I need help with my Sylvania TV

Username: Xxincrediblexx

CA United States

Post Number: 1
Hey everyone, I lost the remote control to my Sylvania TV (model C6419TC). I can't change the tv mode to video without it. There's is a "game" button on the remote and I'm not sure a unversal remote would work with it. I've been fooling around with the menu options with no luck. If anyone has this tv, any help s appreciated.

Anonymous

i haven't been able to find my tv remote either. i found this one online if you want to buy a replacement:

http://www.replacementremotes.com/store/proddetail.cfm?productid=5095&CategoryID =91

i have tried to use universal remotes with mine and have yet t ofind one that actually works with it. i think you would have to get a universal remote that allows you to record the input from a remote and then use the original remote... of course, you'd have to have a remote to do that though :-(.

mgsfreak12
Unregistered guest
I used the sony big butten universal remote.i programed the number into it the universal way and i pressed tv/video and it worked.

gunny
Unregistered guest
what number did you use to program the universal remote that allowed it to work?

Username: Hurleydude000

I tried to hook up my ps2 and set game mode like that and nothing happened? Anyone know how to set the mode to video without using a remote. I lost mine as well. =(

dapenda
Unregistered guest
hm.. i have a similar problem, I recently lost the remote for my Sylvania TV and now I cant turn the cc on anymore for the TV, I was wondering if there is a way to turn on the cc with my Motorola DCT2224 Comcast cable box?

Unregistered guest
Where can I obtain a schematic for my Sylvania 13" TV/VCR combo - Model SSC132? I can see no physical damage to parts on the circuit board, but need a service manual to check the board with test equipment. The unit will not turn on when the "on" button is pressed. Voltage is present through the transformer, but can't be traced after the circuit that operates the relay "on" function. Help?

Unregistered guest
I bought a new remote for the tv & it worked. Now it doesn't, is it the sensor in the tv??? What's that called? Is it worth fixing? Thanks in advance

Sylvania is a terrible brand
Unregistered guest
I think this television/brand is crap. I can't believe it's so cheap as to not allow you to switch to video mode without a remote. I'm taking mine back.

Bronze Member
Username: Videoguy

Post Number: 17
I bought a Sylvania 19" TV and returned it within a week because the convergence was so bad that every horizontal line looked like a red and blue rainbow! I will never buy cheap Sylvania crap again. As for yours do you still have the receipt?

dfee
Unregistered guest
The engeneer that made this mess should be shot.

Unregistered guest
I know the sylvania tv's are crap first hand...mine blacked out after less than a year and a half and it will cost over $400.00 to fix...trash...27"

Unregistered guest
I ALSO HAVE LOST MY REMOTE AND I CAN NOT GET THE TV TO GO INTO GAME MODE SO I CAN NOT USE MY DVD PLAYER. PLEASE HELP.

Unregistered guest
I ALSO HAVE LOST MY REMOTE AND I CAN NOT GET THE TV TO GO INTO GAME MODE SO I CAN NOT USE MY DVD PLAYER. PLEASE HELP.

I'm frustrated
Unregistered guest
my remote broke and I can't find a new one that will work with my tv. I checked the "all parts" website and the model of my sylvania tv-srt2319 was unlisted. I can't put the tv in game mode to watch dvd's without it. does any one have any suggestions? thanks

Possible help
Unregistered guest
To all of those missing your Sylvania remote. I purchased an older Philips remote a few years ago when I bought my Sylvania and both are still working. I can switch video modes, use the menu, etc. The only problem is that some of the buttons on the remote send it into some sort of programming mode where you have to turn the tv off and on again by hand. Other than that, it works fine. Hope that helps.

