exactly at the same spot it was on before.

Sango
Unregistered guest
Nm I got it off !!

Unregistered guest
Hi, i've been fighting with this error a while, the oil stuff works about 5 days, so i move on to david massey idea. until now i've thinking to replace the damn motor whit a cdrom unit one, but i cannot tried the idea yet. good luck. aleixo from argentina

Sango
Unregistered guest
It's a good idea however, most of the drives today is using direct drive motors with intergrated electronics which wouldn't work because the motor's interface is a data cabe, not like your traditional 2 wire (negative/wire) hook up.

Silver Member

Post Number: 618
What's using direct drive? Not Panasonic, the only one I could find that does is JVC.

Sango
Unregistered guest
CD/DVD-ROMS and DVD players.

Unless I have my definitions wrong but isn't that direct drive = brushless, that's my assumption?

Definatley Panasonic is using brushless for their models and back then before they swithced to brush for some unknown reason.

Silver Member

Post Number: 619
I just bought a Panasonic for someone for Christmas that had a brush motor, I opened it to see.

Sango
Unregistered guest
I assume it depends which model is it.

Because the ones with the brushless spins with a barely audible high pitch sound while the brush ones have a low.

I only have an S97 and my A470EN which is using brushless because they sound the same in terms of motor sound. The SVC Manual diagrams of the motors look small and has the data cable on them too.

Sango
Unregistered guest
Here is a link to the Panaosnic Industrial site.

You can see their brushless motor's here and you can see the data cable in the picture and in teh specs. Definately one of these guys or a differnet one is on these units which have brushless.

http://industrial.panasonic.com/www-ctlg/ctlg/qAGA1000_WW.html

Sango
Unregistered guest
Here is a link to the Panaosnic Industrial site.

You can see their brushless motor's here and you can see the data cable in the picture and in teh specs. Definately one of these guys or a differnet one is on these units which have brushless.

http://industrial.panasonic.com/www-ctlg/ctlg/qAGA1000_WW.html

aleixoar
Unregistered guest
Hi there, i've found one motor provided with a plilips vam 12/5 lens that could replace the panasonic rv-32 spindle one...i`m working on it cause not same size of spindle post...but i thinking in combining the two motors could solve the damn thing. when i try it i send more news to you...aleixo from plumas verdes argentina

Silver Member

Post Number: 621
I called Panasonic about 6-8 months ago, they told me none of their consumer players use a direct drive motor. The motors are so quiet you can't hear them over the sound of the disc spinning. The difference you hear is probably what they use to hold the disc on the spindle. Some players use a little plastic thing the size of the spindle like a CD player, some of them use a big thing with felt on the bottom that's the size of the disc, those sound alot different than the others.

Sango
Unregistered guest
It looks like Panasonic doesn't know their stuff. I can defaintely hear the brushless motors because they are high-pitched. The acceleration and deceleration of the motor is very quick unlike the bursh motors.

Here is pic from the Panasonic catalog.
http://img229.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img229&image=dscf00715rz.jpg

Silver Member

Post Number: 636
Might be worth buying a Panasonic if they have gone back to direct drive. My 1999 Panasonic still works fine, I gave my sister a first generation 1998 Panasonic player, it still works too. Both are direct drive. The Panasonic is set up alot better than the JVC, it won't access titles without using the menu, there are no markers, and no way of knowing what audio track it's on except the language, can't tell 2.0 from 5.1 on the unit or on screen either one, stupid.

Sango
Unregistered guest
Panasonic has already swithced back to direct drives already. Most likely the high-end units have it like the S97 because you mentioned that player you obtained (model unknown) didn't have it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 637
It was an S27, might have been last years model or something I don't know.

Anonymous

S27 is like a 2004 model or something but wouldn't suspect that it wouldn't have it. It's like the entry level of the Panasonic line from what I know.

83BlueDevil
Unregistered guest
Oiled the motor. So far so good. I don't think it's worth the additional time it would take to swap out the motor. If it fails now, it's trash.

