JVC D-ILA lycos

Kylez
Unregistered guest
The New JVC D-DILA LYCOS 52 and 61 inch rear projection. Is this the HDTV to buy or should we wait a while longer. Sounds pretty good on most reviews, smoother than DLP less artifacts, better blacks than LCD. Anyone had one for a while that can give us their opinion. Thank you
KyleZ

smartbuy
Unregistered guest
After researching TVs the past 3 months, I bought the JVC 52" LCOS set today, set for delivery in a few days. Looked at Samsung, Toshiba, Mits, RCA DLPs and found JVC to have the least drawbacks with the best or comparable Picture Quality. Will post entry after delivery.

Username: Stanjordan

Post Number: 8
Kylez
I would recommend it. Check out the "JVC HD52Z575 D-ILA TV" thread. Lots of good info there.

Anonymous

I have owned the jvc 61" HD ILA for several weeks now, and I find it to be excellent. I am not an expert on picture quality but I am very happy with it. The only thing I feel that is bad, is limited capabilities. No compatible card slots for anything.

I have not seen a better picture on any tv, except the 82" mitsubishi with LCOS.

Bronze Member
Username: Videobruce

Buffalo , NY

Post Number: 20
The newer models should be coming out in the next few months with the built in tuners.

Username: Madamg2u

Post Number: 3
I just purchased the JVC G series black and I love it. It just one sexy TV!

Username: Snicholson

Post Number: 2
After a pretty significant amount of research, I am seriously considering the JVC HD52G886 (52") based on richer, more vibrant color and SUBSTANTIALLY sharper picture than the DLP's. Best picture next to the Plasmas but substantially less $$$.

With one big BUT--I was able to watch a Samsung DLP (HLR 5067W) and the JVC 52G886 side-by-side and the Sammy did outperform in dark scenes. In fact, whenever there was a dark area on the screen that included detail, the Sammy (and all the plasmas I saw) displayed the detail fine but the JVC produced very little-if any--detail, but mostly muddled shades of gray and black.

Since I love this picture and don't want to fork out the extra $700+ for the plasma (Yet!), I am HOPING that either a) the store didn't have the black-level or contrast settings done properly on the display models or b) the JVC has user controls that will help (hopefully signficantly) with this issue such as low-level contrast or black-level adjustment.

Have any of you noticed this problem with the JVC LCOS sets or know if the sets can be adjusted to help with this?

Thanks.

Scott

Bill Sherer
Unregistered guest
My new JVC 61Z886 has a beautiful picture in every respect, except for dark scenes, sometimes they are pretty bad. The set has a "dynamic gamma" setting but I don't see much difference. Otherwise, it's a great set.

Silver Member
Username: Wearenotalone69

Post Number: 184
Hello all,

FYI: There is a NEW version of the D-ILA sets out now... It's called the DesignerPro Series

The most important and worthwhile upgrade besides the 1080P vs 720P being the PRO series has a 3 step /postion IRIS which IMPROVES BLACK LEVELS!!!

I think they also have 2 HDMI ports, instead of one.
PRO series has a 3 step /postion IRIS which IMPROVES BLACK LEVELS.
http://www.jvc.com/press/index.jsp?item=470&pageID=1
http://pro.jvc.com/pro/pr/2005/cedia/hdp70r1u.html

http://www.hdtvsolutions.com/JVC-HD-P70R1U.htm

Silver Member

Post Number: 185
Also new in JVC's 1080p televisions is a new 3 Step Optical Iris system that improves black levels and gradation in dark scenes

Availability and pricing for JVC's DesignerPro televisions are:

Model Approximate
Retail Price
Available
HD-56FH96 $4,000 October 2005
HD-61FH96 $4,500 October 2005
HD-70FH96 $6,000 October 2005

NOTE: the above are "suggested" retail...

Silver Member

Post Number: 186
PS: There is a POWER BUY getting put together here for the PRO Series JVC D-ILA's with the new 3 Step Optical Iris system that improves black levels and gradation in dark scenes: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=595187

Hey one last thing, please post in this section of the forum "Rear Projection TVs", instead of the section you are currently posting in "HDTV Reception ": https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/15131.html

Unregistered guest
I have owned the JVC 61" LYCOS for about a month now. After making all the manual adjustments available, I have settled on using the factory preset controls for theater and standard viewing. This TV is incredible when watching DVD's, beatiful color, plenty of brightnes, and I could never complain about the black levels. After three DVD players I settled on a Sony with the HDMI upconversion, the best of the three(LG and Samsung). If you don't use the preset viewing levels you may experience movement in solid colored backgrounds. I have looked into LCD and LYCOS for 2 years and settled on Sony AND JVC. I selected the JVC when I viewed it next to a plasma and didn't see an appreciable difference. Buy from BuyDig.com, I paid $2500 DELIVERED TO MY HOUSE. Incredible price considering Best Buy's price for the 56" is about $3000. I woudn't do anything different! I am changing to Directv HD after Christmas.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us