Possible help part 2
Unregistered guest
. . . Also, I was just testing out a new GE remote (a $4 or so one from wal-mart) and it had all of the video input and menu functions that the TV offered without any of the problems of the philips. Hope one of the two of those options helps any of you out.

rowantree
Unregistered guest
My remote quit working. Put in new batteries & it worked for a few hours then stopped working. I have tried four universal remotes. One worked for a few hours, then the tv stopped recognizing it. Unable to use the DVD player due to the GAME button. None of the websites I've been to (including the one listed here) have the remote that matches my tv. I went to Sylvania's website & emailed them directly, letting them know how disgusted I was. Hopefully they will respond. I guess we've all learned a lesson that you just can't buy Sylvania!

rowantree
Unregistered guest
Well it took some long searching (thank you, Google) but I finally found a website that sells original, brand new Sylvania remotes at a lesser price than another site. www.electronicadventure.us
If you have model #SRT2119A, your remote model # is N0139UD. Am getting the same remote for $36 including shipping. Seems like a lot of $ but what are you going to do? They have a 30 day no hassle 100% refund policy. At remotes.com, they suggest the following can be done to "reprogram" your remote:
1) Take out the batteries.
2) Press & release each and every button one at a time until every button has been pressed at least once.
3) If you have any sliders on your remote, move each slider back & forth.
4) Put batteries back in and try remote.
I haven't tried it yet, figured I'd try it in the morning & have the remote I just ordered as backup if the reprogramming works out. Good luck, everyone!

Username: Joshockey

hi i have a question hope someone can help i have this tv vcr combo which in my opinion are junk but thats beside the point. To put it short the tv stays on for a few seconds and dies and the vcr doesnt work and i would just like to get the tv to work . Can someone tell me please whats going on.
thanks
josh

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1192
There is probably something wrong with the VCR. 90% of TV/VCRs are Funai, ultra cheap garbage. The carriage or loading gears are probably jammed or out of alignment, that's why it's shutting off. No you can't disconnect the VCR and use the TV, the tuner is in the VCR.

Unregistered guest
We have a Sanyo TV and the remote stopped working so we bought a universal remote and that didnt work either. We think it might be the infrared sensor on the TV itself. The TV works but we cant use our DVD or game systems on it because we cant use any remote on it. Has anyone experienced this and do you know how to fix it without bringing it to a repair person that will charge us through the nose to fix it for us? Thanks!

Jack Hungstenson
Unregistered guest
ineed help i lost my control code sheet and need to make my sylvania game mode work. And i need the codes for it please. If could anyone help me thanks

Unregistered guest
i have an older model sylvania tv that worked fine for years. Now i get a blue screen intermittenly. I have changed vcrs---same problem changed coax between vcr and tv---samo Think it may be tv setup but have lost the book. an anybody help? Thanks

Unregistered guest
Help, Help, I have a 27 inch Sylvania TV. It was a gift XMAS, 2004, 7 months old. I watched the today show Thursday, 7/7/05, went to work, came home turned, the TV, & cable box on. I have no sound nor a picture. Can anyone lead me in the correct direction. What could this possible be. I had a Sony TV for 15 years, and now Sylvania for 7 months. Please any suggestions, be nice. Thanks so much.

Unregistered guest
Yesterday I bought a new Sylvania 20" TV with built in DVD. I unplugged my old TV from my VCR, plugged in the new Sylvania, and cannot get decent reception unless I just have cable going straight in to the Sylvania, and not through the VCR. I don't know how to fix this (other than return the Sylvania within the 30 days from date of sale and judging from these postings, maybe I should!). IDEAS??

Unregistered guest
I bought what was supposedly a Sylvania remote. It was $40. It worked for 1 week. I returned it but have yet to receive my money back. My TV is a SRT2119A, 19". Sylvania referred me to Funai, who said I could only purchase a remote from Sears. Sears say they have one, but I don't know if it's going to work or not. I've tried Sony, Phillips & RCA universal remotes & not one of them will work with the TV. Does anyone know of a remote that will work with the SRT2119A tv? Thanks!

Anonymous

just bought a 27" Sylvania and can't get the captions for hearing impaired off the screen - any help?

Seetha
Unregistered guest
I got a sylvania combo unit which was fine for about a year and a half, but now, the remote isn't working. Universal remotes weren't of much help. However, the same remote works on a sylvania in the store, so it looks like the laser sensor in the tv unit is defective. Very disappointed. The dvd player makes the pictures slightly fuzzy, and no sharpness. Very disappointed!

