Help how do you reformat napa mp3 players????

titch
Unregistered guest
everytime i go to listen to my mp3 player it keeps telling me: incorrect format please reformat the player!! How do i do that?

Unregistered guest
my mp3 player keeps telling me to reformat my mp3 playerhow do i do this ?

Unregistered guest
How do I reformat my Napa MP3 device from Windows Media 9 to the 10 version as my new computer only will install 10

Unregistered guest
Folks if your NAPA 1 GB LCD MP3 player is showing "incorrect format please reformat the player" then install the software which came with the Mp3 player and run download firmware while doing so there is an option to Format data area select that and run it.

Unregistered guest
I have a NAPA 1Gb LCD MP3 player but with a Windows Me operating system there is no "Safely Remove Hardware " icon beside the clock as suggested in the user manual.
Hence I'm reluctant to remove the MP3 player until I know it is safe to do so. Can you help ?

Unregistered guest
my napa mp3 keeps telling me reformat it but how do i do it

Unregistered guest
my NAPA mp3 player says incorrect format plez reformat player evrytym i want 2 play sumthin and wen itry reformat using windows a msg apperars that windows is unable 2 complet reformat pleeez help.how do i get it2 work again

JoseLopez
Unregistered guest
Hi guys, i too have been having troubles with my napa 256mb mp3 player. It has stopped turning on and off when i try to, but is content with turning on at it's own accord. Does neone know what to do? (have allready tried banging it!)

Unregistered guest
has ne1 found owt how 2 reformat an mp3 player yet?

Unregistered guest

Unregistered guest

Kaytee
Unregistered guest
Argh mine does that please reformat player thing but I can't find any of the software as my mum installed the player on her computer and I don't know where she has put the CD. Is there any other way I can do it?

Chav
Unregistered guest
>: (

Unregistered guest
everytime i go to use my mp3 player it comes up incorrect format, when i go to correct the formatt my pc says formattind could not be completed. please tell m e why this is.

jennie the jen
Unregistered guest
Same here guys O__o

Anonymous

when i got to listen to my mp3 player it says : incorect format please reformat the player!
How do i reformat it?

Anonymous

when i go to listen to my mp3 player it says: incorrect format please reformat the player! how do i reformat it?

yjvkuyg
Unregistered guest
insert the CD to bring up the menu, select "view manual" to bring up Adobe help file and go down to where it says "click here to install mp3 playerdriver" under Installing Mp3 Player. then goto Start>Programs>Sigmatel MSCN Audio Player>Firmware download. Select the Download Options > Format Data Area tick box and click on Start. I couldnt do it through the Setup Driver option but it did work when i did it through the help file in Adobe, dunno why. hope this helps u guys, its taken me all afternoon to do it.

Napa1Gig
Unregistered guest
This place was really helpful with my problems:
http://www.compuforums.info/

Shavkat
Unregistered guest
For those whose player gives an error message like "incorrect format reformat your player
Download a firmware/formating tool form http://service.packardbell.com/ or www.pachardbell.com Format your player with this tool choose "Format data area" and you are done! I am using Pachard Bell AudioKey and I also had a problem like this today I did the above mentioned procedure and now I am listening to my player

philip1977
Unregistered guest
Is their any way that you can skip from album to album rather than skipping fron track to track?

annonamous
Unregistered guest
can i ask Shavkat where he/she went after they got into the website because i can't finf the "format data area" cause my mp3 is showing that exact reading...so please tell...:D thanks

danimgay
Unregistered guest
im a spasdik

Unregistered guest
I have a NAPA 512MB LCD MP3, i accidentally formated it & deleted all my songs. i have windows XP. when it was formated it still stayed as format FAT32, i also used the disc that came with it to make sure it was right. But now when i load songs onto it, they won't play, just skip the seconds. Please Help!