Thanks for the tip.

JR1
Unregistered guest
I have the DVD-CV52 player. I used TRI-FLOW spray oil with teflon. It's been playing CDs and DVDs for a week with no problem. The WD40 spray evaporates leaving behind a dry lubricant. I don't think it would last as long as an oil.

Username: Mrfixeruper

Lynnwood, Wa Sonomish

i have repaired about 9 of these units ,the problem is with one of the three coils in the spindel it shorts sending BAdriver chip in to thermal shutdown . replace with 5.9/6volt low profile 1/2 spindel ,almost any spindel motor with thoes specs will work.

Sango
Unregistered guest
rob:

You're close to my area since I'm around the New Castle.

Are you able to name a specific brandname model and where to obtain them? I think I'll try this myself.

Also, I wonder if there is a sensorless brushless version of the motor which can be used.

Sango

Sango
Unregistered guest
Forgot to ask. What kind of motor will be suitable to replace the transverse one because it also dies from a similar failure to teh spindle which will affect the door and optical.

Username: Mrfixeruper

Lynnwood, Wa Sonomish

Post Number: 2
for all who want to fix h07 error. first you will need a dvm (voltmeter) put it on lowest ohm setting probe - + to the spindel motor should read between 12 and 9 Ohms then turn the motor slowley the reading will jump around a little ,if it drops to .3 to .8 the motor is short and needs to be replaced. click this link . this is the spindel motor for rv32 http://www.partstore.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductSKU=7701590&ProductType=PART& ModelID=197334

Silver Member

Post Number: 669
You can get it cheaper from MCM Electronics, it's only about $27.

Anonymous

Yup but what about the use of another motor which rob mentioned? Looks like it has remained unanswered.

Unregistered guest
Same here. H07 - and Panasonic in Australia just gave me an address of a repairer which I will contact tomorrow. In the meantime I will get a product where the Company is trying to still have a business in the future. Japanese companies are not what they used to be.
Shame on Matsushita. Used to be OK

Silver Member

Post Number: 701
It isn't like this is a Panasonic only problem. The Sony spindle moptors eat right through the brushes till there's nothing left but nubs. Toshiba, Pioneer, and many others used cheap DC brush motors.

Anonymous

Hello,

Like a lot of people, I'm pretty pissed with Panasonic for being dishonest. So... I put up a site called appropriately "PanasonicSucks.org". You can find it at http://www.panasonicsucks.org

I'm trying to build up links to places where people got burned by Panasonic (or other manufacturers) and get people to post their own horror stories at http://www.PanasonicSucks.org as a special present for Panasonic support. Hopefully I can inspire Panasonic to smarten up or chop some heads.

Its going to take time, but if anyone could post their horror stories, I'd appreciate it.

And yes - this is malicious, but they deserve it for screwing people.

Ryan

Post Number: 4
I totally agree with Ryan. Let show Panasonic how pissed we all are and maybe the world will drop them and they'll go brankcrupt for screwing up their "used to be customers".

I personally sold avery single piece of Panasonic crap I had in my house and boy do I ever feel better.

Come on, join the team. It's FREE (not like the piece of sh*t Panasonic managed to sold to you..!

Start by sharing your story at : http://www.panasonicsucks.org

Silver Member

Post Number: 724
Get a grip guys. I own lots of Panasonic stuff and it's been very reliable, more so than alot of more expensive stuff. My 6 year old Panasonic player still works fine, the 7 year old player I gave my sister still works fine. If they have gone back to direct drive motors, then the problem is solved. Panasonic isn't the only company to have DVD player problems. Go buy a Philips, Sony, Toshiba, the list goes on and on.

Anonymous

I just received the H07 error and am lucky I found this forum using Google. I found it useless to call Panasonic too. Is it hard to try adding oil? I assume you have to open the case. I have no experience doing this type of thing.

Silver Member

Post Number: 765
Open it with a DVD in it and spin the disc a little by hand, that will get the motor off the flat spot and it may work till it hits one again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us