Username: Kevind23

New York USA

Same here; damn slyvania makes such crappy tvs that if you lose the remote you cant really use it. As for those who found working remotes, does anyone have like a model # so I know what to look for. Thanks
(www.kevind23.com)

Silver Member
Username: Videoguy

Post Number: 118
Heck with Sylvania anyway

I know Sylvania's TVs are cheap but that's no excuse for not having a MENU button on the TV itself so you don't have to use the remote to do everything, even my cheap 25" Sanyo has that! As for universal remotes; try Philips, they make one that lets you operate TV menus...
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2625057

Anonymous

Recently purchased qty 2 Sylvania Model SRT2219B sets.

The other day, the city electrical crew was working on a electrical problem on the house next to mine when -- they accidentially sent a high voltage spike into my lines.

Now both of these TV's will not turn on.

Question:

1) Can I correct this problem by myself? if so -- need to know how.

2) If can not be corrected via a simple and cheap fix, are they now considered throw aways?

I spent quite a few years dingering with TV's & Radios and at one time spent a year in a formal radio/TV repair school so I am no novice in getting into sets. I just don't want to waste my time if I would be fighting a losing battle to begin with.

My plans are to file a claim with then city but --from what I have been told, its an all up hill battle with very slim chances of winning.

Unregistered guest
hi everyone, my sylvania's vcr stopped working, first it wouldnt let the tape in but after that it just went crazy, meaning if i try to turn the tv on, it will turn on, but it keeps on trying to eject,stop,play, and there is no tape in it. After a while of doing that it just shuts of by itself.
CAN ANYONE HELP ME?

Unregistered guest
Help. I have a Sylvania 13" ac/dc tv/vcr. The tv and vcr both work fine when plugged into an ac outlet, but when plugged into my car's cigarett lighter it keeps blowing the fuse in the dc cable plug. Any ideas on what to look for?

Subhajit
Unregistered guest
My Sylvania TV sensor is not working...first I thought, the issue is with Remote...but after buying a new remote (Universal - GE) , I realized, it is also not working. Looks like Sylvania TV has some issue in recognizing the remote. Also , since I cannot set Game mode without remote...I cannot see the VCR....can anyone pls help me to get any work arround.....

EtNiE
Unregistered guest
If your sylvania tv gets stuck on game just go to menu and set up your chanels again thats how i got my tv out of game. :-)

Cable boy
Unregistered guest
I havea 27" Sylvania, the comcast custom 3 remote(silver) works well to get it to tv/game modes and back. You can do this if you have the remote working with the volume on the TV and simply push the tv button on the remote and then the Button right below the number 7(input or tv/vcr) Since this is a universal remote, I would assume that a store purchased universal remote would work as well. Obviously you have to program the remote to the TV.

Unregistered guest
so there is NO WAY to access the menu witout the remote? I thought I was going crazy. Last time for SLOPVANIA TV's.

Anonymous

stayeven,
did you find answer to your problem?

Unregistered guest
How do you program the Comcast 3 in 1 to work the volume on the Sylvania 27" TV with that Game button on the remote? Thanks. Jodi

Posted on Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 07:45 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I havea 27" Sylvania, the comcast custom 3 remote(silver) works well to get it to tv/game modes and back. You can do this if you have the remote working with the volume on the TV and simply push the tv button on the remote and then the Button right below the number 7(input or tv/vcr) Since this is a universal remote, I would assume that a store purchased universal remote would work as well. Obviously you have to program the remote to the TV.

Unregistered guest
How do you program the Comcast 3 in 1 to work the volume on the Sylvania 27" TV with that Game button on the remote? Thanks. Jodi

Posted on Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 07:45 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unregistered guest
You need to get a Magnavox Remote Controller.
I had the same problem ( Lost mine)Went and bought a Magnavox DVD/VCR and found that the remotes work on either one.