Anonymous

does anyone know where i can download music for my NAPA 1gb mp3 player easily and legally?
I dont mind paying for the tracks

Anonymous

i have SIGMATEL 3500 chip
This player dont run with USB power
I have to tun it on Battery
Firmware VER is 2.521
Is there any way to run it as a player when it is connected to pc
It can only b used as drive when connected to pc

Unregistered guest
Hi there,

I keep downloading music onto the NAPA player which is states is successfully complete, but when I remove the USB and press play it tells me there's NO FILES, even though the windows player states that the sychronisation is complete and I see the downloading occuring on the screen. Any clues?

sweety pie
Unregistered guest
what do you do when a NAPA MP3 Player strts to say "incorrect format reformat the player"

Unregistered guest
what do you do wen a napa mp3 player keeps saying 'incorrect format reformat the player some 1 plzz help?

napaproblem
Unregistered guest
i have a 1GB napa pm3 player. i dont know whats wrong with it,it doesnt turn on at all. its now only a memory stick nomore mp3 player. i press the turn on button and the blue screen comes on for 2 seconds and then turns off, please help anyone highly appreciated

Unregistered guest
I was just given an napa 1gb mp3 player with voice recording, however it only lets me use half of the available memory. half the space on it is free/empty, how do i get more songs to load like they are supposed too????

Anonymous

Do u have big saggy sausage tits? i do, do you, i do, do you

grotbitf
Unregistered guest
Thanks Shavkat!! I downloaded Packard Bell's patch from the MP3 site (once installed it doesn't do anything until the computer detects the MP3 player -see below). Then I followed the instructions for re-setting the MP3 player (remove from PC - remove battery - press play and insert into USB port - keep play pressed for >5 seconds). The computer recognised a new USB device and ran the PB patch from within the installation wizard. I fouled up here and tried to format the new drive using Windows XP - don't do this, I had to start again!. After new USB device recognised ran Firmware Download as described by poster named "yjvkuyg" (see above). Hey presto! got my tunes back!

Anonymous

my mp3 player keeps telling me to reformat my mp3 player how do i do this ?

Unregistered guest
hai this is ragu my napa usb keep telling that
incorrect format please reformat
some please help me

Unregistered guest
mine just flashes on and off i have reformatted it several times and the same thing keeps on happening, any ideas????

Unregistered guest
Any Problems With Napa MP3 Players The Following Should Sort It:

1) Run the CD that came with it and install the drivers even if u have winodws xp. Eject the cd once drivers installed

2)Connect your mp3 as normal

2) Now open the following: (its a good idea to be connected to the internet so it can upgrade suitable firmware for your mp3 at this stage)

start>all programs>SigmaTEL MSCN Audio Player>Firmware Download

3)If you want to upgrade the firmware just click start then wait. If your having storage problems such as the "file cannot be created" error messafe or not all songs are being played/displayed/stored propperly tick format data area. (p.s make sure you backup data already on the player as all files on it will be erased at after clicking start)

4) Click 'Start' and wait until it finishes. This method should sort out most of your players problems its a good idea 2 do this roughly once a month.

5) Details of all this are in the readme document which is on the napa CD!! If the above doesnt sort your problem try formatting it with windows according to the napas guide instructions.

Good Luck!

Unregistered guest
Any Problems With Napa MP3 Players The Following Should Sort It:

1) Run the CD that came with it and install the drivers even if u have winodws xp. Eject the cd once drivers installed

2)Connect your mp3 as normal

2) Now open the following: (its a good idea to be connected to the internet so it can upgrade suitable firmware for your mp3 at this stage)

start>all programs>SigmaTEL MSCN Audio Player>Firmware Download

3)If you want to upgrade the firmware just click start then wait. If your having storage problems such as the "file cannot be created" error messafe or not all songs are being played/displayed/stored propperly tick format data area. (p.s make sure you backup data already on the player as all files on it will be erased at after clicking start)

4) Click 'Start' and wait until it finishes. This method should sort out most of your players problems its a good idea 2 do this roughly once a month.

5) Details of all this are in the readme document which is on the napa CD!! If the above doesnt sort your problem try formatting it with windows according to the napas guide instructions.

Good Luck!

Unregistered guest
Another thing for those of you who sync with winodws media player, after putting on selected media onto your napa mp3 player if your getting an eorror message after disconncting it saying

"no files"

Change the settings in winodws media player by doing this:

Open media plyer>click Sync>Click the small red tick icon near top right of the player> untick 'create folder hierarchy on device' un tickking the setting underneath is optional but i have it un ticked so i can manually add files myself.>Click Apply>Click O.K

P.S You can also change the device name so it wont be called 'removal drive'.

