Speakers

Nesan
Unregistered guest
I just bought a pair of used speakers. The brand is Linear Phase.Does any one know about this brand? The power rating is mentioned as 150 W. I do not believe it can handle that much. The drivers do not have any details on their backs.At moderate volumes it sounds quite good. But rattles a little at higher levels. I have hooked it up with a Pioneer SA 6700 which is said to deliver 40 W per Channel. Also anybody have the specs of this amp?

Silver Member
Username: Cheapskate

Post Number: 294
do the "linear phase" speakers speakers look like DJ speakers... eg. carpet covered?

i THINK that it's actually a junk brand that's usually sold in the worldwide "van scheme" where a van stops you in a parking lot trying to "get rid of these extra aspeakers" they have. i've encountered this hustle a couple of times myself.

someone had a thread right here that included one of the dozen or so brand names used in these scams. if i had the URL, i'd post it.

after just using a simple keyword search... i came across the infamous "white van scam" with a couple references to linear phase:
www.crimes-of-persuasion.com/Crimes/InPerson/speaker_scams.htm

www.audioenz.co.nz/2004/archive_whitevans.shtml

and there were several others.

the reason i remembered "linear phase" is because "phase linear" (words reversed) is a well respected high end audio brand. browsing through the list, alot of the brand names look very similar to repectable brand names like dynaudio.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news. they sound like junk because they probably are junk, and you merely got stuck with what the previous owner was scammed into buying and wanted to unload them to recoup some of their money.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us