Unregistered guest
THANK YOU for the info about the comcast remote!!!! I was going insane because i had to return my digital cable box for a new one, and took the tv off game mode. My dog chewed up the remote. and well - I couldn't get it back on game mode for the life of me to watch digital cable again! Who knew! Thanks SO MUCH!

Unregistered guest
My tv has just stopped working - I was watching it and it just went out? Can someone help?

Username: Opnyr3rdi

Richmond, VA USA

My son's 19 inch Sylvania (TV/VCR) GAME MODE stopped working after I had it hooked up to my Comcast DVR. The TV works, but he can't play games on it (the game mode does not work!) How can I fix this??

Username: Opnyr3rdi

Richmond, VA USA

Post Number: 2
My son's 19 inch Sylvania (TV/VCR) GAME MODE stopped working after I had it hooked up to my Comcast DVR. The TV works, but he can't play games on it (the game mode does not work!) How can I fix this??
Email me directly with the solution, please.

Unregistered guest
My sylvania remote will not work on my one tv, however, it will work on another one that I have. So it can't be the remote. Can this be fixed inexpensively? What exactly is the problem?

Unregistered guest
has any one figured out how to fix the tv when the sensor on the tv is not working. I've noticed that other people have had this problem. I know both my remotes work i have a comcast and the original one. yesterday the comcast one only worked on the tv seldom i thought the batteries were bad but i was wrong. Today it doesn't work at all.

Unregistered guest
has any one figured out how to fix the tv when the sensor on the tv is not working. I've noticed that other people have had this problem. I know both my remotes work i have a comcast and the original one. yesterday the comcast one only worked on the tv seldom i thought the batteries were bad but i was wrong. Today it doesn't work at all.

Unregistered guest
my tv just quit out on me after only having it for not even a year. they told me the parts were covered, but the labor was not. it was going to cost me well over a $100 to get it fixed, when i bought the tv for $150. Im so effing pissed off right now, because they pretty much blew me off when i was on the phone with them.

mike12345
Unregistered guest
I also have two 13" Sylvania that went out within 2 days of each other. The Remote ctrl does not talk to the TV and I couldn't turn on to Game Mode.
Since the AV inputs do not work, you can work around it by using the coaxial connection.
You need to connect your game console to a VCR and connect your VCR to your TV via coaxial.
That should work.

mike12345
Unregistered guest
If your remote ctrl does not talk to the TV and you wanted to play game, you can connect your game console to a VCR and connect your VCR to the TV via coaxial connection. I have 2 sylvania 13" that went out within 2 days of each other

afafafafa
Unregistered guest
I have two Sylvania 13" TV that have a communication problem with the remote ctrl.
If you want to play game, you could connect your Playstation to a VCR and connect the VCR to the TV via coaxial connection.

Anonymous

testing

Unregistered guest
For sylvania TV with a bad remote ctrl, try running your PS2 through a VCR and VCR to TV via coaxial connection

Unregistered guest
For sylvania TV with a bad remote ctrl, try running your PS2 through a VCR and VCR to TV via coaxial connection

Username: Grammanita

My grandson received a Sylvania 20" flat screen TV, modle 6420FF for Christmas. After setup, he hooked up his PS2 and went into game mode with no problem. The problem is that we are unable to get out of game mode. We have tried to reset, including unplugging and reconnecting, but the only reception is static. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thank you.

jaymdance
Unregistered guest
Help, I have a sylvania tv/vcr combo and recently my audio on the cable channels went out, but its really odd because when i put a tape in the vcr the audio works! Only with whatever is on the tape! Does anyone have a solution or recomendation as to fixing this problem??

twl
Unregistered guest
I have a Sylvania Model SRTD313 tv/dvd comb. that stopped reading the dvd's. All I get is a disc error missage. Any ideas on how to fix it.