Now delete all previous content on your player or back it up. Close then re open windows media player. Then start adding your new files to the player as normal and these new settings will take affect. You should no longer have the no files error message!

The reason for this error message is that napa mp3 players dont support all these folders that media player creates for each file on default. The player cannot naviagte throguh them.

Done..Problem Solved!

illiterate-dumbass
Unregistered guest
Hi I am thick as f)k and should not own an mp3 player, a computer or and internet connection, I am gonna ignore all te other posts in this thread and demand you fix my "incorrect format please reformat" problem. I will totaly ignore the fact that Balwinder Singh posted the solution in the 4th posting on this page.

thicko
Unregistered guest
my grand daughter has a napa 128 mp3 player.
we did not recieve any disc or software with it.
it says just plug and play
please help we are thick
sh has had it since xmas and still no music on it
thanks in anticipation
thicko

ice1
Unregistered guest
this shuld do it^

insert the mp3 player.go to my computer>right click removable disc>click format>then click start or go! :-)

ice1
Unregistered guest
this shuld do it^

insert the mp3 player.go to my computer>right click removable disc>click format>then click start or go! :-)

sam smart
Unregistered guest
Hi I av an ALBA MP3 player and its also saying incorrect format please reformat player could someone tell me how to fix this please

Username: Srteja

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I have an ADVIK 128mb usb mp3 player.

Recently i installed the new firmware from the product cd.It has SigmaTEL MSCN Audio Player Firmware.

After installing this, my player is not working. It is not playing songs even with new Battery and it is not recognized as removable drive in my computer. Anybody please give me the solution...

Lost and confused
Unregistered guest
I have a Curtis SMP128 mp3 player, I have attempted to load it on my computer, running Windows XP. I am in need of the Sigma Tel MSCN audio player firmware, I am not able to access it from my computer. Can someone please let me know where to download this firmware from.

Thanks

Unregistered guest
Have a NAPA 1GB MP3 player when i turn it on it says incorrect format,Reformat the player,how do i do this.there was no disc with the player all i do is plug it into the usb port and drag and drop files into the drive

Unregistered guest
Is there anyone who can help me get the driver/ software for my NAPA (LCD 512). I ca not copy or delete anything form this device. I can not even switch it on. Any body who can help? Than u in advance

Unregistered guest
i have an alba boom 128mb mp3 player but i dont have the software 4 it is there a link 4 it please email me as soon as any one found it
p.s. very urget

Anonymous

Where can I download firmware to napa pa32 player ?please help mee !!!

Username: Rohitharora

have a napa mp3 pa70 1gb player which was working fine.I got the message on it saying incorrect format reformat the player.I tried to format thru winxp but couldnt.So i downloaded the firmaware softare of sigma tel mscn audio player as i did not have the orignal drivers that come with the player.Anyways i made the mistake of formatting the player without the battery. So now i have a formatted player that does not come on at all only when i connect to the comp with the play button pressed for 5 sec but it as for the drivers which i dont have. Please help or suggest where i can download the drivers or what to do. thanks

Username: Allanson

PLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIZ some one mailme awebsite were i can download NAPA 1gb LCD firmware,be coz it needs reformating.MA email is allan_son@hotmail,com

Username: Waldo_uk

Hi

I have the 256mb version of the Napa mp3 and have the driver diak. I was getting the "incorrect format please reformat the player" and it wasn't working as a result. I found my driver disk after reading this forum and now it is working 100%. I will gladly share this driver with anyone that needs it. It is 13.8mb in total from the CD before 'zipping' or'rar'- ing. Let me know at daves_other-two@yahoo.co.uk and I will send as a zip.

Username: Raajl2

Surat, Gujarat

advik mp3 player new firmware need

Username: Uffesteenberg

Post Number: 2
Can anyone tell me if Napa players have a menu system that allows you to acces songs by album title?? I once had a player that just started playing songs from A to Z even though I sorted tracks in folders... quite annoying!!

I'm looking at this one -->
http://www.cy2000.net.ve/mp3/napa.jpg

Username: Wink_bink

U.k.