Lubosch
Unregistered guest
newremotecontrol.com may have the remote for you. Get the model # on the tv and search. I got a new one, but it doesn't work. My old remote works sporadically - it's the tv. Bummer.

duds
Unregistered guest
yea ive been having the same problem as some of you peoples... i have a 20" SRT2220P. one day i was watching tv and the remote was working, hours later the remote would not work. the remote lights up... and i can use the tv itself, but obviously the sensor isn't picking up. i wonder if anyone can help all of us!?

PataElmo
Unregistered guest
SOLUTION.

I have the same problem as many... lost remote on a 32" sylvania. (yea, yea like everyone says it's a horrible tv, but for me it's better than going out and buying a new one). So i send an email out about it and found you can order a replacement over the phone for $10 (not great, but not bad) + $6 shipping (USPS) or $10 2nd day UPS or $25 overnight UPS (if you must have it immediately).

The number to call is 1-800-242-7158.

Anonymous

How do i fix my slyvania tvs VCR a tape got stuck in it

Needs Help
Unregistered guest
All of a sudden my Sylvania tv turned to black and white. The reception is good but there's absolutely no color. It's less than 2 years old. It's a tv/dvd combo 27". Can anyone help? Or doesn anyone know the tech support number I can call? Thanks.

nadanada
Unregistered guest
After reading most of the messages relating to Sylvania I have come to a conclusion...never buy anything with the name "SYLVANIA" I too have same problem with making remote control work or access to menu functions. Thanks for the info

Unregistered guest
Dear PataElmo:
Thank you, thank you, thank you....the best deal I could find to replace my 'blasted' (nicest word I could come up with) Sylvania RC was 30 bucks....just made a call to the 800# that you suggested, placed my order and will be viewing DVD's again in a week or two. I cannot believe that a remote control is the only input device on this tv. Lesson learned. Very helpful info PataElmo, thanks again.

Unregistered guest
Dear PataElmo:
Thank you, thank you, thank you....the best deal I could find to replace my 'blasted' (nicest word I could come up with) Sylvania RC was 30 bucks....just made a call to the 800# that you suggested, placed my order and will be viewing DVD's again in a week or two. I cannot believe that a remote control is the only input device on this tv. Lesson learned. Very helpful info PataElmo, thanks again.

Username: Catldy

Knoxville, TN USA

I have a Sylvania SRT2227X that I can no longer get in to GAME mode, so I can't watch DVD's anymore. I'm on a very limited budget and bought a $6 universal remote which I can't get to work (found this forum searching for Sylvania tv codes). My old remote still lights up and I'm now thinking that it's the infrared receiver that's broken and not the remote. So I don't want to put any more money into remotes. I'm going to try routing the DVD through the VCR and see if I can watch it that way. Will let everyone know if it works.

Username: Redceltn8

Fayetteville, Ar Us

I have a sylvania 27" flatscreen tv srt4127w and the tv turned itself off and i cant get it to turn back on with the remote or on the tv itself. I didnt have the sleep mode on nore did i have the auto shutoff enabled. I tried a different wall plug and did all the troubleshooting i could think of and still nothing. what should I do?

Username: Sparky1

i chaged the vertical hold but the tv now looks likeit is in wide screen mode. and i need to know how do i get into the eprom to fix the proplem

Username: Ptchcheer04

Warwick, RI USA

i have a 27" sylvania tv and ive only had it for 10 months and when i first turn it on its fine. but after like 10-15 minutes it starts making this buzzing noise and i have to turn the tv off to get it to stop.if i turn it back on it will be fine and then it makes the nose again. so i dont know what to do. my parents bought it for me when i moved for school. and i know they got it at walmart and i tried to return it but i couldnt bc i didnt have a reciept. and they couldnt even give me a 1800 number to try and see if i can get it fixed bc they dont carry them any more. so i dont know what to do can any one help?

Silver Member
Username: Boyce

Post Number: 107
http://www.sylvania.com/ContactUs/

Good luck!

Username: Flaco777

The Phillips Universal Remote Model PMDVD6 works for the game mode on Sylvania TVs. I got one in Kmart for $8.99 and works great!! Good Luck!

Username: Carrie0692

Ruskin, FL United States

My dad has a Sylvania TV, accidently got it locked in to parental control, tv won't work, he lost the manual. Any help on how to get it out of parental control? Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Boyce

Post Number: 304
Carrie
download the manual and GOOD LUCK!
http://www.sylvaniaelectronics.ca/index/screen/sylvania_downloads.html

Username: Dschwerr

Did not believe it would work but I found this about the comcast dvr remote and the sylvania tv.

http://www.comcast.com/MediaLibrary/1/2/CM/VanityURL/documents/comcast_dvr_remot e_manual.pdf

Basically follow steps 2-6 for tv the code was 0171

PROGRAMMING DEVICE
CONTROL
The Comcast Custom 3-Device universal
remote control is preprogrammed at
the factory to operate the Cable Box
supplied by your Comcast system, an
RCA TV, and an RCA VCR (in the AUX
mode). To control devices other than
default brands (excluding the Cable
Box), perform the below steps; otherwise
skip this section:
1. Turn on a device (e.g., VCR or DVD
Player) and, if applicable, insert
media, (e.g., video cassette or disc).
NOTE: Please read steps 2 to 6 completely
before proceeding. Highlight or write
down the codes and device you wish to
program before moving on to step 2.
2. On the remote control, press a
device key once (i.e., AUX or TV).
NOTE: Use the AUX key to program
control of an Audio Amplifier or
Receiver, a DVD Player, a Home-
Theater-In-A-Box Device, a PVR (or
DVR), or a VCR.
3. Press and hold Setup until the
selected mode key blinks twice,
then release Setup.
4. Locate the code for your device in
Manufacturer s Codes on the back
of this user guide. Brands are listed
in alphabetical order with the
most popular codes listed first.
5. Enter the first four-digit code for
your device. If you perform this
procedure correctly, the selected
mode key will blink twice.
NOTE: If you enter an invalid code, the
selected mode key will display one long
blink and exit the programming mode.
Repeat steps 2 to 5 with a valid code.
6. Aim the remote control at your
device and press Power once. The
device should turn off. If it does
not respond, repeat steps 2 to 6,
trying each code listed for your
brand until you find one that

Username: Yobuys

WOW! After months of the wrong remote someone at FUNAI told me that because my television was purchased at Sears (because model number starts with an S) I would have to call SEARS---$34.37 later I have a remote that should work. Sears # is 800-469-4663. It's a shame to pay such a price but the tv is hardly used but when I need to watch something on the dvd I can't.

Username: Rhollister

SOLUTION!!!

Just had to post this to help everyone out and to get the information on the internet somewhere. I came to this solution based off of dave schwerr's reponse that code 0171 worked for the comcast remote. I looked at the pdf and saw that 0171 was the code for the funai tv. Looked up this code for my universal remote. BAM works! hope this helps out someone else since I searched forever for a universal code that works.

Username: Sarap47

I have a sylvania tvk191a, remote doesn't work anymore, allinone universal remote doesn't work. I think it's the tv infrared sensor but....I can't find it on the tv! Foolishly I glued a bunch of things to the front of the tv (to make it look cool, anmd it does) but I did this about 3 years ago so the glued objects are not the problem...however, is the sensor always on the face of the tv? always on the bottom with the buttons? can't see it! Thanks for any help...

Username: Saroj

I have a Sylvania TV "SRT2432p" which stopped acknowledging signal from the remote. Sears wants nearly as much to repair the TV as it cost to begin with. I took it to an authorized Sylvania repair center who diagnosed it as needing a new processor. Funai claims that they cannot specify the processor part # because it was made for Sears. The repair center finally decided (after having my TV for 3 months) to try out a procesor for model ESA432 also made by Funai... however they have no idea if this will work or not... I've searched the internet to try to find out the part number or a source for the entire chassis with no luck. Any ideas for sources for a new circuit board (which would include the processor)?