Hi
i have tryed everything on this forum has anyone got any more ideas why the music doesnt play??? i put the mp3 player in to anyother computer and it shows it has all the songs on it but it will not play them. It is a napa pink 128 mp3
thanx

Username: Rohitharora

Thanks a ton for the drivers, but i cannot seem to understand why it does not come on even after loading the drivers. THe only way that it is recognised on the computer is when i remove the battery & keep the play buuton pressed while connecting to the computer, but after removing it & putting battery in, it just refuses to come on.Please help.

Username: Ganusrs

Sirsi, Karnataka India

When I formatted 2GB MP3 Player using Windows XP Fat32 it converted to 108MB please help me how to get remaining memory

Username: Kamran_nisar

HELPPPP!!! MY NAPA 256MB PLAYER ISNT DETECTED BY ANY CONPUTER! NOT HOME NOT UNI NOT EVEN ON MY PS2!!! I CAN PLAY THE SONGS WICH ARE ALREADY IN, BUT NOTHING DETECTS IT!!!! I EVEN TRYED REFORMATTING IT BUT IT NEVER DETECTS IT... HELP! MUCH APPRICIATED!

Username: Htel

Original firmware is avaialble www.htelephones.co.uk or use the packard bell / logik as they are the same.

These players have a design error and will all fail eventually. If it comes up "This device can peform faster" and no Removable drive appears then you will need to get your soldering iron out. These have a similar problem when you get a blank blue screen. All other 'faults' can be rectified with the firmware.

Username: Daizie

Still can't hear music loudly enough even after saving as mp3 as advised (thankyou) can anyone help please?

Username: Brousse

my mp3 player keeps telling me to reformat my mp3 playerhow do i do this ?

Username: U421224

DERBYUK

I spent 2 hours on this, but nailed it and found mp3_recovery_drv.exe! What you need to do is download the file from http://service.packardbell.com/, (select (in order of page) select UK, select No serial number, select mp3 players,select Audioshare 2005 - 10>,select i dont know my model,select middle option (all available downloads) then under USB click file "MP3 Player Recovery Device Drivers 1.526.0.139 WinXP 29-11-2005". To go direct to this page, click http://support.packardbell.com/uk/item/index.php?i=platform_audioshare&g=2000 . Download it (mp3_recovery_drv.exe), install it and then run it (should appear as a new program within start on desk top). Once run, select Format data area then format ... click yes to disclaimer and yeeh hah .... dusted ....

Username: Flamingatom

Philippines

hello, how i can revive my mp4?

Username: Flamingatom

Philippines

Post Number: 3
can u help me pls? I have an mp4 STMP3500 and needs firmware update, i used the firmware on my cd but it didnt work, can u help me pls? email me at flamingatom@yahoo.com.ph thanx!!

Username: Moay

hallo if you have a nape mp3 and when you turn on the player a text show up and tell you Reformat the player.
Do like this ?

1. Go to http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=498592
and login you can take my accont
username: temp
password: 512

2. download ,NapaMP3Drivers.exe and save or open.

3. install the software.

4. plugin your nape mp3 player.

5. go to ..start /all program /sigmatel mscn audio player/ firmware download.

6. click at start

good luuck .....
/moay

Username: Moay

hallo if you have a nape mp3 and when you turn on the player a text show up and tell you Reformat the player.
Do like this

1. Go to http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=498592
and login you can take my accont
username: temp
password: 512

2. download ,NapaMP3Drivers.exe and save or open.

3. install the software.

4. plugin your nape mp3 player.

5. go to ..start /all program /sigmatel mscn audio player/ firmware download.

6. click at start

good luuck .....
/moay

Username: Phils_52

I recently bought this off ebay, Napa 1gb lcd player, no instructions or cd from po, came with music on whihc played ok. deleted play list manually, made up playlist on windows media and synchroniesed to device, deviceshows as loaded and when device opened on pc files are shown as folders for each artist. switch dvice on and it shows 'no files'

help

does any one have a instruction booklet that they could fax or e-mail please
phil

Username: Dramaqueen9753

hello!!!!!!!! my computer keeps saying that it dont recognise my mp3 when im trying to save something on it or it says the device is not connected or busy. my mum says to reformat it. how?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us