Username: Rglassmyer

For all of you with remote/sensor problems concerning multiple models of Sylvania TV's who aren't able to access the game mode any longer, I hope this alternative solution is helpful.

http://www.computercablestore.com/detail.aspx?ID=1207

It's a somewhat cheaper alternative to buying new or replacement remotes from third party manufacturers, and removes the bad sensor issue if your not sure if that's your problem, so long as you don't mind manually switching back to channel 3, this product should put all of us wishing to view dvd's and play games back in business.

Username: Mistaglock

my sylvania 27 inch flatscreen CRT tv is showing scanlines thruout the picture and happened while we were transporting it or before it. not totally sure. but the tvs brightness needs to be adjusted all the way down to even get a good picture. cant check to see if my sears warranty is extended because all my papers are packed to go to storage while i get ready to move. and a sears rep said since it was being transported with a crt monitor, thats what fooked up the picture. and to let it sit and refix its picture by letting it run day and night. im not sure how true that is but is their any codes to get into the tvs eeprom, or a service manual to get into the hidden menus

Username: Xpycoctomos

I have a Sylvania 6419TE. Same problems:
1)Universal remote does not work.
2)no way to switch to "Game" mode so I cannot use my DVD player.
I ordered a remote through www.electronicadventure.com for like a third of what a new Sylvania is worth... I probably should have gotten a new TV (never Sylvania)... oh well.

There IS actually a way to use the DVD player, but unless you already have the parts, it's proably not worth the trouble.

I hook a splitter (With a switch) up to the CABLE (because GAME mode works with the special connections in the front, and has nothing to do with the special DVD/game modual connectors in the front) and to the VCR. The VCR is hooked up to the DVD player in such a way that when I push the TV/VCR button, it switches attention to the DVD. Mind you I also have to manually flick the switch so that it is no longer on cable but on VCR. It makes sense when you figure it out logically... but this still doesn't help with changing channels so it's a lot of hassle that was necessary in the meantime (to be able to watch DVDs) but hopefully will no longer be necessary with this remote.

What a stupid design!

Xpy

Username: Nicolekathleene

I don't know how long i've had this tv because it was previously my brothers but just the other day i turned it on and all i got was a strip of white light across the center but i still have sound and can change channels. Basically i just don't have any picture but a thin line across the center. what the hell happened and can i get it fixed?

Username: Niblick

I have a Sylvania TV and on one Channel, I get the message "Program Protected by G". What is this? It's the Golf Channel for cripe's sake! It's not Spice or Cinemax! I have the original remote, but the menu doesn't lead me to any intuitive process for getting rid of this block. Any thoughts?

Bronze Member
Username: Imjross

NJ USA

Post Number: 25
Sylvania WAS a respectable company. THAT company is GONE FOREVER..

Sylvania brand name...sold by Philips...
Philips SOLD the NAME ONLY to Funai co.

Funai CAN NOT HANDLE any service requests...period
They have no parts to ship .....sad.... AND
Servicers have poor communication with Funai..
Sorry......

Tell everyone...you buy a Slyvania and your on your own....}}

Username: Ktd29

Hi, I have a LD 155sl8 HD Tv/DVD Combo Slyvania TV and I cannot get the volume mute or TV power buttons to work with the codes on the Tivo DVR Hughes box I have called DirecTV several times and I cannot get a straight answer. Can anyone give me codes that might work?

Username: Jasonpontius

Hi everyone. I have a Sylvania combo TV/DVD/VCR for which I was told (by the cable guy) that the remote couldn't be programmed. Well I figured it out!

I don't know the model number, so this may or may not help you. But I got it to work by using the code 0821 (in the manual under DVD players) and the AUX (not TV) button.

Username: Jessbd120

I also have a problem with my Sylvania Tv. Everything on the remote works fine except the game mode button. I can turn it on and off, change channels the volume and all, but the game mode does not work......Please help!

Username: Kelinpa32

I'm having the same problem. I lost the remote for my Sylvania TV; therefore, my son cannot play his X-Box, because there is no other way to swtich it to video mode. I bought THREE universal remotes and not ONE of them work. Any suggestions?? :-(

Username: Rchillingworth

I have a Sylvania/Funai SRC2113 TV/VCR Combo. I ran into a problem when connecting a new RCA DTA800B1 Digital TV converter box to the TV. None of the three-digit codes listed under the headings for Sylvania or Funai in the RCA converter box manual would allow the RCA remote to control the TV. I ended up trying ALL the valid three digit codes that the RCA remote would recognize and found that the code 116 allows the RCA remote to control this particular Sylvania TV/VCR combo. Maybe someone else out there will also need this three digit code.

Username: Dadunn45

i have an sylvania srt2219 19inch model i dont have the remote so how to i put it in game mode please help emergency

Username: Triksee

I never had a remote and accidentally switched from game/video mode to TV and couldn't switch it back. You need a remote to undo. So I went to a local store that carry electronics and bought a Phillips remote for $8.00 and it worked. I was told that Phillip, magnavox and Slyvania products are linked somehow. Good luck.

Username: Osvance

hi everyone, I've a sylvania tv (model LCD320SS8 A) which wont turn on. All I hear is a click when I turn it on. Light turns green and reverts back to red (in seconds) on standby mode. Pls help, anyone

Username: Imageimagen

Where can I obtain a schematic for my Sylvania TV/VCR combo - Model 6719DF.
I can see no physical damage to parts on the circuit board, but need a service manual to check the board with test equipment.
The unit will not turn on when the "on" button is pressed.
Voltage is present through the transformer.

Username: Lsalazar

ThomasMartin, I have the same model and it's doing the same thing! It started out that I would turn it on, it would be fine for 10-15 seconds and then shut off automatically. I don't see anything burnt out on the board, but apparently it could be a bad diode? If I knew which one, I could replace it, but on this older model, I don't know. Please let me know if you have any more info, I'm looking as well!

Username: Lsalazar

Okay, I figured mine out, it was a problem with the VCR. Whatever triggers the eject mechanism was jammed, so I messed around with it a little (removed the VHS tape, of course), and presto, it was fixed! Very simple, no tools were really even involved. I'd suggest poking around the VCR. Good luck!

Username: Hula_sweetheartyahoocom

I have the Sylvania 15" flat screen with built in dvd player. For some reason every time I put in a DVD it wont read it and ejects it immediately. I have tried several different DVD's, unplugging it, reseting it..nothing works. Does anyone know what the problem could be or how I could fix it?
Thank you SO much!

Username: Frankene

Post Number: 7
How do you program the Comcast 3 in 1 to work the volume on the Sylvania 27" TV with that Game button on the remote?

Username: Johnybob2232

I have the same problem but I have Verizon FIOS. If you have FIOS, press the "TV" button and then press the "Input" button. I'm not sure about Comcast, Dish Network, etc.

Username: Izzosgirl

I am trying to troubleshoot my 2767DE Sylvania TV/VCR/DVD Combo. The other morning out of the clear blue the TV turned on staied on for about 15 sec or so and then turned off. I tried to turn it back on did the same thing. Then I noticed that my hubby had plugged the strip plug into another one. So thought BINGO overload unplugged and plugged into the wall I was back in bussiness for 2 days on daay 3 went to turn TV on started shuting off again by it self. Unplug from strip plug and went to straight wall outlet same thing. Thought well maybe it needs to rest??? Unplugged her for about an hour or so came back plugged her back bam in bussiness... so I thought that lasted 10 mintues back same problem. Now as I read through all the problems it sounds like VCR issues. And I did have that issue where you put tape in and it would eject and shut off, but that was a year ago. So figured don't use vcr and it will stay on and it did. Haven't messed with VCR or anything just out of the blue started the turning off by itself. ERRR So is there any soultions out there? Not will to invest any money bought her from the pawn shop 2 1/2 yrs ago other the VCR issue been a good TV for 70 bucks. SO if anyone has a soulation I have no problem trying.... Cause the worse thing that could happen is it still doesn't work... LOL Please anyone HELP!

If you need the manual or website for Sylvania here you go.
http://www.funaiservice.com/information/manuals.cfm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us